1. MezBar

OP MezBar Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    It's not necessary, i use exfat and everyting is fine... Try to repeat the tutorial from step 1 and try to use the script

2. RedHunter

RedHunter GBAtemp Fan

Italy
    Had a problem with my sd so in the end i decided to format it in fat32 but now there is a new error, in hekate when I click "migrate emuMMC" it says "No emuMMC or foreign emunand found"
    What does it means, maybe since I formatted my sd card I need to create a new emunand?
    Because I have the old one stored inside the system partition of the console. Thanks for the help.

3. RedHunter

RedHunter GBAtemp Fan

Italy
    Created a new emunand with SX but same error. Any help please?
    Maybe I have to create an emunand with hekate?

4. MezBar

OP MezBar Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    Dunno how to solve this problem, I never had it... But if you made a new emunand this problem is already solved because everything is synched again.
    However, the guide worked for all of us and I tested it on many consoles so I think that's a problem of your configuration, maybe...

5. RedHunter

RedHunter GBAtemp Fan

Italy
    Have no idea, I've formatted to fat32, created SX emunand on hidden partition instead on the system memory but still no luck.

When I use your script I get this:
    https://ibb.co/8b6mksh

6. RedHunter

RedHunter GBAtemp Fan

Italy
    Even tried emunand as file but no luck. Don't know what the problem could be, seems a pretty easy tutorial.

Any help please?

Last edited by RedHunter, Apr 29, 2020
  7. popy

popy GBAtemp Regular

Austria
    @MezBar
    First thanks for giving us this method, it worked for me BUT if you are using SX OS please be aware that after migrating to emummc you can no longer boot SX OS emunand!
    You have to manually redo the migrate thing which hekate was doing (moving and renaming emummc files to root:/sxos/emunand and also restore emutendo folder from emummc folders).

this should be in the guid in the first page.

otherwise thanks and keep up the good work

Last edited by popy, May 2, 2020
    MezBar likes this.
  8. MezBar

OP MezBar Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    Sound too strange to me, I'm also using SX OS emunand as hidden partition and everything is fine without move and rename nothing...
    Are you using the emunand as file or partition? I have to understand the problem to attach it in the first page,
    btw thanks a lot for reporting this issue to me!

Last edited by MezBar, May 2, 2020
  9. popy

popy GBAtemp Regular

Austria
    Thanks for your fast reply.
    Yes, i am using the emunand file mode.
    In my case migrating moved all the files to the emummc folder and renamed them.
    Sadly i have also delete some, but thats my fault.
    Luckily i had a backup and restoring now.

I think you should add a warning for SX OS emunand file mode users and a small redo guide :-)

pOpY

MezBar likes this.
  10. MezBar

OP MezBar Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    Thank you too much! I'm so sorry for this issue but I never used the emunand as file so I couldn't predict it:(
    I'll add to the first post as soon as possible!

EDIT: Added to the first post, if I have time I'll try to write a script to automatize this process too!

Last edited by MezBar, May 2, 2020
    Broduskii likes this.
  11. MezBar

OP MezBar Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    Guide updated, I have modified some steps(7 and 13) according to my new knowledge.
    Also, I wrote the script to automatize step 13 for those who have SX OS emunand as file but I need to test it, please be patient.

12. MezBar

OP MezBar Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    Ok guys, after some days of understanding and testing, me and @popy have come to the final solution to everyone!
    The guide is now updated and I changed it so much.
    Here's the changelog:

- Now the guide contains only scripts, I deleted the part that made the user to move files manually (i thought it was so dangerous)

- Adapted scripts to the latest horizontal mode of Tegra Explorer, so please download the latest version of Tegra Explorer to let scripts works!

- If you're a Sxos user (either Emunand as hidden partition and Emunand as file) you don't have to run hekate anymore, just launch Preparation.te to do what hekate does but without moving "Emutendo" subfolders to "Nintendo"!

- For Sxos Emunand as file users, Syncfix.te now automatize also the "Revert to Sxos emunand" procedure so you can boot to your emunand without problems!

- WARNING: we figured out that sometimes the scripts doesn't work properly with the new horizontal mode if you have your joycon attached so is preferable to remove joycons before using our scripts.
    I think that's a Tegra Explorer bug and not our's so in next days I'll try to report it to the dev...

I would like to publicly thank @popy, without him the Sxos file-based part would not exist…
    Moreover, he convinced me to write Preparation.te (for both Sxos partition-based and file-based) and he also wrote, debugged and tested the Sxos file-based part with me!
    (My idea was to use hekate at least for the first time and move manually Nintendo subfolders to Emutendo but with Preparation.te is a way better!)

So, enjoy everyone the new simplified and automatized guide!:toot::toot::toot:

PS: Let me know if you find a bug!

Try to follow the new guide, be sure to launch Tegra Explorer with micro sd inserted.
    If you are using SX OS HIDDEN PARTITION EMUNAND and you already have emummc folder, rename and move sd:/emummc/ER00/Nintendo to sd./Emutendo and then delete the emummc folder before proceeding to the guide.

Last edited by MezBar, May 7, 2020
  13. popy

popy GBAtemp Regular

Austria
    @MezBar I have to say also thanks for the idea and putting the scripts together :) sadly my time was limited and I was just able to bring in ideas, testing and debug the file version.

Nice to see the whole guide and scripts online in the wild :toot:

Best regards
    pOpY

14. RedHunter

RedHunter GBAtemp Fan

Italy
    Just put all my stuff back the other day so I won't try the new tutorial for a bit...

Btw since you didn't mention it in your guide I guess that emunand on system memory isn't compatible right?

15. MezBar

OP MezBar Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    I don't even know the existence of emunand on system memory :blink:
    If you see [EMMMC] EMUMMC when you boot to Tegra Exploer, i think that Atmosphere's version is ok with you (also if you are on sxos).
    If you don't see it, try to launch Preparation.te of sxos emunand as partition (also if you are on atmosphere) and reboot to Tegra Explorer with micro sd inserted.
    Now if you can see [EMMMC] EMUMMC, I think that's done(maybe).
    Otherwise, I need to know how this emunand work to help you:unsure:

16. RedHunter

RedHunter GBAtemp Fan

Italy
    So in the end I just gave this a try and still no luck.
    Tried emunand as hidden partition, I get this:
    https://ibb.co/CmdFNWW

Still this nofat error, but my sd is fat32 so I don't know why I get this.
    In the emummc folder I have these files, don't know if ER00 means error or it's normal:

https://ibb.co/tQSfpYs

17. PBallWiz

PBallWiz Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Mezbar.
    Kudos to you for making this available to the community.
    Worked like a charm.
    much appreciated!

MezBar likes this.
  18. Cruzer

Cruzer Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    worked perfect.. thanks!!!!

MezBar likes this.
  19. OPHaru

OPHaru Newbie
    Newcomer

Hong Kong
    Haven't tried it yet but this is exactly what i am looking for. Thanks for sharing this!

MezBar likes this.
  20. tonikamo

tonikamo Newbie
    Newcomer

Spain
    Worked like a charm, THANKS.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - [GUIDE], Pairing, emunand