Sailor

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just a question..is it safe to buy GH3 now?
Like, I'm well aware that the Mono problem is still out there, but when they DO fix it, what happens? I'm pretty sure they can't do patches on the Wii, so will they issue all the existing owners a new copy? I mean, it'd be VERY unfair to let the people who bought it before the fix get stuck with the broken version.

I just want Stereo, but my parents are probably gonna buy it for me soon for Christmas, because they have like a 20% gift card thing, and I hinted it to them that I want it xD
BUT! I don't want a broken version, so I'm wondering if it WILL get fixed along the way.

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Who knows if it'll get fixed. If it does I don't know if there'll be a dump of the fixed version though. I actually have my doubts that they'll issue replacement DVDs, if the customer service reports are any indication. But if you're not paying for it, the guitar is nice, I've heard.

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States

MrMojo83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Why can't they do patches on the Wii?

How would you go about and patch the dvd do you think?
Cause this aint a wii hardware issue
They can release patches for games on the competition. You know that these things has some storage on the console right?

Yeah there is a save file and this save file also has some config settings saved, but I really dont think this is a matter of something as simple as that. Meaning that the config file on the wii does not save correctly if you choosed stereo or mono for your wii.

It makes much more sense that this is a hard compilation error where the "switch" is not beeing flicked over to stereo since it has to be preset mono.

And if it would be as you say, now thats a really stupid solution, having everyone download a patch for a savefile that can easily be ereased and then needed to be redownloaded again.
Sounds more like a hack solution than a fix.

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
They are aware of the problem it will either be a download patch or a recall/re-issue.

A patch is highly unlikely, there have already been several Wii games recalled because of bugs, etc.

BigX

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
even though, if there will be downloadable patches for Wii games this definetely would be a way for Homebrew to come to the Wii...think about it.
I would welcome it.

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
I think they could update the wii firmware to run the game and adding some code to the original maybe? not sure if it's supported tho.

I mean how could such a thing like this be in the final game? It's such a simple thing to bug test. What were they doing? Seriously?

MrMojo83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Im just having such issues beliving this beeing a firmware issue, since stereo has been working on several other titles before. This is an issue with the gamedisc, they maybe are able to create a workaround through the firmware...but I wouldnt like a developer to spread a firmwarefix for a game they managed to sell bugged :S

Smells verybad for nintendo to allow such a thing

BigX

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Elrinth: after you found a bug, it is easy to ask, why it was not found the first time. Is theier QA sleeping?
But still right...this is a real bad bug.

MrMojo:
This is no Firmware problem. I was just thinking to allow some software be patched by a downloadable piece of software (aka patch). You would have need to allow software on the disc channel to be patched/altered by some software from the flash-memory (or even SD-memory).
This is like process injection on pc. This could open up the gates for homebrew if it is not done very carefully.

MrMojo83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
BigX: thats what Im saying..its not a firmware problem.

But do you really belive injection is a solution for this? You must by that mean that the injection will occur into the process thread at the given moment? Sound waaay to risky for nintendo to approve in my ears

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
They included not just PLII in every other version including the PS2 version, but also even Dolby Digital in the PS3 and 360 versions. I don't see how dropping stereo for the Wii version would have saved them any money.

Besides, it's advertised on the box that it has Pro Logic II. That means they intended it in there. Even if they didn't, it's false advertising and grounds for a class action suit. They don't want that, so eventually it will hopefully be fixed, but not unless the consumer raises a stir.

Redsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
i expect they will replace the discs if you send them back.

I expect a lot of people dont even realise its playing in Mono anyway so they wont care..

Sailor

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
They are aware of the problem it will either be a download patch or a recall/re-issue.

A patch is highly unlikely, there have already been several Wii games recalled because of bugs, etc.

Yea, but I don't think they're really doing anything :\
This has been present for weeks now, and they haven't responded at all. No updates or anything. I wouldn't think it takes that long.

And if I do buy it, they BETTER do a recall. Don't know what they're waiting for though, every new GH3 that's sold, they're losing money to recall it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended