• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 698,709
  • Replies 1,848
  • Likes 45
D

Deleted User

OP
but I feel like if i dont upgrade, HENKaku is gonna be way more worth it in the future and I'm gonna lose my chance once 3.60> comes out..
Don't worry; you can still manually update to 3.60, even after the next update(s) roll out!
Just grab the 3.60 firmware PUP file from a firmware repository, and use either QCMA or PS3.ProxyServer.GUI to install the PUP update file to your Vita.

Forgot to mention that there are many rumors of ARK working on 3.60, but doesn't seem to be confirmed, I think.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: Mr.ButtButt

Mr.ButtButt

The Cancer Of Gbatemp <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't worry; you can still manually update to 3.60, even after the next update(s) roll out!
Just grab the 3.60 firmware PUP file from a firmware repository, and use either QCMA or PS3.ProxyServer.GUI to install the PUP update file to your Vita.

Forgot to mention that there are many rumors of ARK working on 3.60.
so no need to worry for now? I don't have any reason to really use my vita until something usefull comes out. got the new screen installed and everything. Just back to the waiting game, I guess :D

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

OP
so no need to worry for now? I don't have any reason to really use my vita until something usefull comes out. got the new screen installed and everything. Just back to the waiting game, I guess :D
No, I don't think there is anything at all to worry about until the next update that patches everything! ^_^

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've got ISO's on my 3.55 vita. I'm on the fence about upgrading to 3.60 and not having access to the ISO's anymore, but I feel like if i dont upgrade, HENKaku is gonna be way more worth it in the future and I'm gonna lose my chance once 3.60> comes out..
Advice?
You can just download the 3.60 update now so you can manually update to 3.60 once a newer firmware update is out from what i read a while back. :ninja:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Forgot to mention that there are many rumors of ARK working on 3.60, but doesn't seem to be confirmed, I think.
About that, will opencma work as well?

so no need to worry for now? I don't have any reason to really use my vita until something usefull comes out.
You don't use it to play ps vita games?

Mr.ButtButt

The Cancer Of Gbatemp <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can just download the 3.60 update now so you can manually update to 3.60 once a newer firmware update is out from what i read a while back. :ninja:

You don't use it to play ps vita games?
I would, but i mostly play my vita games for achievements.. which i cant earn on the 3.55 firmware ;D

Gadorach

Electronics Engineering Technologist
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You should add another part to the app.db editing process for those that have a PSTV/VitaTV

To get rid of that cruddy Featured Apps tab, just remove all references to the following App ID in the following databases:

APPID: NPXS10102

Databases:

tbl_appinfo
tbl_livearea
tbl_livearea_file (find under dir)
tbl_livearea_frame

Some tables won't let you delete their contents due to SQLite triggers. Ignore them and continue deleting anything you can.

Reboot the PSTV.

Upon reboot, the PSTV will error. Press "OK" and the Featured Apps tab is now gone.
If you rebuild the database, it will come back, but otherwise it's gone for good.

Credits to SMOKE587 for originally discovering the technique.

If someone made an app for this, that would be cool.

Last edited by Gadorach,
D

Deleted User

OP
I'm not sure. I haven't used openCMA for a while because QCMA has less limitations, and I don't think there's a place to actually put the update file.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Reactions: cvskid

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hi, is there a newer way to install TN-X now? I tried for weeks about a year ago with Sports Superbikes and just failed miserably (mostly not always being able to connect my Vita to qCMA on my computer without it asking to update etc) even though I tried every suggestion that was Googleable. There was no mention of this email exploit back then and nobody on this forum could help me. I gave up, but had the thought just now to check again in case there was any progress.

This guide only mentions TN-V. Can anyone point me to a good guide for TN-X? Unless TN-V is good for PS1 games too? (I was trying to install TN-X before because I read it was good for PS1 games, and that's all I want).

My Vita is on 3.18 and I have a PS3.

Thanks

Jonesy123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi There,

Bought a PSTV at yesterday with 3.60 firmware. I've turned it on and checked it has 3.60, however I didn't do anything else like sign in to PSN. I want to transfer a psp game from my PS3, but I can't connect to it without updating to 3.61, or go to the store without updating.

Is there a way to transfer my psp game from the PS3 to PS TV without getting 3.61?

Thanks in advance.

Gadorach

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi There,

Bought a PSTV at yesterday with 3.60 firmware. I've turned it on and checked it has 3.60, however I didn't do anything else like sign in to PSN. I want to transfer a psp game from my PS3, but I can't connect to it without updating to 3.61, or go to the store without updating.

Is there a way to transfer my psp game from the PS3 to PS TV without getting 3.61?

Thanks in advance.
Use Vita Update Blocker

Gadorach

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I looked online and hackinformer said that Vita update blocker only really works on games up to 400mb. Unfortunately I'm trying to do a game 1.1gb (God of War Ghost of Sparta)

Is there another way?
Use qCMA, let it connect to the Vita, then plug your Vita into your PS3 via USB, as if you were transferring any other game, or activating your Vita on a lower firmware. Either way it will work.
Remember to leave the content manager open on your Vita when you unplug the USB cable from your PC, as it needs to have the patched update list provided by qCMA still in memory to work on the PS3.

Last edited by Gadorach,

Jonesy123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Use qCMA, let it connect to the Vita, then plug your Vita into your PS3 via USB, as if you were transferring any other game, or activating your Vita on a lower firmware. Either way it will work.
Remember to leave the content manager open on your Vita when you unplug the USB cable from your PC, as it needs to have the patched update list provided by qCMA still in memory to work on the PS3.

thanks, but I've got a PSTV, and there is no way to manually link it to the PS3 that I can see. Can I use the qCMA with a PSTV?

Gadorach

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thanks, but I've got a PSTV, and there is no way to manually link it to the PS3 that I can see. Can I use the qCMA with a PSTV?
I'm not entirely sure, but I can't imagine not. Try WiFi mode. I'm pretty sure it can handle it that way.

D

Deleted User

OP
Is there anyway to install PSM dev for unity with this, I'm learning unity and I want to try running something on an actual console.

Test Track

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably a silly question, but I haven't been able to get a clear answer to this...

The only way to get whitelisted Vita games onto your PSTV is by transferring via a PS3, right? Would queuing the download on the PSN webstore for your PSTV work (presuming the Update Blocker still works for 3.60 and the webstore lets you set it for a PSTV)?

My PS3 is dead and pretty much all of the folks around me don't have one anymore, so I'm guessing I'm probably outta luck here otherwise.

I'm also reading that the Update Blocker is no longer working now for 3.60, but haven't gotten a clear confirmation on that either.

Yeah, looks like I missed out on my chance to do anything whitelist-related with my PSTV since the Vita Update Blocker is no longer working for PSN downloads on the actual device. I'd need a PS3 to activate it now, as well.

Last edited by Test Track,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask...