• Start date
  • Views 700,377
  • Replies 1,848
  • Likes 45

Hi-Dro

Trophies
XP
Country
unfortunately i got as far as the enso app from mlthaku and then when i tried to open that it said data corrupted i was unable to get the other 2 apps to install I also kept getting an error from the browser app (C2 12828 1), I tried to restart and reformat the sd card again but I do not have access to format through windows I can however see the folders through windows it seems like there is some kind of write protection ?. not sure what caused that maybe a dodgy sd card? also strangely molecular shell app is also appearing but when clicked on says data corrupt.

Edit:
Upon reflection and many failed attempts at reformatting I conclude that the SD card is either broken/dead or one of those dodgy fake ones.
I tried literally everything to format the SD card but nothing worked always got and error or freezing during the process, I finally managed to delete the partition in mini tool partition wizard and tried to format and "write 0's" it went through the whole process only to say the SD is (bad disk).
I was wondering if this might be a common problem when using an SD2Vita? ~I'd rather not buy another 64gb sd card if so.

Edit: tested and is not a fake but is corrupted and unusable.

Last edited by Hi-Dro,

xxurmomxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sum quick questions for yal:
1. i played p4g on my pstv b4 i did the henkaku n vitashell stuff n i want to move my save files n stuff to a usb to use as the main source of storage, how can i do that?
2. i use a ds4 between my pstv n ps4. since im going to use the usb slot 4 storage, how will i be able to connect the ds4 to the pstv? would i hv 2 plug in the usb cable 4 the ds4 to turn it on then connect the storage usb after?
3. i got a 8gb usb rn. idt its enough 4 all the games i want so i wanted to dl some games now n finish up the homebrewing stuff now, grab a bigger size usb later, n basically move all the stuff onto that usb including my game files. how/would that be possible?
preciate any help .

Hi-Dro

Trophies
XP
Country
If i factory reset my Vita will it enable me to start the hack from the beginning using this guide http://cfw.guide/vita/. or should I just reinstall the SD2vita drivers?

Note: I have SD2vita and Henkaku enso currently installed with no vita memory card. I'm assuming factory reset will wipe these off the internal memory. Please refer to previous posts.
I bought a new 64gb sd card but reluctant to format and use windisk imager incase the previous owner some how hacked it wrong or installed the SD2vita incorrectly which caused corruption to the previous SD card ? what are your thoughts or what would you do?

one thing I have noticed on the guide it says
  • If you are using a Vita 1000, you must have a memory card

I have PCH-1103 so I'm hoping this does not apply to all 1000 models

Last edited by Hi-Dro,

Cortexfou

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I have a problem with my sd2vita. I have this in vitashell :
852768IMG20171106212617.jpg

And I cant do anything with vitashell. I have an error. When I delete something big with vitashell it work and it's back to normal but when I restart my vita the problem is back again. Also, it say that the card is full but my PC say that I have more that 20Gb free... What can I do about that ?

Note : Last week, I maked a backup of my sd vita, I formated it and I used it or for something else. After that, I re-inject the zzblank un the sd and I put back my backup in. Since then I have this problem.

Last edited by Cortexfou,

dizz00

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I have a problem with my sd2vita. I have this in vitashell :
852768IMG20171106212617.jpg

And I cant do anything with vitashell. I have an error. When I delete something big with vitashell it work and it's back to normal but when I restart my vita the problem is back again. Also, it say that the card is full but my PC say that I have more that 20Gb free... What can I do about that ?

Note : Last week, I maked a backup of my sd vita, I formated it and I used it or for something else. After that, I re-inject the zzblank un the sd and I put back my backup in. Since then I have this problem.
Afaik vitashell act like that if you have less than 40mB free space, but you said you have 20gB space maybe the sd card is defective. Try reformat and test the sd card for defect.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
anyone know where else is good for the vita hacking scene ? it's a little slow on GBAtemp?
There's Wololo.net, or the VitaHacks subreddit, but the reason it seems slow on GBATemp is because the Vita hacking scene in general is slow. If you're expecting announcements every few days or every week or two, you'll be a bit disappointed, as it's more like every few weeks/months.

Reactions: RY0M43CH1Z3N
D

Deleted User

OP
@VitaType
Sorry for the late reply, I haven't been here for a while. I've never owned an SD2Vita before, and all the tutorials I write here are based off of what I've attempted myself personally in the past, so that's why you don't see any tutorial for it here... (I used to follow the scene very very closely, trying all the new hacks and homebrew and stuff, but I don't anymore)
@Lia's newer, up-to-date vita hacking guide contains a very clear, concise SD2Vita guide as well as other important tutorials which are explained a little better than here. Afaik I think it's one of the most go-to tutorial sites recommended for newcomers nowadays; here I'm just not able to keep up anymore due to lack of time and dedication, so this guide's lagging behind a lot... hell, I will probably end up getting this thread renamed to Vita Noob Paradise.

Cortexfou

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hello, I have a question about my config.txt in ur0. It look like this :

Code:
*KERNEL
ux0:tai/nopsmdrm.skprxux0:tai/nonpdrm.skprxur0:tai/gamesd.skprx
ux0:app/PSPEMUCFW/sce_module/adrenaline_kernel.skprx

ux0:tai/nonpdrm.skprx
*KERNEL
ur0:tai/gamesd.skprx
ux0:app/PSPEMUCFW/sce_module/adrenaline_kernel.skprx

Is this right or I can make it better ?

Update : Spartk helped me here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/plugin-problem-pstv.489492/ thanks to him!

Last edited by Cortexfou,

drenco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi id like to know is 3.60 firmware still the best firmware to use ? and what is the latest version of the SD2Vita adapter and where can i buy one from ? and do they support micro sd cards upto 256gb ? Thx

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Hi id like to know is 3.60 firmware still the best firmware to use ? and what is the latest version of the SD2Vita adapter and where can i buy one from ? and do they support micro sd cards upto 256gb ? Thx
Yes, 3.60 is still the only firmware that Henkaku currently supports.

There are a ton of SD2Vita's nowadays from third party manufacturers and such, I suggest just picking the one that looks the highest quality and sticking with that.

And yes, 256GB MSD cards should work just fine.

Reactions: drenco and cvskid

Jonesy123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere (I couldn't find it). Have a 3TB hard drive formatted to fat32 as want to use it for wii games and vita. I used it on wii first, but when I try to mount it on PSTV it gives an error. In the process of getting all the wii files off and reformat it and try again on PSTV, but is it possible to have the games and wbfs folders on the root with the vita files? Thanks in advance

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere (I couldn't find it). Have a 3TB hard drive formatted to fat32 as want to use it for wii games and vita. I used it on wii first, but when I try to mount it on PSTV it gives an error. In the process of getting all the wii files off and reformat it and try again on PSTV, but is it possible to have the games and wbfs folders on the root with the vita files? Thanks in advance
Make sure the cluster size when you format your HDD is as small as possible, as the Vita's file system is very picky when it comes to large capacity HDDs. It's very possible your 3TB HDD might not work at all because of this (I've seen some people get 3TB to work, but more that say it doesn't).

It should be possible to use both though, since neither use any special formatting that's incompatible with each other.

MUDD_BR

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Need little help... I´ve installed some emulators and Retroarch again on my system (ux0)... But I´ve made a folder for the ROMs on my uma0 card and only retro can navigate through it, none of the standalone emulators can so I can´t store the roms anywhere?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Need little help... I´ve installed some emulators and Retroarch again on my system (ux0)... But I´ve made a folder for the ROMs on my uma0 card and only retro can navigate through it, none of the standalone emulators can so I can´t store the roms anywhere?
Most standalone emulators haven't been updated in months, and as such haven't added support for uma0. Retroarch is basically your best choice if you want decent emulation and uma0 support. I imagine you could also use emulators on Adrenaline, if you have Adrenaline installed to uma0 or setup to use uma0 as the memory card location, but those have the obvious limitations of PSP hardware vs the Vita's full hardware.

Reactions: MUDD_BR

MUDD_BR

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Most standalone emulators haven't been updated in months, and as such haven't added support for uma0. Retroarch is basically your best choice if you want decent emulation and uma0 support. I imagine you could also use emulators on Adrenaline, if you have Adrenaline installed to uma0 or setup to use uma0 as the memory card location, but those have the obvious limitations of PSP hardware vs the Vita's full hardware.
Ah, so I must stand with Retroarch... ok, that´s the choice now, thanks!

Khlavkalash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If I had saves of vita games with an activated account, can I use those with vita without activation? And the same question but with saves of original psn downloaded psp games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs