• Replies 1,848
  • Likes 45

Kikario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 3.55 and did the mimana exploit. But from my understanding you need 3.51 at the highest to use the mail exploit.
Ugh everything I read, and even the OP here says as long as its not 3.55 or higher but I guess ill need the mimawhatever exploit? Or does that only work for 3.55?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Well nvm I cant even use the mimana hack because Id have to update my vita to get into the shop to buy the game lol Am I doomed?

EDIT: Ok every source says the mail trick only got fixed at 3.55 so I should be able to do this! But I still get the file attachment showing as a ?

I tried resetting my email app using Mr. Gas writer.eml and that actually did work! but even after using that the files from the mail trick show up as ?

I have the email set up right and everything, I couldnt even begin to wonder what im doing wrong!

Last edited by Kikario,

zekepliskin

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh brilliant! Do you happen to know which file needs editing? Not being lazy - I can look myself, just thinking it might be like trying to find a needle in a haystack.

No idea but it's not difficult to find, there's only about six files in the TNX folder plus the folder for the saves (SCES00255 for Tekken 2 in my case, if I'm remembering it right). If you're using the EU version of Tekken 2 for the exploit you can probably just refer to the links on my tutorial video (see signature).

I have a 3.55 and did the mimana exploit. But from my understanding you need 3.51 at the highest to use the mail exploit.

Yep, failmail exploit is basically patched from 3.52 and onwards, as is my understanding. Meaning if you want full speed Rejuvenate there's literally two firmwares you can use - 3.50 and 3.51.

Well nvm I cant even use the mimana hack because Id have to update my vita to get into the shop to buy the game lol Am I doomed?

You're not doomed, but for the majority of the Vita hacks (Rejuvenate excluded, believe it or not) you need an exploit game, which has to be purchased and transferred across from a PS3 linked to the same PSN account as the Vita. Because if you're not on the most recent firmware, forget about using Remote Play, PS Now, PS Store...

D

Deleted User

OP
Fail mail is not patched in 3.52.

If you get the "file not compatable" error, that means you've not set up the email database for the hack. go to here to properly set it all up. you are all right and wrong in some ways, but I'll not get into the details.

Last edited by ,

lonelyhero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fail mail is not patched in 3.52.

If you get the "file not compatable" error, that means you've not set up the email database for the hack. go to here to properly set it all up. you are all right and wrong in some ways, but I'll not get into the details.
ive followed this guide many times and nothing I do resets my mail app I've given up at this point

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
No idea but it's not difficult to find, there's only about six files in the TNX folder plus the folder for the saves (SCES00255 for Tekken 2 in my case, if I'm remembering it right). If you're using the EU version of Tekken 2 for the exploit you can probably just refer to the links on my tutorial video (see signature).
Done it! Excellent stuff. It's the H.BIN file that needs to be hex-edited, right at the bottom of the small file. So, I now have the TN-V bubble working!

Is there a similar bubble mail hack for ARK2 working on 3.18? I have Go Sudoku! booting TN-V and Gladiator Begins booting ARK2 as a backup just in case my TN-V breaks.

sdssls

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hi, I'm a noob to PSVita. Can the TN-V11 cfw plays UMD VIDEO iso ? I have plenty of them and mine PSP is spolit now?
Thanks in advance for an advice.

Tieracloud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Part 3 is what I am after. What is the best free demo to use that loads the save file the quickest? Been watching youtube on how to setup and I actually like the mimana exploit as it seems to autoboot into the exploit for tn-v. While others l seen with mail exploit using any game some have alot of button presses and long wait for title screen. So my options are to update from 3.52 to 3.55 just to use mimana for speed of exploit launch. Or is there something similar that I can get cheap or free demo on 3.52 to use?

D

Deleted User

OP
Part 3 is what I am after. What is the best free demo to use that loads the save file the quickest? Been watching youtube on how to setup and I actually like the mimana exploit as it seems to autoboot into the exploit for tn-v. While others l seen with mail exploit using any game some have alot of button presses and long wait for title screen. So my options are to update from 3.52 to 3.55 just to use mimana for speed of exploit launch. Or is there something similar that I can get cheap or free demo on 3.52 to use?
If you are on 3.52, you won't need an exploit game!! You can use any PSP game/demo and use the email exploit to install TN-V over the chosen PSP game.

Tieracloud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are on 3.52, you won't need an exploit game!! You can use any PSP game/demo and use the email exploit to install TN-V over the chosen PSP game.

Does the game/demo I choose matter when it comes to file size?

Demo Crystal Defenders - 10.6mb
Demo Wipeout Pulse - 14.9mb

Just want flexibility so if file size restricts what can run under ark or tn-v I will just get the biggest demo available.

And will full psp games or minis work better than demos?

D

Deleted User

OP
Does the game/demo I choose matter when it comes to file size?

Demo Crystal Defenders - 10.6mb
Demo Wipeout Pulse - 14.9mb

Just want flexibility so if file size restricts what can run under ark or tn-v I will just get the biggest demo available.

And will full psp games or minis work better than demos?
There is no limit regarding file size; ANY PSP game or demo will do. :)

For you, I'd suggest using Crystal Defenders demo since that's the smallest out of the two.

Tieracloud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no limit regarding file size; ANY PSP game or demo will do. :)

For you, I'd suggest using Crystal Defenders demo since that's the smallest out of the two.

Thanks. Well both those demos I mentioned don't transfer from ps3 to vita. In fact I downloaded about 40 demos to my ps3 and guess what only 2 were showing as being allowed to transfer. One being midnight carnival at 187mb. There was a smaller one at around 50mb. So now I get 2 to use for tn-v and ark.

KarasLegion

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, definitely appreciate these tutorials you have set up Voxel.

However, I am having an issue, one I've been having since before I found these tutorials, but I'm hoping someone can help me see what I'm doing wrong.
http://hackinformer.com/PlayStationGuide/PSV/tutorials/how_to_fix_questionmark_bug_for_mailhax.html

I found this link when I first starting messing around with my Vita and Vita TV. I was initially just gonna screw around with my Vita TV, and then I wanted to see about getting my current memory card, as is, to work on the Vita TV, since it's only been used on my Vita so far. However, my problem comes up in the above step, which I believe was also posted in this thread already. No many how many times I try to do it, it doesn't seem to be working.

I send the file, I open it up on my Vita, it gives me the error, and I close out of the app without touching the error at all. Then when I load up my email, at this point I should have to redo my email setup, but everything is still set-up, and I still get ? files when I try any further steps, and I'm really just not sure what to try from here. I even tried doing the initial steps using the Vita Email Hacker, as outline in these tutorials, but I just get ? files.

Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong? Do I need to change the subject line to something specific?

My Vita is on version 3.50, and my PSTV is on version 3.30 (irrc), but for now I'm just trying to get this to work on my Vita. Not sure how far I'm trying to go for hacking my Vita, but maybe I should just skip that and only mess with my PSTV (I have 2 of those which is what led me to mess around in the first place).

D

Deleted User

OP
Hi guys, definitely appreciate these tutorials you have set up Voxel.

However, I am having an issue, one I've been having since before I found these tutorials, but I'm hoping someone can help me see what I'm doing wrong.
http://hackinformer.com/PlayStationGuide/PSV/tutorials/how_to_fix_questionmark_bug_for_mailhax.html

I found this link when I first starting messing around with my Vita and Vita TV. I was initially just gonna screw around with my Vita TV, and then I wanted to see about getting my current memory card, as is, to work on the Vita TV, since it's only been used on my Vita so far. However, my problem comes up in the above step, which I believe was also posted in this thread already. No many how many times I try to do it, it doesn't seem to be working.

I send the file, I open it up on my Vita, it gives me the error, and I close out of the app without touching the error at all. Then when I load up my email, at this point I should have to redo my email setup, but everything is still set-up, and I still get ? files when I try any further steps, and I'm really just not sure what to try from here. I even tried doing the initial steps using the Vita Email Hacker, as outline in these tutorials, but I just get ? files.

Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong? Do I need to change the subject line to something specific?

My Vita is on version 3.50, and my PSTV is on version 3.30 (irrc), but for now I'm just trying to get this to work on my Vita. Not sure how far I'm trying to go for hacking my Vita, but maybe I should just skip that and only mess with my PSTV (I have 2 of those which is what led me to mess around in the first place).
Did you make sure to forward writer.eml to your account? I had someone on here who had the exact same problem.

Here is the one I use. Simply forward it to your account without making any adjustments to the template, and then do the same process as you did before. click on it, don't touch the error message and close the email app. :)

Attachments

• forward-the-zipped-email-to-your-email-account.zip
    7.6 KB · Views: 228
Reactions: KarasLegion

KarasLegion

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you make sure to forward writer.eml to your account? I had someone on here who had the exact same problem.

Here is the one I use. Simply forward it to your account without making any adjustments to the template, and then do the same process as you did before. click on it, don't touch the error message and close the email app. :)

Yes, I even just tried the one you link. I open it up in Outlook, I hit forward, type in my email address and send. I do nothing else. Open up in the Vita Email app, click the file, get the error message, hit the PS button, and close the app, open it back up, but nothing changes.

D

Deleted User

OP
Yes, I even just tried the one you link. I open it up in Outlook, I hit forward, type in my email address and send. I do nothing else. Open up in the Vita Email app, click the file, get the error message, hit the PS button, and close the app, open it back up, but nothing changes.
Try installing Thunderbird and forward the .eml through that. Outlook sucks for sending those .eml files nowadays.

Reactions: KarasLegion

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: