Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I bought Guild Wars 2 recently due to the 20% off sale. Been playing with one of my friends and I am enjoying it a lot! When we're in a call with other friends, they're comparing it to RuneScape since apparently, what we say sounds like RuneScape o-o

Played both Guild Wars 2 and TERA, and I must say, they both have their ups and downs. Guild Wars 2 levels slower, but I feel there's more to do around areas than just leveling through quests and dungeons [which is in TERA]. TERA on the other hand, has a more fast paced and exciting battle system, but Guild Wars 2 has an alright one. The nice touch was being able to choose a profession and having multiple skills to go w/ it depending on the weapon combination.

Overall, I am satisfied with my purchase for now and the fact that I do not have to be rushed to play all the time since there is no monthly fee. TERA I had to farm for gold to be able to pay for monthly [it was nice considering you just had to pay for the game, then reach max level and suddenly, it'll be really easy to farm the gold to buy Chronoscrolls for monthly]. What are you thoughts/opinions on Guild Wars 2?

Creqaw

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I played it for a month or 2 starting at headstart. Got level 80 in the first week and actually liked farming gold till a certain degree (I only did Grenth which was fun). It was a lot of fun but one day I just stopped logging in.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've just stopped logging in really. I'd much rather go play GW1 instead. I prefer the first to the second. Overall the first had a better battle system and story but I really liked the second's event system. If more of my friends played GW1 I'd form a few teams and run through the stories and such.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."