Guide to installing a DS Phat shell

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by pitoui, Aug 3, 2008.

Aug 3, 2008
  1. pitoui
    OP

Member pitoui GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    I just bought a touch screen replacement for my ds phat and realised, hey I may aswel get me a new case since Im going to open the ds anyways.
    Then I realised something else, I don't know how to open it [​IMG]
    Does anyone have a nice guide on how to disassemble/reassemble the ds phat? I know that gbatemp posted up a guide for the ds lite but im pretty sure that they are different.

Anyone got a link or some tips for me?

Thanks

2. JPH

Banned JPH Banned

United States
    Well, you'll need a tri-wing screwdriver.
    I'll save you the trouble and tell you that no local hardware store sells them, so you'd best order one online.

I've found taking apart the Nintendo DS Phat super easy, and if you can't figure it out, then you can watch this video below (it's in Spanish, but still helpful and the only thing I've ever been able to find online about taking apart the Nintendo DS Phat).

3. chiseen

Newcomer chiseen Member

United States
  4. pitoui
    OP

Member pitoui GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    Yeah no worries about the tri wing, I've got one already so I should be sweet.
    Thanks heaps for the info guys, saved me a lot of trouble.

Edit: Wow, I screwed up big time. The hinges are so hard to take out/put in. I cracked my old hinges, but my new ones are alright, although I can't put back the part of the hinge that detaches due to the fact that the metal cylinder thingies protrude outwards. So now the DS is showing the ribbon cable from the between the screens and the top part does'nt click into place.
    The shoulder buttons are really hard to push in and all the other buttons feel like they are flush with the DS (not popping out like normal buttons).

Overall I done a shit job, but...

at least the touch screen works!!!