OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hello Tempers,

after I have played guitar hero 5 on my wii The wii wasn't able to read discs anymore. Only wiiware is working and my channels are working. I thought the problem could be because of the wad gecko auto. installed. Do I need to initialite my wii or does anything safe my wii?

ZeroTm

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Nope gecko installed a wad when I started the game through but not the game itself I also have 3.2E and wiikey

edit: updated thru the internet to 4.1E but it's still not working. The wii is making strange noises when loading a disc. After that it stops reading

edit#2: after deleting everything from my wii nothing happened. It still doesn't work.

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
ZeroTm said:
Nope gecko installed a wad when I started the game through but not the game itself I also have 3.2E and wiikey

edit: updated thru the internet to 4.1E but it's still not working. The wii is making strange noises when loading a disc. After that it stops reading

edit#2: after deleting everything from my wii nothing happened. It still doesn't work.

Did you initialize your Wii or what?

About the strange noise, possibly your drive is going to die.
unsure.gif

ZeroTm

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah I did initialize but I copied my saves to a sd card. Well need to save my money for an external hdd I guess. Isn't it strange that my disk drive dies just at that moment after gecko installed the ios 56?

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
Indeed, thats strange but possibly bad luck...

Playing with USB Loaders is the way to go, the ingame movies are smooth and its all in all faster than playing with backups.

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
the thing that gecko installed was IOS56, but i dont know why that would have wrecked your wii.

personally i am using IOS56 DIP with cIOSr14, and GH works like a charm using cIOSCORP
wink.gif

maybe you should un-install IOS56 and see if the noise persists? it shouldnt damage your wii as only GH5 uses it
smile.gif
then if the sounds stop, try to find cIOS56 instead and install it through wad manager
wink.gif

legoblocks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ZeroTm said:

If it's a buzzing type noise it might be this problem which can be fixed http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mp1ZQS4UC9g

jpcotes

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
hey I have a similar problem. my games do work, but my guitar hero 4 game doesnt work correctly

I booted up my wii with guitar hero 5 in it for the first time, and the wii menu told me that I needed to update my system to play the game correctly. So i did (at least, tried), but it literally took like 2 seconds, which I thought was strange since i wasnt even online. But anyway, the wii allowed me to enter the game now. I played a few songs normally.

The next day, I played again, but now the video freezes up for a couple of seconds frequently during a song. I tried calibrating video and audio lag SEVERAL times, but it didnt work. And I didnt have lag problems the day before anyway, or with Guitar hero World TOur.

And now, I cant connect to the internet. Before playing Guitar Hero 5 my internet connection was perfect, now I keep getting this "51331" error code !!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb