• Replies 1,848
  • Likes 45

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Quick (probably dumb) question here: I have a 3.60 Vita that I haven't touched in forever. I know that PSN spoofing is no longer possible, but I'm curious: if I were to install a backup game, and get a platinum trophy using said backup, and then update to 3.63, would I be able to sync that trophy once I get online? There's really only one or two games that I still care about playing on this thing.

Thanatos Telos

random stuff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick Question:

If I have an 8GB card and 2 VPKs that add up to around 6GB total, would it be possible to install both at once, or would I be unable to have both VPKs installed?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Quick (probably dumb) question here: I have a 3.60 Vita that I haven't touched in forever. I know that PSN spoofing is no longer possible, but I'm curious: if I were to install a backup game, and get a platinum trophy using said backup, and then update to 3.63, would I be able to sync that trophy once I get online? There's really only one or two games that I still care about playing on this thing.
You probably shouldn't sync trophies for pirated games, it'll more than likely get your account flagged and banned in the future.

Quick Question:

If I have an 8GB card and 2 VPKs that add up to around 6GB total, would it be possible to install both at once, or would I be unable to have both VPKs installed?
You can install both by extracting the game's main files, installing the small VPK and then adding the main game files manually to avoid the double space requirement. There are two methods that are basically the same, but one is easier as it's a single program and the other is doing it manually yourself and can be a bit tedious.

The easy way is using VPK Shrink. Just drag the VPK into the EXE, it'll extract it and create a small VPk and a folder with the game's TITLEID. Then just install the .vpk, delete it, and transfer the folder with the TITLEID to ux0:/app and you're done.

For the manual way, open both VPKs and extract the contents of each game to a separate folder. Then, in that folder you will find an eboot.bin file and a sce_sys folder. Use Winrar to make it a .zip file, rename it to whatever.vpk, then transfer it over and install it as normal. Once that's done, you can then transfer all the other files and folders to the game's directory in ux0:/app/TITLEID (DO NOT include the eboot and the sce_sys folder, just the other files/folders). To find the TITLEID, just look for the newest created folder in that directory.

Then it will work without the hassle of double install space

Reactions: GuyInDogSuit

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You probably shouldn't sync trophies for pirated games, it'll more than likely get your account flagged and banned in the future.
But how detectable would it even be if I synced it after uninstalling it? I kinda doubt that it'd send any information that'd make it detectable at that point.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
But how detectable would it even be if I synced it after uninstalling it? I kinda doubt that it'd send any information that'd make it detectable at that point.
We don't really know. The PS3 was able to detect various information when people tried syncing trophies for pirated games they've also uninstalled, so it's likely the Vita uses the same method. Nobody has been banned yet, even when PSN spoofing was active, however you should always err on the side of caution when dealing with pirated games and Sony consoles. Sony bans in massive waves, it's entirely possible that anyone using Henkaku who connects to PSN at any point will be flagged and banned at some future point.

If you care at all for your PSN account, you should never sync anything related to pirated games.

D

Deleted User

OP
Is it possible to dump games using a 4 GB memory card or do I need a larger memory card? Tried dumping SFxT and Persona 4 but both have failed.
Have you tried dumping them with the highest compression level possible?

If so, then yeah, you'll have to use a larger memory card unfortunately.

alienfromouterspace

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm using the Maidumptool and it's quite confusing. First I chose the option to extract and decrypt. Then it started with a note saying the Party cannot be opened. Then I chose to proceed, it opened the SFxT manual. The Vita then turned off, so I opened it. I opened the mai tool and it proceeded to open alternately with SFxT like switching tabs, showing logs of what it's doing. Then it says extraction was completed, so I open mai again and chose to install the game, and no matter how many times I clicked it, it showed me an error saying the game could not be installed. Checked the folder size on molecularshell and the file size was barely 300 mb which probably means the dump failed.

I tried Persona 4 Golden next, it opened up the manual, then a second or two later, Vita crashes(error with asterisks for loading).

D

Deleted User

OP
I'm using the Maidumptool and it's quite confusing. First I chose the option to extract and decrypt. Then it started with a note saying the Party cannot be opened. Then I chose to proceed, it opened the SFxT manual. The Vita then turned off, so I opened it. I opened the mai tool and it proceeded to open alternately with SFxT like switching tabs, showing logs of what it's doing. Then it says extraction was completed, so I open mai again and chose to install the game, and no matter how many times I clicked it, it showed me an error saying the game could not be installed. Checked the folder size on molecularshell and the file size was barely 300 mb which probably means the dump failed.

I tried Persona 4 Golden next, it opened up the manual, then a second or two later, Vita crashes(error with asterisks for loading).
Sorry I'm late in replying!

I looked up the size of Persona 4 Golden on Google, and yeah, there's pretty much no chance you're going to be able to dump that game with just a 4GB card. The only option would be to download someone else's P4G dump from that ISO site and use VitaOrganizer to install the VPK directly from your PC without the need for the double space on the memcard.
SFxT, on the other hand, looks like it could be dumped on a 4GB card (it's only 1.86GB in size), but you'll have to delete Persona 4 Golden from your Vita first so you have the sufficient space to actually dump the game properly. (Alternatively, transfer P4G to your PC using QCMA, then transfer it back to the Vita when you finished dumping and reinstalling SFxT.)

If only 300MB worth of SFxT got dumped, then it's obvious it was a space issue to do with Persona 4 Golden. I wouldn't really recommend installing any of the larger-size games until you get that 8GB or larger card, as it really limits what you can keep on your memory card.

Reactions: alienfromouterspace

alienfromouterspace

Trophies
XP
Country
No worries! Well when I tried to dump SFxT there was also another 1 GB file in the memory card so that might have been an issue. I just want to make sure that the memory card is causing all my problems because I'm planning to replace it with a 64 gb one.

GuyInDogSuit

Your friendly neighborhood guy in a dog suit.
Trophies
Website
www.sniffglueworshipsatan.com
XP
Country
United States
No worries! Well when I tried to dump SFxT there was also another 1 GB file in the memory card so that might have been an issue. I just want to make sure that the memory card is causing all my problems because I'm planning to replace it with a 64 gb one.

Oooh, pricey. Cha-CHING.

GuyInDogSuit

Your friendly neighborhood guy in a dog suit.
Trophies
Website
www.sniffglueworshipsatan.com
XP
Country
United States
This is why I'm trying to make sure that only my current memory card is faulty, not my Vita, because it ain't cheap.

Well, a 64 GB card is still a good investment, if an expensive one. I really wish I could afford a larger one than this 8 GB card. Hope it's not your Vita, though, because that would suck.

Subishi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Can I hope Henkaku will be avaible in 3.63+ Sofware?
I don't want to sell my Vita, it was with me many, many years and I broke "START" button it sometimes do screenshots when I only press "PS" and sometimes I must hard press "START" button and then "PS" button to exit from game... Who buy it from me?! :cry:

D

Deleted User

OP
You're not going to see an exploit on 3.61 or higher for a long space of time, if not, ever. After the birth of HENkaku, I really doubt any of the devs would have the urge to focus more on the higher firmwares, and instead just stick to one, feature-rich exploit that can be expanded further still.

Anyway, to everyone else, I've given the guide an update and a quick maintainence again. To those who are looking to buy a Vita and get into the Vita scene for the first time, I just composed a section dedicated to giving you a quickstart guide on what to look out for.

I'm also revising the guide's FAQ as well, since it contains some pretty ancient Q&As in it... stay tuned for that.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I'm also revising the guide's FAQ as well, since it contains some pretty ancient Q&As in it... stay tuned for that.
In regards to this, for your older firmware activation guide, you should also mention that the same process can also give people without an activated Vita a PSP demo to use with Adrenline.

D

Deleted User

OP
In regards to this, for your older firmware activation guide, you should also mention that the same process can also give people without an activated Vita a PSP demo to use with Adrenline.
Thanks, I've just added that in now. For future reference, if you ever want to add or tweak anything to the guide at anytime, you're more than welcome to, you know.

EDIT: Wait, did you want me to add it into the FAQ instead of the main guide? Because I added it into the main guide instead lol.

Last edited by ,

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, I've just added that in now. For future reference, if you ever want to add or tweak anything to the guide at anytime, you're more than welcome to, you know.

EDIT: Wait, did you want me to add it into the FAQ instead of the main guide? Because I added it into the main guide instead lol.
I know, I'm just lazy :P And it can just be mentioned in the main guide, that's fine.

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1