• Replies 1,848
  • Likes 45

BreakHisLegs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My apologies if this question has been asked before, but is there any way to still be able to access the Vita PSN Store while remaining on 3.60 to use Henkaku? All I want to use my Vita hacks for are emulation (mostly GBA) and maybe custom themes, but if having those means I can never buy games/DLC from the PSN store again, then I'm torn on whether to stay on 3.60 with Henkaku or just give in and update. But if I can access the PSN store while staying on 3.60, then my decision becomes much easier.

So is there a way?

myrna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Bumping the question above me. ^
I got a cheap pstv today and had 3.60 on it.
But i really want to play vita games on it and also want henkaku voor future iso support.

BreakHisLegs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The latest HENkaku can already spoof your Vita to access PSN, and the PS Store.
Yeah, I figured it out last night that I wasn't using the latest version. So I restarted my system, set up the newest Henkaku and Vitashell, and made it into the PSN store just in time to buy Tales of Hearts R from the Flash Sale. Thanks for the quick answer though, I appreciate the help. We all do.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

OP
Okay, so I just updated the first-half of the guide with a new Key Facts You Should Know section, that should help to consense down the amount of confusion there still is sometimes about what is available, what is not, what you should look out for, what you should be wary about, etc. etc. and also helps to keep the forum free of clutter.
It's still a work-in-progress; feedback, suggestions, extra info is always appreciated and I am always lurking and updating where neccessary. :)

Furthermore, I also added in a small Table of Contents just above the page that easily links to the appropriate section.

Again, feedback is welcome as I continue to keep my formatting of the guide very neat and tidy!

Last edited by ,

ArugulaZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RinCheat hates me. How do you get this thing to work? I've followed the instructions provided in the README file, and all I get from pressing START and SELECT together is profound sadness. I've attempted it in Dead or Alive 5+, Downwell, and La Mulana EX, as well as a couple of PSP titles, and nothing happens. I've opened the Vita Plugins Manager, and the program claims that it's enabled. Then why isn't it working?

D

Deleted User

OP
RinCheat hates me. How do you get this thing to work? I've followed the instructions provided in the README file, and all I get from pressing START and SELECT together is profound sadness. I've attempted it in Dead or Alive 5+, Downwell, and La Mulana EX, as well as a couple of PSP titles, and nothing happens. I've opened the Vita Plugins Manager, and the program claims that it's enabled. Then why isn't it working?
Do you have a game.txt file in your ux0:plugins folder? Make sure you have the path to rinCheat in the first line, followed by "1" (no quotes) after the path. (1 = enabled; 0 = disabled)

Also check that your games are actually dumped with Vitamin or MaiDumpTool. rinCheat does not support PSP titles because you cannot dump them through any of the game dumpers to give them the steroid patch.

ArugulaZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was the second problem... I was trying to run official games, not dumps. I didn't know RinCheat couldn't handle official games! Such a shame!

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
what is the latest fw version for new vita? does it still come with fw 3.60 or below?
currently thinking of purchasing a new one and this jap saga scarlet grace model (not released yet) got my interest. what is the chance of it coming with fw 3.60 or below?

5hiTfxT.jpg

Last edited by Garou,

ldeveraux

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How many times can you people ask how to get a "hackable" firmware before you accept that you're not getting an answer? Is 585356644 the limit? Because we're getting pretty close...

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

OP
Indeed. A reminder to people to actually read the guide, as I updated it with some answers to those frequently asked questions (i.e. 'Will this Vita come with 3.60 or lower?') not too long ago.
If need be, I'll quickly edit the "all NEW Vitas, out of the box, will be on or below 3.60" line to appear in big, bold letters. It's obviously the hottest topic recently, so it makes sense to do that, I guess.

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
So i might be buying a vita on 3.01 tomorrow. And i've been reading a bit about it today. So i just manually update to 3.60, install henkaku, and i'm good to go? Is there a guide about how to install games?

Roboman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question:
Can I activate a vita by connecting it to a ps4 ?
I saw Playstation 3 and Playstation 3 store mentioned but I don't have a ps3. I have a ps4.
Maybe update the op with this info for other people

D

Deleted User

OP
Quick question:
Can I activate a vita by connecting it to a ps4 ?
I saw Playstation 3 and Playstation 3 store mentioned but I don't have a ps3. I have a ps4.
Maybe update the op with this info for other people
Sorry; you can't use a PS4 to activate your Vita; PS3 only.
Like you say, would be a nice idea to add it to the guide. Thanks :yaypsp:

Mensy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i havnt read all they guide so sorry if its been asked and answered, ive managed to do what i want to do with my vita and im on 3:60 is there away to stop my vita from updating from 3:60 so i dont need to worry about it automatically updating ? thanx

D

Deleted User

OP
Reactions: RealityNinja

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I guess it was probably asked already but is it possible to use a usb hdd/Stick on a pstv to Store Games and such so that you don't need to buy this insanely expensive memory cards ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte