Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From Shredz64

"Shredz64 is (will be if successful!) a game for the Commodore 64 that makes use the playstation guitar controller hooked through the PSX64 interface. It is in the beginning stages right now, with only button testing and some graphics routines done, but is on a steady track. There is a good chance Shredz64 will make use of SID and/or MID files for its music, though with channel constraints, SID files are more likely than MIDI files off the bat.

Some obstacles to be worked through include presentation of music given the 3 voice nature of the 6581 and 8580. Calculation, whether static or dynamic, of fret button mappings to notes as well. Also, efficiency needed for quick polling of the guitar controller.

Below is a screenshot of the beginnings of the game. I'm keeping the graphics very simple, confined to PETSCII and sprites during the early phases, since I want to save all the processing power I can for the music and response. If I have some extra cycles left over at the end, I'll tweak and polish up the graphics. Anyway, you can see the (very) beginnings of how the main screen will look."
shredz64.jpg

I love the fact that people still program for the C64 and beyond.
bow.gif

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Its amazing after 23 years they are still making stuff that works on the c64. Its hard to believe you can also fit a harddrive, get it to read SD cards, go onto the internet, use an accelerator and play 3 players on IK+ and 4 players on some games.

Kiljaeden

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This is completely amazing. It's great that a games premise can be retained and used for previous consoles. I just wish this was used in reverse, games premises are used for future consoles. I'd love to see a reworked Alex Kidd or something. Call me crazy, I know!

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is completely amazing. It's great that a games premise can be retained and used for previous consoles. I just wish this was used in reverse, games premises are used for future consoles. I'd love to see a reworked Alex Kidd or something. Call me crazy, I know!
I'm still praying that Activision will go back to making great games like they did with Pitfall, H.E.R.O. & River Raid.

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

a reworked Alex Kidd? I too would love seeing that. Though Id love to see SEGA bring back the dead mascot.
Though a VC port should be a given.
I dont think Id enjoy a C64 version of it like I did the SMS one.

Guitar Hero on the C64? Total awsome.
Throw in some Guiter-ish sid tunes and your good.

Now how about a Rockband clone? xD

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Its amazing after 23 years they are still making stuff that works on the c64. Its hard to believe you can also fit a harddrive, get it to read SD cards, go onto the internet, use an accelerator and play 3 players on IK+ and 4 players on some games.

Yea to bad of the display

You can get video leads to connect it up to the TV to give a better picture. Or you could connect it up to a monitor.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The ST version honestly looks like they at least tried lol