Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
blazblue.jpg

Looks like we have a new 2D fighter on our hands. Alongside The King of Fighters XII (yes War, I said XII), you can try out BlazBlue! Well, Japanese owners can.

QUOTE said:
Guilty Gear developers Arc System Works dropped BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger in Japanese arcades last November. Today, a console port has been announced, with the 2D fighting game coming to PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

The latest issue of Famitsu Weekly breaks the news that BlazBlue will make the jump to consoles this Summer. So far, that's only for the Japanese audience. Failing a North American or European localization—which we're assuming someone will be smart enough to pick up—an import may be in order.

1UP's recount of the Famitsu story notes that the home version of BlazBlue will add a substantial single-player story mode, one touted to take 30 hours to complete.

The game will also get a boost from its arcade version with full online multiplayer support, downloadable content and an animated sequence from anime studio GONZO.

News Source: Kotaku

Update #1: Confirmed to be coming to NA around the same time as the Japanese port.

QUOTEShortly after Arc System Works said BlazBlue was being developed for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 in Japan Aksys stepped forward with an announcement for North America. Aksys will bring the high resolution 2D fighter stateside this summer which is right around when Japan gets the console port. A specific date has not been announced for any region.

BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger is being called a spiritual successor to Guilty Gear. The team that built Guilty Gear made BlazBlue, but the new game features none of the offbeat characters that made the Guilty Gear series famous. Technical elements like instant kill attacks live on under new names like Astral Heat. With Street Fighter IV already in stores and the King of Fighters XII coming this summer this year is shaping up to be one brawl after another.

News Source: Siliconera

jargus

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I heard rumors before that there was going a PS3 version, but the 360 makes it even accessible.
There's actually an error in that article. It WAS made available for American arcades. It says so on ASW's english site for the game.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Awesome, i love Arc System Works' games.

But what about a really new Guilty Gear and not the same game with just 2 or 3 tweaks?
tongue.gif

I'd have preferred to see that announced :/

Cablephish

Show me...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
There's something about 2-d fighting games that's so interesting to me. Up until this day, I have no clue what it is.

Probably has something to do with Super Smash Bros., not quite sure.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I've known about Blazblue for quite a damn long time. Hell, I even have the Original OST, and been waiting forever for that official release announcement...

And now that it's also coming to the 360, SCREW THE PS3, I'M GETTING A 360.

GameDragon

Mugiwara RAWR!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ya, the game has been out for awhile now. I've played it myself a couple of times in my local arcade. Though glad to hear it's finally coming on consoles.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
G4's X-play had an interview with one of the producers of the game, and he says that it'll be coming to North America in the summer as well, with online play. Looks like I'll be getting a 360 sooner than I thought.....

biggrin.gif

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tropicana said:
G4's X-play had an interview with one of the producers of the game, and he says that it'll be coming to North America in the summer as well, with online play. Looks like I'll be getting a 360 sooner than I thought.....

biggrin.gif
Updated the 1st post with this info. Comes out around the same time as the Japan port. Awesome.
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/BkUi1uEdCmk