guitar compatibility

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by alimami, Jul 30, 2009.

Jul 30, 2009

guitar compatibility by alimami at 7:06 PM (558 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. alimami
    OP

Member alimami GBAtemp Regular

Iran
    hi.
    i want to buy a guitar for my wii to play guitar hero and rock band games.
    my question is that if i buy a guitar that is for xbox360 or ps3 (no difference) wired or wireless (again no difference) does it compatible with wii?
    can i play guitar heros and rock bands without any problem??
    do you know any site that has a information about game guitars and its compatibility??
    i would appreciate that if someone share his/her experience.

2. DsHacker14

Member DsHacker14 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    wow... if you havent noticed on wii guitars for guitar hero there is a little square under the wammy bar for you to put your wii remote.. Obviously the xbox 360 and ps3 guitars wont work due to the lack of the little slot and due to the fact that xbox 360 is only for xbox 360 and ps3 is only for ps3 >_>..

As for guitar hero guitars working on rock band or vice versa im not sure because i dont really play rock band.. im mostly a guitar hero person.

3. davidsl_128

Member davidsl_128 GBAtemp Brightsider

Colombia
    Joystick has a compatibility matrix of which instruments work on which game in which console here. But instruments definitively don't work between different consoles.

4. grentuu

Member grentuu GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    We have GHWT guitar plus original guitar from 1st release Guitar hero for wii.

Obviously they work on all wii GH titles. They also work on all RB2 titles include trackpacks made for RB2 such as AC/DC. They do not work on RB1..As previously stated they will not work cross platform, unless someone has modded which IMHO wouldn't be worth the cost and effort considering the price for a 2nd hand guitar.