• Views 130,021
  • Replies 129
  • Likes 61

tom2199

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Should I edit the hekate ini file and change there or just selecting it through the payload menu on the hekate screen?
Just through the menu is fine, it's just for testing. If it works from there, you can put it in the ini. If it works through primary that would mean you're missing some Hekate patches, if so, just use primary or download the correct patches.

horokeusama

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I've attatched the error message I'm getting, even when I boot hekate using the primary payload.
I've noticed my OFW is on 10.0.2 and my EmuNAND is on 9.0.2, but Atmosphere is on the latest version, Hekate too.

My hekate_ipl.txt is like this:

[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=0
autohosoff=0
autonogc=1
updater2p=1
backlight=100

[CFW - sysMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/fusee-secondary.bin
kip1patch=nosigchk
atmosphere=1
emummc_force_disable=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp

[CFW - emuMMC]
kip1patch=nosigchk
emummcforce=1
atmosphere=1

[Stock - sysMMC]
emummc_force_disable=1
stock=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_switch.bmp

Attachments

• 2020052000492000-DB1426D1DFD034027CECDE9C2DD914B8.jpg
    2020052000492000-DB1426D1DFD034027CECDE9C2DD914B8.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 323

tom2199

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Uod
I've attatched the error message I'm getting, even when I boot hekate using the primary payload.
I've noticed my OFW is on 10.0.2 and my EmuNAND is on 9.0.2, but Atmosphere is on the latest version, Hekate too.

My hekate_ipl.txt is like this:

[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=0
autohosoff=0
autonogc=1
updater2p=1
backlight=100

[CFW - sysMMC]
kip1patch=nosigchk
atmosphere=1
emummc_force_disable=1

[CFW - emuMMC]
kip1patch=nosigchk
emummcforce=1
atmosphere=1

[Stock - sysMMC]
emummc_force_disable=1
stock=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_switch.bmp
Update your EmuNAND

Bullseye

Trophies
XP
Country
@Cyan thanks for the guide. I currently have an EmuNAND setup on FW 10.0.3 with files from SD setup and sigpatches (I think fss0=).

I would like to go for the second option first: Send Payload “Hekate” > chain-boot fusee-primary.bin > boot Atmosphere (payload=), before trying to set up the first one at a later stage.

How would I need to reconfigure my folder structure and .bin files in order to clean-up the SD card and have the only necessary stuff to run that? (So that I do not delete more files/folders than needed)

I will do so after work but any help would be highly appreciated!

C7XL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Cyan thanks for the guide. I currently have an EmuNAND setup on FW 10.0.3 with files from SD setup and sigpatches (I think fss0=).

I would like to go for the second option first: Send Payload “Hekate” > chain-boot fusee-primary.bin > boot Atmosphere (payload=), before trying to set up the first one at a later stage.

How would I need to reconfigure my folder structure and .bin files in order to clean-up the SD card and have the only necessary stuff to run that? (So that I do not delete more files/folders than needed)

I will do so after work but any help would be highly appreciated!
Best option would be just starting fresh and download all the files from Atmosphère and hekate's releases page then put that in your SD Card.

Bullseye

Trophies
XP
Country
Best option would be just starting fresh and download all the files from Atmosphère and hekate's releases page then put that in your SD Card.

If I don't want to use hekate can I remove the hekate folders from the sd card then? To have a lite version of CFW w/ sigpatches that runs EmuNAND

C7XL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I don't want to use hekate can I remove the hekate folders from the sd card then? To have a lite version of CFW w/ sigpatches that runs EmuNAND
Yea, you can just keep the atmosphere folder.

But imo, keep both atmosphere and hekate since it's won't be that bloated in terms of files/folders.

Bullseye

Trophies
XP
Country
Yea, you can just keep the atmosphere folder.

But imo, keep both atmosphere and hekate since it's won't be that bloated in terms of files/folders.

I like having the added functionality of hekate, but I will switch to fusee primary instead of secondary. Thanks for the help.

C7XL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like having the added functionality of hekate, but I will switch to fusee primary instead of secondary. Thanks for the help.

You can still switch to using fusée-primary with it, you just need to chainload it from hekate itself.
So the three can be resumed like this :

Send Payload “Fusee-primary.bin” > boot Atmosphere (fusée-secondary)
Send Payload “Hekate” > chain-boot fusee-primary.bin > boot Atmosphere (payload=)
Send Payload “Hekate” > Hekate uses fusee-secondary to boot Atmosphere (fss0=)

Reactions: Bullseye

Bullseye

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, I think I have the files ready to send hekate payload and run fusee primary on EmuNAND before setting up configuration with one of the Emutoggle apps. Is there a chance that my noGC gets updated when running this? I do not wish to have the game cart FW updated, as I want to keep it usable under my sysNAND FW (4.1)

EDIT: I suppose not when I look at the config line of the .ini file:
[config]
autoboot=1
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=3
verification=1
backlight=100
autohosoff=0
autonogc=1

EDIT2: Ok, managed to boot to EmuNAND with the config, but I am getting now 3 boot screens (sept, atmosphere color logo and the black atmosphere logo (horizon?), only one that I used to see before). It takes way longer to start than my previous config. How can I remove start logos so only the black atmosphere logo (horizon?) shows up and it starts as fast as possible after injecting payload? Is it only possible due to fusee secondary?

Last edited by Bullseye,

C7XL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, managed to boot to EmuNAND with the config, but I am getting now 3 boot screens (sept, atmosphere color logo and the black atmosphere logo (horizon?), only one that I used to see before). It takes way longer to start than my previous config. How can I remove start logos so only the black atmosphere logo (horizon?) shows up and it starts as fast as possible after injecting payload? Is it only possible due to fusee secondary?
Fusée-secondary boots just a little bit faster than fusée-primary.

Bullseye

Trophies
XP
Country
Fusée-secondary boots just a little bit faster than fusée-primary.

In my case it is noticeably faster. As soon as I inject the hekate payload, (autoboot CFW EmuNAND), the horizon logo shows and a second after the switch logo shows and the console starts.

If I want to boot fusee primary, I get the Sept logo for like 1 second, after the atmosphere logo for like 2 seconds and after the horizon one for 1 second, and after the switch one and it boots.

Do you or anyone know the reason behind startup load times?

C7XL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In my case it is noticeably faster. As soon as I inject the hekate payload, (autoboot CFW EmuNAND), the horizon logo shows and a second after the switch logo shows and the console starts.

If I want to boot fusee primary, I get the Sept logo for like 1 second, after the atmosphere logo for like 2 seconds and after the horizon one for 1 second, and after the switch one and it boots.

Do you or anyone know the reason behind startup load times?
Not really sure how it works but does it really matter that much to you? How many times do you reboot your Switch everyday?

Bullseye

Trophies
XP
Country
Not really sure how it works but does it really matter that much to you? How many times do you reboot your Switch everyday?

I hope someone else can reply then or give me a link to where I can understand more the process.

I want to have a setup as close to stock as possible, and the horizon black logo on boot-up is the closest to that.

I turn off my console at least once a week so every time that I turn it on I have to deal with the boot logos. Plus if I am testing some files and setups I need to turn off, take sd card out, and restart again, and then I am doing it more than once a day.

In any case I should have said first that it is not about if it matters to me or not, as that was not my question, but I did not.

Any help over my question from someone who knows about it would be appreciated

Reactions: C7XL

kantaroo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,
Can I please ask for advice on how to update the sigpatches? After @Lacius kindly got me unstuck managed to upgrade to 10.0.4 (in emuMMC) using ChoiDujourNX. It seems to have worked fine (at least the current system version is 10.0.4|AMS 0.12.01S). So I've managed to upgrade both the FW and Atmosphere to their latest versions.

But my installed games don't work now, with an error "Could not start the software". From this post I gather that this is likely because somehow my sigpatches are not right (even though earlier today I downloaded what I thought were the latest sigpatches from https://sdsetup.com/console?switch)

So I'm trying to use these instructions to update my sigpatches.

I believe I am booting using fusee primary as this describes well what I am doing:
"You send Hekate_CTR payload to the console in RCM, which boots Atmosphère using “payload=fusée-primary”"

So I've taken the Raugo patches
https://gbatemp.net/threads/atmosphere-patches-es-fs-and-loader-fusee_primary-only.562812/

I've copied the atmosphere folder into my SD card's root folder and I have checked that I have both the exefs_patches and the kip_patches there. But still the games will not run.

Is there anything else I'm supposed to do with those patches in order to be able to run the installed games?

Thanks!

Edit: I managed to get it to work by trying the Haruko sigpatches. For some reason the Raugo patches did not work on my machine (FW 10.0.4). But everything seems to be working now.

Last edited by kantaroo,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
Can I please ask for advice on how to update the sigpatches? After @Lacius kindly got me unstuck managed to upgrade to 10.0.4 (in emuMMC) using ChoiDujourNX. It seems to have worked fine (at least the current system version is 10.0.4|AMS 0.12.01S). So I've managed to upgrade both the FW and Atmosphere to their latest versions.

But my installed games don't work now, with an error "Could not start the software". From this post I gather that this is likely because somehow my sigpatches are not right (even though earlier today I downloaded what I thought were the latest sigpatches from https://sdsetup.com/console?switch)

So I'm trying to use these instructions to update my sigpatches.

I believe I am booting using fusee primary as this describes well what I am doing:
"You send Hekate_CTR payload to the console in RCM, which boots Atmosphère using “payload=fusée-primary”"

So I've taken the Raugo patches
https://gbatemp.net/threads/atmosphere-patches-es-fs-and-loader-fusee_primary-only.562812/

I've copied the atmosphere folder into my SD card's root folder and I have checked that I have both the exefs_patches and the kip_patches there. But still the games will not run.

Is there anything else I'm supposed to do with those patches in order to be able to run the installed games?

Thanks!

Edit: I managed to get it to work by trying the Haruko sigpatches. For some reason the Raugo patches did not work on my machine (FW 10.0.4). But everything seems to be working now.
If you're using Hekate, you have to manually setup fusee-primary chainloading. Otherwise, the fusee-primary patches (recommended) won't work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back