Crimsonclaw111

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Guitar Hero 5 doesn't seem to want to progress past the main menu screen, and freezes there every time. Out of all the rhythm games I own, this is the only one that refuses to work.

Guitar Heroes 3, World Tour, and Warriors of Rock all play flawlessly, as does Rock Band 2 and 3. All of these games work on cios 223 (v5.1). I've already tried cios 223 (v4 and v5.1) but no luck. Any ideas as to what's going on here?

Crimsonclaw111

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've ripped it twice already and no luck. The songs play in the intro and I can join in, but the game will freeze on the main menu. Once, it made it to quickplay. But even after that, it crapped out.

It's not the end of the world but I would like to know why this keeps happening.

matt1tude

Trophies
XP
Country
I have had this exact problem still to this day not sure why, however I need to check with you for a few things just clarify if it's the same.

1: What Loader are you using?

(I was using CFG Loader v70 for all my games and was having problems with GH5/BH getting stuck loading the main menu like yourself, but now use neogamma r9 for all of my rhythm games and CFG for the others)

2: Is you internet connection on? and what method do you use? (LAN adapter or WiFi?)

(I use a LAN adapter, and when I remove the LAN adapter and thus disconnecting the internet from the Wii, Guitar Hero 5 and Band Hero work fine using CFG Loader so I know my problem is a network connection problem)

Try disconnecting your network from the Wii and try loading GH5.

Reactions: 1 person

matt1tude

Trophies
XP
Country
Awesome news. I'm glad I could be of some help.

Be also nice if anyone knew why a network connection causes this problem on CFG Loader, It has me stumped.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: i'm getting sleepy.