Gaming Guild's Pokemon HG/SS walkthrough

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey. This is NOT a translation, so you may have a sigh of relief now.

If anyone have been following my Blog (aka none of you), then you might have seen the small little sampler from my upcoming walkthrough for HG/SS. That included the section for Violet City. However, I've been working on this since Saturday and have much more. So, I've decided to release the current "beta seti alpha 5" of my walkthrough.

- What's completed...
> Index descriptions up to Vermillion City
> Walkthrough, including trainers, charts, gym leaders, mini bosses, etc, up to Olivine City
> Roaming Pokemon capture guide, by R2DJ
> Legendaries guide, by outgum with help from eighty4
> Pun answers, so far. I've counted at least 19 in the Index, including one section not yet added, although some are just references and NOT puns.

- What needs to be done...
> Walkthrough from Olivine City to Red battle
> Side quests
> Legendary capturing guide
> Dungeon guides
> Other stuff
> ASCII artwork

If you want to help out, I need someone for...
> ASCII artwork. Something like a Pokeball or the HeartGold logo, if you're that talented. Otherwise I'll attempt one myself.
> Side quests: I need someone to at least compile a list of side quests. I can provide walkthroughs, unless you want to

If you want to do either of those, please first PM me that you will in fact do it, then later PM me a link to a .txt file with your completed work. All credit for that section will go to you, no cock wagging here.

The guide includes generic walkthroughs, as well as some things not seen in other guides like Pokemon analysis and the classic "Guild McCommunist" humor (or lack of).

Again, my thanks goes out to R2DJ for his Roaming Pokemon guide, outgum and eighty4 for the legendary guide, and Neoseeker's selection of Pokemon guides for being able to cross reference and correct my guide.

Download (version 1) (it's a text file)

I'm hoping the entire guide will be done by the end of this week at most. I'm playing the game as I do the guide, so my progress through the guide is only as fast as my progress through the game. However, do to unpredictable homework and me having a life, it could be later. DON'T ASK FOR WHEN THE NEXT UPDATE WILL BE.

If you want to copy/paste sections into your guide, go ahead, I couldn't care less. There's no copyrighting here.

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nice! this would answer all the noob's questions and there would be less stupid topics!
laugh.gif

outgum

Pokemanz Master
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Pm'ed .txt files to Guild which consist of
- Interactable Pokemon
- Pokemon version Exclusives
- Daily/weekly events

I plan to do alot more upon being asked!

outgum

Pokemanz Master
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As of now, I've added all of outgum's sections and put in the "Pokemon" ASCII. If anyone wants to vote on anything different, though, I'm more than open to it. I'll post an updated guide once I get past Olivine at least.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Useful Guide, thanks. I was never Familiar with Heart Gold and Soul Silver before, even though I had the Gameboy Color Gold/Silver version...My friend stole/took my Gold/Silver Version and I never got it back. :l

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey gang, it's been a while. I thought I'd update you on the progress so far. I've just been busy with school and Wii games that I haven't had a whole lot of time to go through Pokemon. By the end of the weekend, I should have the walkthrough all the way through Johto or at least up to Clair. It will also have outgum's guides for one-of-a-kind Pokemon, legendaries locations, etc. After that, I'll be beta testing for the ASH translation and be working on yet another US I project. By at least mid-November I'll expect the entire guide to be done, including all the extras and such.

So far, I'm at the Rocket Radio Tower Takeover, both in-game and in the guide.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Water park was quite fun
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Water park was quite fun