Hacking [GUIDE] Upgrading 8.1.0-0J to 9.2.0-20J

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
I have had a ton of tempers and others send me their consoles. I don't feel as if slight compensation is outrageous taking into consideration how many hours I have into this.

Not to be rude but everything is in the first post; we really didn't change much or reinvented the wheel. We simply spent months of hard work and late nights getting this to work.

All proceeds just get put back into time and money spent getting this to work. I've bricked and destroyed so many 3ds units getting this done. I always have intended to make this public and eventually I will but it's going to stay private till then.

cultopi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have had a ton of tempers and others send me their consoles. I don't feel as if slight compensation is outrageous taking into consideration how many hours I have into this.

Not to be rude but everything is in the first post; we really didn't change much or reinvented the wheel. We simply spent months of hard work and late nights getting this to work.

All proceeds just get put back into time and money spent getting this to work. I've bricked and destroyed so many 3ds units getting this done. I always have intended to make this public and eventually I will but it's going to stay private till then.
People who are pushing this for public release, they are the flashcart agents. I know cearp isn't. :D

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China

You have rights to spread or not to spread anything.
But if you declared your standpoint about releasing this once you put up the video but not after getting claimed, then no one would claim your work, I thought.

Last edited by MelonGx,
Reactions: Syphurith

cultopi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have rights to spread or not to spread anything.
But if you declared your standpoint about releasing this once you put up the video but not after getting claimed, then no one would claim your work, I thought.
what you think sky3ds did with smealum's region free? They did not explicitly claim it is their work, but they are using it to maximize their profit on their website. WTF !!!

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
what you think sky3ds did with smealum's region free? They did not explicitly claim it is their work, but they are using it to maximize their profit on their website. WTF !!!
Same as this case.
Smea has rights to decide to continue servicing people or not to do that, if he feels Sky3DS hi-jacking his work.
But declare the standpoint once the decision comes out otherwise people have rights to criticize it.

Last edited by MelonGx,

cultopi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same as this case.
Smea has rights to decide to service people or not to do that.
But declare the standpoint once the decision comes out otherwise people have rights to criticize it.
Part of that standpoint actually comes from me too. I PMed him that. The night I got it working, I did not sleep till 5am in the morning. I don't feel like giving it right away after nights of staying up, especially to some thieves. I am not saying you are, but lots of flash cart distributors come from China and they like to steal works of others. Why are you so flipped out when it can be done by following the OP and some modifications? Who compensated us when we bricked our consoles ? If Yifan Lu says something, then it is another story. I do not know who you are, are you waiting for this moment since your location indicating you are from China ? Since I am offering my free service, you only have to pay for shipping for my sky3ds, I see no problem with not releasing it.

Last edited by cultopi,
Reactions: Zidapi

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Part of that standpoint actually comes from me too. I PMed him that. The night I got it working, I did not sleep till 5am in the morning. I don't feel like giving it right away after nights of staying up, especially to some thieves. I am not saying you are, but lots of flash cart distributors come from China and they like to steal works of others. Why are you so flipped out when it can be done by following the OP and some modifications? Who compensated us when we bricked our consoles ? If Yifan Lu says something, then it is another story. I do not know who you are, are you waiting for this moment since your location indicating you are from China ?
Some people hate the one who released something giving their hope, but don't declare his/her attitude on sharing (that's what the word "standpoint" I actually meant).
They think it's showing off rather than any other behavior.
If the one announced the work was private or only for beta tester once the evidence came out, then it's another story.
That's all.

Last edited by MelonGx,

cultopi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some people hate the one who released something giving their hope, but don't declare his/her attitude on sharing (that's what the word "standpoint" I actually meant).
They think it's showing off rather than any other behavior.
That's all.
I am sharing it but not over the air.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Gratz @cultopi !

Man, I can't wait!
So.... if I alr have a Sky3DS, I just gotta sit tight?
Or can I ask more about how to do it by PM?
:3
Yes, sky3ds can do that. Just make it emulate JP CN. You can PM Ron for his server. Mine is not external yet.

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
BTW, I know zero about programming so I'm unable to make it myself. But I don't care since I can easily buy a N3DS 9.1 in a reasonable price at the moment.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes simply because some bastards (sky3ds, GW, others) would steal it and use it to maximize their profit. You can see it in pic.
That doesn't really make much sense.

GW are actually profiting off 8.1j consoles because they're the only one with anything besides NTR running on it. They could have released an update method themselves if it would actually profit them. And Sky3DS doesn't matter in the slightest what FW you're on, so the only way they'd benefit is by people buying a Sky3DS to do this method. I can't see a lot of people doing that when a sky3ds is nearly double CN jp.

cultopi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That doesn't really make much sense.

GW are actually profiting off 8.1j consoles because they're the only one with anything besides NTR running on it. They could have released an update method themselves if it would actually profit them. And Sky3DS doesn't matter in the slightest what FW you're on, so the only way they'd benefit is by people buying a Sky3DS to do this method. I can't see a lot of people doing that when a sky3ds is nearly double CN jp.
Do you know in china how they sell 8.1J N3DS? They bundled it with GW and install games in 3ds formats onto the GW card. Yes you need to pay for GW and games separately. Now if they update their 8.1J to 9.1J, they will use entry points and install games and still charge the price as it is bundled with GW (actually more than that). For every bundle they update to 9.1J, there would be 1 more GW available for some dump people which actually wanna buy GW separately. Not to mention there are people who wanna buy GW even they have 9.0-9.2 systems. Gaming industry is booming in China now, need I say more?

Reactions: Ronhero

yifan_lu

@yifanlu
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This thread is still alive?! I don't get what the issue is. If nintendo removed the files, just host it on your own server and change the ECommerceSOAP request to point to your server. It's literally the only additional step. Also, I don't know why people are still using this. BootNTR is open source. Just take that code and fuse it with profi200's sysupdater homebrew and you have an offline updater with no server needed.

reiyu

Canadian, eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This thread is still alive?! I don't get what the issue is. If nintendo removed the files, just host it on your own server and change the ECommerceSOAP request to point to your server. It's literally the only additional step. Also, I don't know why people are still using this. BootNTR is open source. Just take that code and fuse it with profi200's sysupdater homebrew and you have an offline updater with no server needed.

would you be able to make a tutorial on how to do this?

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
would you be able to make a tutorial on how to do this?
Don't hold your breath.

She doesn't want anything to do with the 3DS scene, in her own words she doesn't "have anything to contribute to this asinine community". She's right.

It seems @yifan_lu just dropped by to blow the lid off of this, to ensure @Ronhero and co. can't make money off of (what is mostly) her work.

Pretty sure she's wrong about the bootNTR/sysupdater mashup though. You'd still need to be in Gateway sysNAND mode to run it and sysupdater in Gateway Mode = brick.

Reactions: Syphurith

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It could get banned from PSN but you can change your ID I think?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you try wearing them?