Tutorial [GUIDE] Pairing the joy-con on emunand and sysnand

kostas sfirakis

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Crazy question... I have 2 switches.

Can I put the SD card in from the 2nd switch and sync to that emunand. My plan is to have all my joycons and pads available for either switch.
I'm not sure about that. You could try in their emunands I guess? (always have fresh backups also fresh boot 0 & boot 1)

Kallim

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can someone help? When I try to launch Tegraexplorer through Hekate, it just goes into a black screen. Is there any way to fix that?
I'm not sure but why boot into Hekate??

You can either use boot to payload homebrew app. Or reboot to RCM and use the tegra bin file and boot straight into it.

To be fair it should still work through heckate. I'm assuming you have the bin file in your bootloader/payloads folder and your selecting payloads then tegra from Hekate?

The only things I can think of are 1) out of date or corrupt bin file or 2) corrupt file in your tegra explorer folder. Download everything and try again.

If it's not that I've no idea.

jpld

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I'm really confused with these directions. I plan on using atmophere so do I add the snycfix file to the sd card to access from tegrarcm or do I leave the file on the desktop and access it from there? Could you perhaps make a youtube video guide?

MezBar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi I'm really confused with these directions. I plan on using atmophere so do I add the snycfix file to the sd card to access from tegrarcm or do I leave the file on the desktop and access it from there? Could you perhaps make a youtube video guide?
You have to add the whole tegraexploer directory (just the directory, not the zip) you downloaded from the first post to your SD card and then launch the script from tegraexplorer on your switch

jpld

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to add the whole tegraexploer directory (just the directory, not the zip) you downloaded from the first post to your SD card and then launch the script from tegraexplorer on your
Okay thanks. Just to be sure, I do this step after I completely finish the emunand setup correct?

Kallim

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Are you new
Okay thanks. Just to be sure, I do this step after I completely finish the emunand setup correct?

You don't need to do this.

Basically your emunand is an exact copy of your system (think of it as a memory dump). All users wi-fi, games (which won't run because emunand uses a different folder) are identical. Your switch effectively dual boots.

You pretty much block Nintendo on your emunand so you can use your sysnand as normal.

From the moment you create emunand any changes you make will be independent and won't affect the other nand.

So if you pair new joycons or a pro controller it will only be paired on one and. This is where syncfix comes in. It copies the Bluetooth and WiFi information and settings from the system over to the emunand.

You won't need to do it because it's already copied when your emunand was created.... But it's handy to have in case the controller's ever fall out of sync or you get new ones.

I hope that makes sense.

Kallim

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Are you new

You don't need to do this.

Basically your emunand is an exact copy of your system (think of it as a memory dump). All users wi-fi, games (which won't run because emunand uses a different folder) are identical. Your switch effectively dual boots.

You pretty much block Nintendo on your emunand so you can use your sysnand as normal.

From the moment you create emunand any changes you make will be independent and won't affect the other nand.

So if you pair new joycons or a pro controller it will only be paired on one and. This is where syncfix comes in. It copies the Bluetooth and WiFi information and settings from the system over to the emunand.

You won't need to do it because it's already copied when your emunand was created.... But it's handy to have in case the controller's ever fall out of sync or you get new ones.

I hope that makes sense.

Kallim

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
One other thing tegra RCM and tegra explorer are different things. I'm wondering if your confusing them??

Tegra RCM is the program for your pc to boot into... Well anything really. But mainly for booting homebrew (usually fusee.bin). You need the *.bin file for whatever your booting into.

Tegra explorer is a handy tool for messing with your switch (like Hekate). You need the tegra explorer folders and the .bin file to boot into it.

You don't actually need tegra explorer depending on which guide you use.... But I would put it on (it's very handy). And if it was me I'd use the git hub guide to hack your switch.

jpld

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One other thing tegra RCM and tegra explorer are different things. I'm wondering if your confusing them??

Tegra RCM is the program for your pc to boot into... Well anything really. But mainly for booting homebrew (usually fusee.bin). You need the *.bin file for whatever your booting into.

Tegra explorer is a handy tool for messing with your switch (like Hekate). You need the tegra explorer folders and the .bin file to boot into it.

You don't actually need tegra explorer depending on which guide you use.... But I would put it on (it's very handy). And if it was me I'd use the git hub guide to hack your switch.

Which script version should I use if I follow this emummc guide? https://www.nevercholt.com/install-atmosphere-1-2-5-cfw-nintendo-switch-fw-13-2-0/

Kallim

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For Tegra Script v3

Ok so your using atmosphere like most people.

I think it's this one. It was updated for tegra explorer v3 but I think it's on version 4... But I'm pretty sure it still works.

That said.... If you've only just hacked/hombrewed your switch you shouldn't need to do this. When you create emmc it's an exact copy of your system (sysnand). So any joycons, wi-fi or Bluetooth devices will be the same in homebrew mode and in normal legit switch mode.

You only really need this if your joycons fall out of sync, you buy new ones or you get a pad etc.

jpld

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so your using atmosphere like most people.

I think it's this one. It was updated for tegra explorer v3 but I think it's on version 4... But I'm pretty sure it still works.

That said.... If you've only just hacked/hombrewed your switch you shouldn't need to do this. When you create emmc it's an exact copy of your system (sysnand). So any joycons, wi-fi or Bluetooth devices will be the same in homebrew mode and in normal legit switch mode.

You only really need this if your joycons fall out of sync, you buy new ones or you get a pad etc.
Oh shit youre right! This is my second time setting up emummc as I got a 1tb upgrade. I must've not had my pro controller paired when I did it the first time years ago. I always had to re pair the damn pro controller. Now that I made sure it was correctly paired before setting up emummc for the second time, it works!

Kallim

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Crazy question... I have 2 switches.

Can I put the SD card in from the 2nd switch and sync to that emunand. My plan is to have all my joycons and pads available for either switch.

I'm not sure about that. You could try in their emunands I guess? (always have fresh backups also fresh boot 0 & boot 1)

Just to let you know this didn't work (always a long shot).... sometimes it fails when it mounts the sysmmc and sometimes that works and then it says nofat????

I did this by swapping the SD card from switch 1 to switch 2. Booting into Tegra then running syncfix. IT still maybe possible to convert the nand to a file then copy to the file to the other sd card and then mount in hekate then sync??..... or it may be possible to use the keys from the other console??

I'm not trying this becuase mounting a nand from a different console probably isn't the best idea even with a backup?

I'm well above my paygrade but I think it has something do do with the keys and tegraexplorer itself rather than syncfix.

Ace-D

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
can you help me? i have a file based atmosphere emunand
i get this when i run the script in tegraexplorer:

error found! No var
Near: p=println

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Dark_Phoras @ Dark_Phoras:
    And replace some of the weight with muscle mass
    Gift
  • Gift
  • NoobletCheese @ NoobletCheese:
    "you may want to lose some weight" is like the most offensive thing you could say
    Gift
    Never mind, for your age what you want is appropriate
    Gift
    fatty like cake
    Gift
    fatty mcbutterpants
    Gift
    Different ages ask for different strategies
    Gift
  • KenniesNewName @ KenniesNewName:
    And get penis enlargement surgery while you're at it psi :teach:
    Gift
    Make it touch the ground
    Gift
    In some weight measure apps, they show how different ages require different weights and body compositions
    Gift
    We want the optimal composition for our body if we're losing weight
    Gift
    As long as you can walk right that's really all you should give a shit about
    Gift
    Little under 200 pounds for a 6ft person with 18 years old is bad, but for a 40+ yo person it's healthy
    +1
    Gift
    yeah as long as you dont need a hoist
    GOsTJjm.jpeg
    Gift
    Everyone should be fat once in their life so they can respect the struggle it takes to loose it
    +1
    Gift
    People think it's so easy to maintain but have no idea what caused the person to get that way
    Gift
    Maintain is easy, especially for who was never fat
    Gift
    i could stand to lose about 7kg but right now ive got my eye on a block of dark almond chocolate
    Gift
    Maintaining nothing is easy if a person isn't in the right mindset for it
    Gift
    The thing about losing weight is that it's a constant moderation. You can't do too little, but you can't do too much either
    Gift
    And the metabolic rate means that eating the same amount of something makes more impact on a fat person than a regular weight person
    Gift
    Go buy me McDonald's
    Gift
    No, let's go to Ihop
    Gift
    So 5 HDMI cables shipped with UPS and just one shipped with usps
    Gift
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Yeah I'm 48 so for my age I feel insanely healthy lol
    Gift
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Yeah I'm 48 so for my age I feel insanely healthy lol