Hacking [GUIDE] - Which flash cartridge should I buy?

D

Deleted User

This is a great guide! Everyone who's wondering about what to get should see this!

apoptygma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
This is a great guide! Everyone who's wondering about what to get should see this!
Suprised you found it, I stopped updating a while back due to it getting buried so often and people posting new "which do I buy" threads.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Will probably update soon with gw 3.2.1 MSET stuff and change the 9.7 references to 9.8

D

Deleted User

Suprised you found it, I stopped updating a while back due to it getting buried so often and people posting new "which do I buy" threads.

Will probably update soon with gw 3.2.1 MSET stuff and change the 9.7 references to 9.8
Someone had it in their signature. This should be a thread because this is important.

D

Deleted User

Already dissapeared from this list. Wish an moderator could stick this topic. Can i put a link to this in my signature?

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
It's a bit outdated. I feel that more can be written about it. Especially now that Gateway works for the N3DS and that Pasta is out. The guide's kind of misleading since it hasn't been updated.

apoptygma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It's a bit outdated. I feel that more can be written about it. Especially now that Gateway works for the N3DS and that Pasta is out. The guide's kind of misleading since it hasn't been updated.
I did specifically state that custom firmware is out of scope as this guide is for flash carts only. Also not sure what you mean about Gateway working for the N3DS, it state that too...

Already dissapeared from this list. Wish an moderator could stick this topic. Can i put a link to this in my signature?
Course, it's a free country ;)

genericuser

Trophies
XP
Country
Is this a typo?
Emunand at the time of writing version 3.2.2 of the Gateway firmware allows Emunand to run version 9.8 on the original 3DS and 9.6 on the New 3DS

I thought only up to 9.5 was supported on n3ds?? :O

EDIT: Yes, this a a typo, 9.6 emunand still does not work on n3ds.

• Classic Mode - Emunand with the ROM loader and signature check hacks disabled, used to play retail carts requiring a higher firmware version than the 'real' SYSNAND has
I've never seen a more elegant explanation for classic mode:)

Last edited by genericuser,

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
custom firmware section should be updated now that rxTools has sig checks patched out and supports anything up to and including 9.8, although at the moment still requires games to be installed in cia format.

EDIT: Although this only applies to the original 3ds/xl, although i believe people have found ways to get it running on a 2ds as well...just no n3ds support yet, last i knew.

apoptygma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Need to do a quick update to change the current FW to 9.9 and I'm thinking it's a good idea to mention the AP on the newer games that looks to be blocking Sky. Any other additions while I'm at it? Perhaps Reinand in there next to pasta...

gokuguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Need to do a quick update to change the current FW to 9.9 and I'm thinking it's a good idea to mention the AP on the newer games that looks to be blocking Sky. Any other additions while I'm at it? Perhaps Reinand in there next to pasta...

Was just about to mention this.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
In the Sky section it says something like "...or you don't want to buy OoT". Should this be, "...or you don't want to buy OoT or Cubic Ninja"?

Also, the custom firmware section only mentions pasta which is almost obsolete - should probably mention rxTools as best for o3DS (with its features), ReiNand as best for n3DS (with its features), and mention pasta's features as well (information may as well be complete)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1