Guitar Hero Aerosmith Hammer-ons Trouble

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by eddie182, Jun 23, 2008.

Jun 23, 2008
  1. eddie182
    OP

Newcomer eddie182 Member

Australia
    Hey i just downloaded the wii version of guitar hero aerosmith. I have a PAL wii with 3.2E installed and it was a PAL copy of the game. Therefore i didn't have to patch it or anything to play it - i just extracted it and burned it. The problem is, when i get to the hammer-ons, some of the easiest ones that i have plenty of time to hit don't work. I hit the note before and hold down the correct note well before the hammer-on note appears and it simply misses. On the very quick hammer-ons it seems to work fine but on the easier, long-gap-between-notes hammer-ons, it misses. I've played GH3 all the way up to expert and never had this problem. I was wondering if anyone can shed some light. Has anything been changed for this version of guitar hero? I'm using verbatim disks and i've already made 2 copies with the same problem. Any help would be great.

Thanks [​IMG]

2. badbob

Member badbob Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    They changed the way hammer-ons work for this game apparently.

From Wikipedia:
    "The game itself is based much on Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock's mechanics with some improvements; notably, hammer-ons and pull-offs are "less mushy", there will be new venues for the game, and while all other gameplay modes from Guitar Hero III are present, there will be no co-op career mode. The game's interfaces and menus have been redesigned for the game. Additionally, the team re-evaluated the difficulty of the game based on feedback from players of Guitar Hero III who felt that there were "too many brick walls for casual fans"."

My mate was complaining about it too, I don't think you can hold down the notes in anticipation any more and have to hammer onto them when they appear now instead. I didn't play it so not sure.

Any notice how weird the drummer looks in this one too? [​IMG]

3. hankchill

Member hankchill I Pwn n00bs.

Canada
    Sounds a little strange. I play it on the 360 and have not experienced any of the hammer-on/pull off issues you're having. Then again the code on the Wii and 360 are different so maybe the developers made some errors when doing the Wii version?

4. eddie182
    OP

Newcomer eddie182 Member

Australia
    Thanks a lot guys - i reckon you're right about you having to hit the hammer-ons at exactly the right time (makes more sense realistically too). And yes i have noticed that the character models look quite a lot less detailed than the GH3 counterpart (for wii). I think that because it's a spin-off, they haven't spent as much on it and it shows.

Thanks all for the input, now all i need to do is get used to hitting them right.

5. H8TR

Member H8TR GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    That's how HOPO's were in Guitar Hero II. You can't hold the note before the note comes up. Its going to mess up many people if Activison keeps changing the way they work. You'll have to remember depending which version you are playing.

6. lolsjoel

Member lolsjoel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    How is this Wii - Hacking worthy?

7. deathfisaro

Member deathfisaro Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan

Canada
    360 version Aerosmith's HPO timing has been reverted to GH2 style as well.
    But I felt like the timing window is bigger than that of GH2 (I can confidently say this).

Well actually it makes more sense because that's how HPO works in real guitars.

Just for gaming I prefer GH3's HPO timing, because it makes solos helllota easier. Some solos were surprisingly easy because the game wasn't too picky about my timing as long as I was holding the right fret.

8. trent_fox

Member trent_fox GBAtemp Regular

United States
    May be a stupid suggestion, but try replacing the batteries in your Wiimote. When I play Guitar Hero with batteries that are low, notes don't register as accurately as they should.

9. elektrixxx

Newcomer elektrixxx Advanced Member

Australia
    Has anyone noticed the note chart isn't timed right with the music when you're playing it? You have to hit the notes before the song gets to it. It's not on my end because this didn't happen on my retail GHIII.

10. lolsjoel

Member lolsjoel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    That would be a bad burn.

11. Shinster

Member Shinster GBAtemp Regular

Philippines
    Yes. Real hammer-ons on real guitars work that way. So it makes sense.