• Replies 129
  • Likes 61

Massive20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hi. I have a patched console, using Pegascape with an emummc with 9.2.0 firmware and atmosphere 0.13.0 and hekate 5.3.0. This setup uses fusee primary or secundary? If it is secundary, are there any sigpatches?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. I have a patched console, using Pegascape with an emummc with 9.2.0 firmware and atmosphere 0.13.0 and hekate 5.3.0. This setup uses fusee primary or secundary? If it is secundary, are there any sigpatches?
First of all, fusee_primary and fusee_secondary refer to the same thing. The patches differ if you use fusee or fss0. Secondly, the answer depends on how your hekate_ipl.ini file is setup.

Massive20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
First of all, fusee_primary and fusee_secondary refer to the same thing. The patches differ if you use fusee or fss0. Secondly, the answer depends on how your hekate_ipl.ini file is setup.

[CFW (EMUMMC)]
fss0=atmosphere/fusee-secondary.bin
kip1patch=nosigchk
atmosphere=1
logopath=bootloader/bootlogo.bmp
icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp

Does this help?

Massive20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Based on what I just said, it should be pretty obvious if you are using fusee or fss0.

oh ok. I though that Pegascape can only boot secundary, since that's the way i've done using the guide (sdsetup i think). so are there any patches for fss0, or do i have to change to fusee primary to use them, or there is nothing i can do and just have to wait?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh ok. I though that Pegascape can only boot secundary, since that's the way i've done using the guide (sdsetup i think). so are there any patches for fss0, or do i have to change to fusee primary to use them, or there is nothing i can do and just have to wait?
After re-reading the first post, I can now see where your doubts have surfaced from. Unfortunately, the first post has not been updated to reflect the current status of patches. There are fusee and fss0 patches for all firmware versions including ES and FS. If you click the link in the first post (which I will also link here for posterity), that link has the patches for all firmware versions including ES and FS for fss0.

Massive20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
After re-reading the first post, I can now see where your doubts have surfaced from. Unfortunately, the first post has not been updated to reflect the current status of patches. There are fusee and fss0 patches for all firmware versions including ES and FS. If you click the link in the first post (which I will also link here for posterity), that link has the patches for all firmware versions including ES and FS for fss0.

Ok thanks for the info.

Reactions: Draxzelex

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am confused:

That new Loader sysmodule and atmosphere now have to be patched using two different methods:

This is not worded very well. Does it mean that each one has to have two methods used at the same time, or that each one has to have one of those two methods (user's choice)? Or does it mean that the first has to use the first method and the second has to use the second method?

Since Hekate release v5.2.0, the "kip" modules can be live patched too, in the form of hekate patches.ini file (not ips). so, new packages could be provided without the kip file.

I recall using patches.ini prior to 5.2.0. So I don't understand what is described as having changed in 5.2.0 Also, what is the filename of the :kip file", is that loader.kip? Also I needed a line "kip1patch=nosigchk". Is this still needed?

pofehof

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This increased flexibility, all in one menu would not be possible if booting using fusée-primary.bin

Probably has already been mentioned before, but, seeing that it's very doubtful that people will need patches on both emuMMC and sysMMC, you could simply use fusee-primary for emuMMC (assuming this is where you will use patches), and fss0 for sysMMC/Stock.

Also, for the guide itself, NeutOS is dead, and the links to the patches should be updated (since both threads are dead).

Itsuki235

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noob question! .. Why do i need Sigpatches? and what is that?
Signature patches enhance the checks performed by Atmosphere (CFW for Horizon) to allow additional software to load that would have been able to run otherwise. Usually, this refers to installed .nsps.

laz305

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I’m on 9.0 now so updating will kill all my installed games? Or I just gotta put the patches in the right place and they’ll all work on 10.1?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I didn't visit gbatemps for weeks, I'm not aware of what has been done or not on the Switch scene.
I wrote the guide to help users at a given period of confusion due to specific change in the way firmware were launch.

Now, if it's not needed anymore, the thread can even be unpinned, or someone else (with admin power) if I'm not available who could edit it if you report it and ask for a fix.
I won't be angry if it's for user's interest :)

like I said, I didn't follow anything, so I wouldn't know what to change or how to update/fix it without spending time learning all I missed.
if it's just a matter of replacing link, I can do it. Is everything else still actual ?

Edit:
I added the two URLs you provided, without proof checking anything else.

Last edited by Cyan,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all