Guinness World Records copyright claims hundreds of speedrun videos, says it was done in error

General Article Header_tcm25-471388.png

If you had a world record speedrun uploaded to YouTube, the Guinness World Records might have tried to copyright claim it earlier today. Record holders began to notice that the world record-keeping organization was copyright claiming dozens upon dozens of speedrun videos after requesting permission from some content creators to re-upload the speedruns on their official channel. These were not copyright strikes, therefore none of the channels were affected negatively by the claim, but the monetization of each video was frozen. When the issue was brought to the attention of Guinness World Records, they stated that it had been an error with YouTube's automatic content ID system, and that they were working to undo all of the falsely made claims against the speedrunners. Guinness also mentioned that if any speedrunners are still affected, they can reach out to their official Twitter account to resolve any copyright problems.

:arrow: Source

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i was going try to speed run a game but ah forget about it. plus it's not on PS4.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Haha I saw the video by Karl Jobst earlier today about this.

The Guinness World Record account promptly replied to the video and the comment has since been pinned.

Hopefully the mishaps is solved by now.

Vorde

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'd rather play games than waste hours of my time watching someone else
"Waste" is subjective. Look at all the people watching NHL or NFL or NBA on their TV. Hell, people pay money to watch this stuff on their television. It's all about what people concern as a waste. I like speedruns because it shows what years of dedication can do, and sometimes you pick up on a trick or a strat you can incorporate into your own gameplay.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over