Guilty pleasure music?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As above if I like something I am prepared to own it (in the questions over taste sense, legal sense is possibly a different matter).

Something more of my friends might not have expected... I am usually very lukewarm on electronic music, especially modern stuff (was shocked the other year to be able to name artist plus track or at least track in the guess what is what section of this video, but I seem to have gained something of an affinity for hardbass this last few years*. Not necessarily the best fit for the usual metal/blues/folk metal/punk/ska/reggae/piss take from any of those that forms the bulk of my music collection, though at the same time 99% of it (or at least anything I listen to twice) is a piss take and accordingly I reckon I could draw a line from any number of other things I like to that.

*question of what to have as an example here is also fun, and that is not withstanding the "traditional" hardbass debate that seems to be raging (and if I were to go music historian I can see a difference).
DJ Blyatman & Hard Bass School - VICE CITY
Alan Aztec - Disco Panzer (feat. R5on11c)
uamee - 74 47

Tsukiru

Over the Eden
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess it would have to be some of Kanye's real weird appearances. And I mean real weird. I can listen to these just fine, not being a major Kanye fan and all, I'm just stuck wondering how these came to be. Like... Did he have to release Lift Yourself like that?

Julie_Pilgrim

Secretly three raccoons in a trench coat
OP
Trophies
Website
zoey-on-github.github.io
XP
Country
United States
I guess it would have to be some of Kanye's real weird appearances. And I mean real weird. I can listen to these just fine, not being a major Kanye fan and all, I'm just stuck wondering how these came to be. Like... Did he have to release Lift Yourself like that?
lift yourself actually has a really interesting story behind it. Drake wanted to use the beat, so kanye trolled him by going "poopity scoop" over it so that drake couldn't use the beat anymore

Reactions: Tsukiru

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't feel guilty about any music I enjoy. If it slaps it slaps.
This.

I used to only play hard rock in public settings, and enjoy pop in private. Now I just play whatever I like. Fuck it. :)

BLACKPINK IN YOUR AREA!

Reactions: TomRiddle

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: idk, i don't have one