With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The game is not even out... So there's no way to know it
smile.gif

Wait for the game to be out, and then someone will extract the ROM and analyze the possibilities of custom songs
tongue.gif

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure there will be a homebrew created ala Frets on Fire that uses the hardware.
Imagine how many songs you can store on an 8 gig MicroSD!

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Wouldn't it be hard to customize the cart because you'd need another tool (probably via GBA like Firelink) and I doubt Nintendo would be willing to have that kind of DS cart - GBA slot kit - PC connection around when they already suffer from piracy.

Maybe the next gen of Nintendo handheld would come with few gigs of internal storage so you can get DLCs and customizations and stuff.

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I don't think that's what they meant, I think they meant as in making a crack of the game with the option to play extra songs...
I am right? aren't I...

notnarb

Not narbing it up
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jesterscourt said:
I'm sure there will be a homebrew created ala Frets on Fire that uses the hardware.
A game requires some serious optimizations if it's going to play music flies (especially a compressed format like mp3) and have a 'track' move smoothly on the screen on the DS. Note the lag when moving a window around in moonshell while playing an mp3 file. A commercial project would probably be our only hope.

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
notnarb said:
jesterscourt said:
A game requires some serious optimizations if it's going to play music flies (especially a compressed format like mp3) and have a 'track' move smoothly on the screen on the DS. Note the lag when moving a window around in moonshell while playing an mp3 file. A commercial project would probably be our only hope.
Your comparison is specious and those two things have absolutely nothing to do with each other. At all.

MagNetCZ

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
notnarb said:
jesterscourt said:
The ARM7 can do MP3 decoding in real time with no probs at all. It could even be just an edited AmplituDS (I know that one plays tracked music).

notnarb

Not narbing it up
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
MagNetCZ said:
notnarb said:
jesterscourt said:

The ARM7 can do MP3 decoding in real time with no probs at all. It could even be just an edited AmplituDS (I know that one plays tracked music).
Your comparison is specious and those two things have absolutely nothing to do with each other. At all.
Apologies, I have no idea what I was thinking. Although I had no idea the arm7 could do mp3 decoding by itself, I had completely forgotten about it altogether. Now I feel silly
shy.gif
If the DS only had one processor and has as much trouble with menus as it does in moonshell, software rendered or not, it would have some trouble doing a guitar hero-esque game
tongue.gif
, but yea, my bad

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr