Tutorial  Updated

Pairing the joy-con on emunand and sysnand

Hello guys! I had the same issue of this thread:
Practically, my joy-con and pro controller weren't synched anymore between EMUnand and SYSnand because I connected them to another console... so when I was switching from SYSnand to EMUnand (and vice versa) I had to redo the controllers pairing

In that thread, that's a way to re-sync the joy-con but you have to transfer a file from EMUnand to SYSnand and for me it's not very safe... So I found a way to transfer that file from SYSnand to EMUnand and keep the SYSnand clean!

So here is the tutorial:

WARNING:

SOMETIMES THIS TUTORIAL CAN LEAD TO THE "RED FIRST SETUP SCREEN" BUT DON'T PANIC! YOUR GAMES AND SAVES ARE SAFE, JUST COMPLETE THE SETUP AND EVERYTHING SHOULD BE AS BEFORE

WE FIGURED OUT THAT SOMETIMES THE SCRIPTS DOESN'T WORK PROPERLY WITH THE NEW HORIZONTAL MODE IF YOU HAVE YOUR JOYCONS ATTACHED SO IS PREFERABLE TO REMOVE JOYCONS BEFORE USING THE SCRIPTS.
I THINK THAT'S A TEGRA EXPLORER BUG AND NOT OUR'S.

I DON'T ASSUME ANY RESPONSIBILITY IF SOMETHING GOES WRONG SO PLEASE FOLLOW THESE STEPS ONLY IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING

Preparation:
Download the latest version of Tegra Explorer from here: https://github.com/suchmememanyskill/TegraExplorer/releases
Download the right script according to your emunand type from the attached files (and make sure you choose it right)

ATMOSPHERE:

MAKE SURE YOU ARE IN AIRPLANE MODE ON EITHER SYSNAND AND EMUNAND, THIS PROCESS CAN "BREAK" YOUR DNS BECAUSE AS I KNOW, THE 8000000000000050 FILE CONTAINS ALSO WIFI AND OTHER SETTINGS AND THIS CAN LEAD TO BAN.
IF YOU'RE USING INCOGNITO MODE, YOU DON'T NEED TO BE IN AIRPLANE MODE. (BUT IS RACCOMANDED TO DO THAT)

1. Launch TegraExplorer.bin trough whatever you want (RCM loader, TegraRCM ecc…)

2. Go to [SD:/] SD CARD -> tegraeplorer -> syncfix -> Syncfix.te -> Launch Script
and follow the script instructions!

3. DONE!

If you pair your joy-cons/controllers to another console or you format your NAND (SYS or EMU), you have to launch again Syncfix.te to fix the sync issue!

SX OS EMUNAND AS HIDDEN PARTITION:
IF YOU'RE USING SXOS STEALTH MODE OR INCOGNITO MODE, YOU DON'T NEED TO BE IN AIRPLANE MODE.
ON THE CONTRARY, IF YOU ARE NOT USING THOSE, YOU HAVE TO BE IN AIRPLANE ON EITHER SYSNAND AND EMUNAND BEFORE PROCEDING.

DON'T USE TEGRAEXPLORER V2 OR LATER, INSTEAD USE THIS VERSION: https://github.com/suchmememanyskill/TegraExplorer/releases/tag/2.0.5

1. Launch TegraExplorer.bin trough whatever you want (RCM loader, TegraRCM ecc…)

2. Go to
[SD:/] SD CARD -> tegraeplorer -> syncfix -> Preparation.te -> Launch Script

3. REBOOT TO TEGRA EXPLORER

4. Go to
[SD:/] SD CARD -> tegraeplorer -> syncfix -> Syncfix.te -> Launch Script -> Launch Script

5. DONE!

You have to launch Preparation.te only the first time you follow this tutorial.
(Obviously, if you delete the emuMMC folder, you have to launch Preparation.te again but… dunno why you should delete it)

This script will create the following path on your micro sd:
sd:/emuMMC/emummc.ini
sd:/emuMMC/ER00/raw_based

This script is necessary to let Tegra Explorer read/write on your emunand and won’t affect it nowise.
If you pair your joy-cons/controllers to another console or you format your NAND (SYS or EMU), you have to launch again ONLY Syncfix.te to fix the sync issue!

SX OS EMUNAND AS FILE
IF YOU'RE USING SXOS STEALTH MODE OR INCOGNITO MODE, YOU DON'T NEED TO BE IN AIRPLANE MODE.
ON THE CONTRARY, IF YOU ARE NOT USING THOSE, YOU HAVE TO BE IN AIRPLANE ON EITHER SYSNAND AND EMUNAND BEFORE PROCEDING.
THIS SCRIPT IS TESTED ONLY ON FAT32 FILE SYSTEM, SO I DON’T KNOW IF IT WORKS ALSO ON EXFAT, LET ME KNOW IF THE EMUNAND CONFIGURATION IS DIFFERENT FOR EXFAT

DON'T USE TEGRAEXPLORER V2 OR LATER, INSTEAD USE THIS VERSION: https://github.com/suchmememanyskill/TegraExplorer/releases/tag/2.0.5

2. Go to
[SD:/] SD CARD -> tegraeplorer -> syncfix -> Preparation.te -> Launch Script

3. REBOOT TO TEGRA EXPLORER

4. Go to
[SD:/] SD CARD -> tegraeplorer -> syncfix -> Syncfix.te -> Launch Script

5. DONE!

You have to launch Preparation.te every time you follow this tutorial.

This script will create the following paths on your micro sd:

sd:/emuMMC/emummc.ini
sd:/emuMMC/EF00/file_based
sd:/emuMMC/EF00/eMMC

Then, the script will move and rename all your Sxos emunand files from sd:/sxos/emunand/ to sd:/emuMMC/EF00/eMMC like this:

sd:/sxos/emunand/full.00.bin -> sd:/emuMMC/EF00/eMMC/00
sd:/sxos/emunand/full.07.bin -> sd:/emuMMC/EF00/eMMC/07
sd:/sxos/emunand/boot0.bin -> sd:/emuMMC/EF00/eMMC/boot0
sd:/sxos/emunand/boot1.bin -> sd:/emuMMC/EF00/eMMC/boot1

As I said, if you’re using exfat as your file system, please let me know if you have seven “full.XX.bin” files or less (or even more)!

This script is necessary to let Tegra Explorer read/write on your emunand.
As you can imagine, after launching Preparation.te, you aren’t able to boot to Sxos emunand, SO DON’T DO IT, just REBOOT TO TEGRA EXPLORER and launch Syncfix.te.
In Syncfix.te there’s a part that will revert the process so you can boot to Sxos Emunand again!

If you pair your joy-cons/controllers to another console or you format your NAND (SYS or EMU), you have to launch again FIRST Preparation.te, REBOOT TO TEGRA EXPLORER and THEN Syncfix.te to fix the sync issue!

Unfortunately, the Sxos version is still not running on tegragraexplorer v2 or later... so please, if you want to run the script safely on sxos, use this version of tegraexplorer until i'll update it to a newer version: https://github.com/suchmememanyskill/TegraExplorer/releases/tag/2.0.5

Attachments

• SyncfixSxosEmuAsPartition.zip
    5.4 KB · Views: 501
  • SyncfixSxosEmuAsFIle.zip
    5.6 KB · Views: 434
  • syncfix_v3 - Atmosphere.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 253
Last edited by MezBar,

kickmeh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
how if i have dual boot sxos+atmosphere with hidden partition of emummc/emunand, what step i need to follow?

rubensk8er

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you it worked like a charm, you should specify that you have to copy the file to the root of the SD card BEFORE injecting the last tegra explorer. i have this problem due to format the emmunand cause a problem with launching some games, now i dont need to sincronize the joycons every time.

PS: after you launch the script you can ejecute rcm atmosphere it will bring somethings like blutooth sleep mode, and theme from the sysnand, you can edit after that and it will remain as it was before the launch of the script. i have also installed incognito in the emmunand before this just in case ;)

DrNeroCF

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting
Error 6 found!
Near: setColor("BLUE")

Something get broken with the latest system update?

Buckton

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Odd. I followed the steps for Atmosphere users and ended up getting this error:
WhatsApp Image 2021-01-15 at 17.38.43 (1).jpeg
Does anyone know how go get through this?

1ronik4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm having a problem and I would like to know if these scripts would solve it:
I've recently installed did the Android switchroot thing, and paired my wireless joycons via Bluetooth on that system. Now the joycons only work wireless on the OFW. I can't get them to sync on the SX OS at all. Upon entering on android again they now aren't working there either. Again, only on OFW.
Some help please? I'm not finding anywhere on the Web people with this problem and it's weird, because a lot of people use android on their switch also.

Neville_Shorttop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a problem and I would like to know if these scripts would solve it:
I've recently installed did the Android switchroot thing, and paired my wireless joycons via Bluetooth on that system. Now the joycons only work wireless on the OFW. I can't get them to sync on the SX OS at all. Upon entering on android again they now aren't working there either. Again, only on OFW.
Some help please? I'm not finding anywhere on the Web people with this problem and it's weird, because a lot of people use android on their switch also.
How are you syncing them on SX OS?

My experience has been that you need to use the sync button on the "Change Grip and Order" screen. Simply attaching them will not work.

Reactions: TotalJustice

laurenz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
After running the preparation script on my sxos v3.1.0, I am getting a "something went terribly wrong" error in the syncfix.te script. Can't boot into emunand anymore and lost all my saves. Had to create a new emunand.

DO NOT USE THIS SCRIPT, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

Neville_Shorttop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Tac 21

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I get "error found! no func

near: setcolorblue

using the atmosphere version

whoops... really had to cumb through this forum to see this "TegraScript v2."

also used the older "tegrabin" and it worked

thanks so much for building this it works perfectly on atmosphere

Last edited by Tac 21,

MezBar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sorry guys, i didn't had free time to read all things until now...
I added Neville_Shorttop's version of the script to the first post to make sure everyone can see it.
Also I added the warning for sxos users to use the previous version of the script until i'll update it.

Sorry for the inconvenience and as I said in the first post, i want to give a huge thanks to Neville_Shorttop for his work

Last edited by MezBar,
Reactions: flowlapache

Neville_Shorttop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry guys, i didn't had free time to read all things until now...
I added Neville_Shorttop's version of the script to the first post to make sure everyone can see it.
Also I added the warning for sxos users to use the previous version of the script until i'll update it.

Sorry for the inconvenience and as I said in the first post, i want to give a huge thanks to Neville_Shorttop for his work
You're welcome. Happy to contribute!

supa42

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
this is amazing, thank you! works a treat and i didn't even get the setup screen (atmos emu, latest tegra explorer).

pleased to learn it transfers all synced controllers over too. my 8bitdo sf30 pro takes ages to sync up when i'm switching between sys/emu; a problem of the past now. thanks again!

magicksun

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Argentina
Hello! I triyed when i got the only one pair
of joycons and work great! Now i have a control pro and thr joycons and i cant do the tutorial, some kind of error i have atmosphere this are the screenshots

Update : maybe can be becouse im on the v12. 0.0

Attachments

• IMG_20210406_175432.jpg
    IMG_20210406_175432.jpg
    853.8 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_20210406_175417.jpg
    IMG_20210406_175417.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 188
Last edited by magicksun,
Reactions: MezBar

RedHunter

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It didn't worked when I was on SX but now works fine on Atmosphere.

Maybe to be even more safe I should have deleted the wifi settings on my sysnand.
Because to delete it on emunand you have to remove airplane mode. I turned off my modem so I hope everything is good.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s