Tutorial [GUIDE] Pairing the joy-con on emunand and sysnand

kostas sfirakis

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Crazy question... I have 2 switches.

Can I put the SD card in from the 2nd switch and sync to that emunand. My plan is to have all my joycons and pads available for either switch.
I'm not sure about that. You could try in their emunands I guess? (always have fresh backups also fresh boot 0 & boot 1)

Kallim

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can someone help? When I try to launch Tegraexplorer through Hekate, it just goes into a black screen. Is there any way to fix that?
I'm not sure but why boot into Hekate??

You can either use boot to payload homebrew app. Or reboot to RCM and use the tegra bin file and boot straight into it.

To be fair it should still work through heckate. I'm assuming you have the bin file in your bootloader/payloads folder and your selecting payloads then tegra from Hekate?

The only things I can think of are 1) out of date or corrupt bin file or 2) corrupt file in your tegra explorer folder. Download everything and try again.

If it's not that I've no idea.

jpld

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I'm really confused with these directions. I plan on using atmophere so do I add the snycfix file to the sd card to access from tegrarcm or do I leave the file on the desktop and access it from there? Could you perhaps make a youtube video guide?

MezBar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi I'm really confused with these directions. I plan on using atmophere so do I add the snycfix file to the sd card to access from tegrarcm or do I leave the file on the desktop and access it from there? Could you perhaps make a youtube video guide?
You have to add the whole tegraexploer directory (just the directory, not the zip) you downloaded from the first post to your SD card and then launch the script from tegraexplorer on your switch

jpld

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to add the whole tegraexploer directory (just the directory, not the zip) you downloaded from the first post to your SD card and then launch the script from tegraexplorer on your
Okay thanks. Just to be sure, I do this step after I completely finish the emunand setup correct?

Kallim

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Are you new
Okay thanks. Just to be sure, I do this step after I completely finish the emunand setup correct?

You don't need to do this.

Basically your emunand is an exact copy of your system (think of it as a memory dump). All users wi-fi, games (which won't run because emunand uses a different folder) are identical. Your switch effectively dual boots.

You pretty much block Nintendo on your emunand so you can use your sysnand as normal.

From the moment you create emunand any changes you make will be independent and won't affect the other nand.

So if you pair new joycons or a pro controller it will only be paired on one and. This is where syncfix comes in. It copies the Bluetooth and WiFi information and settings from the system over to the emunand.

You won't need to do it because it's already copied when your emunand was created.... But it's handy to have in case the controller's ever fall out of sync or you get new ones.

I hope that makes sense.

Kallim

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Are you new

You don't need to do this.

Basically your emunand is an exact copy of your system (think of it as a memory dump). All users wi-fi, games (which won't run because emunand uses a different folder) are identical. Your switch effectively dual boots.

You pretty much block Nintendo on your emunand so you can use your sysnand as normal.

From the moment you create emunand any changes you make will be independent and won't affect the other nand.

So if you pair new joycons or a pro controller it will only be paired on one and. This is where syncfix comes in. It copies the Bluetooth and WiFi information and settings from the system over to the emunand.

You won't need to do it because it's already copied when your emunand was created.... But it's handy to have in case the controller's ever fall out of sync or you get new ones.

I hope that makes sense.

Kallim

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
One other thing tegra RCM and tegra explorer are different things. I'm wondering if your confusing them??

Tegra RCM is the program for your pc to boot into... Well anything really. But mainly for booting homebrew (usually fusee.bin). You need the *.bin file for whatever your booting into.

Tegra explorer is a handy tool for messing with your switch (like Hekate). You need the tegra explorer folders and the .bin file to boot into it.

You don't actually need tegra explorer depending on which guide you use.... But I would put it on (it's very handy). And if it was me I'd use the git hub guide to hack your switch.

jpld

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One other thing tegra RCM and tegra explorer are different things. I'm wondering if your confusing them??

Tegra RCM is the program for your pc to boot into... Well anything really. But mainly for booting homebrew (usually fusee.bin). You need the *.bin file for whatever your booting into.

Tegra explorer is a handy tool for messing with your switch (like Hekate). You need the tegra explorer folders and the .bin file to boot into it.

You don't actually need tegra explorer depending on which guide you use.... But I would put it on (it's very handy). And if it was me I'd use the git hub guide to hack your switch.

Which script version should I use if I follow this emummc guide? https://www.nevercholt.com/install-atmosphere-1-2-5-cfw-nintendo-switch-fw-13-2-0/

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Moon Knight dead