Guide on how to create and run Final Fantasy Type-0 in one ISO

First of all, I made this tutorial because other players of this game still doesn't understand the instructions provided in Skybladecloud's blog. So I want to clear the instructions to my fellow fans of this game, so let's get started.

First, you need the following files to create the merged game ISO:

-Final Fantasy Type-0 UMD (you don't need the two, just choose either Disc 1 or 2. But DON'T ask me where to get that, buy the game instead)

-Type-0 Merged tools: http://www.skybladecloud.net/projects/final-fantasy-type-0-iso-merging/ (it's not an ISO, only files)

-UMDGEN 4.00 http://www.mediafire.com/download/9y9lc1391g113ir/UMDGen_v4.00.rar

STEP 1: You need to dump the Type-0 UMD via PSP with Custom Firmware. If you already had one, then skip to Step 2.

STEP 2: Open UMDGEN, and then open the dumped ISO.

STEP 3: Click PSP_GAME folder, then right click, choose Add files>existing files, click ICON0.PNG then click YES.

Untitled.png

Untitled1.png

STEP 4: Click SYSDIR folder, then delete the UPDATE folder and BOOT.BIN. And then right-click again, Add files>existing files, choose EBOOT.BIN and click YES.

Untitled2.png

Untitled5.png
Untitled6.png

STEP 5: Go to USRDIR folder, then right-click again, Add files>existing files, choose yellow.pkg and yellow.fsd, and click YES.

Untitled3.png

STEP 6: Save the game as an uncompressed ISO. Wait until it finishes saving. Make sure the saved merged ISO would be 2.36 GB in size.

Untitled7.png

Note: You need to update your PSP Firmware to PRO Custom Firmware starting PRO-B10 to PRO-C2 to make it work on your PSP. Don't stick to M33 or GEN CFW if you want to play this game. Here's the fixed version of 6.60 PRO-C2.

That's all. I linked all the required tools to create merged game (except for ISO links, that's against the GBAtemp rules)

(For those who don't know what is the included PARAM.SFO in the TYPE-0 XMB icon, that is the information of the ISO. It has the name of the game, parental level, etc.)
Untitled8.png

English Patch update for FINAL FANTASY TYPE-0 is already available with some bugfixes. But I can't link it here because of the forum's rules.

Changelog for the Version 2 patch:

NEW:
*The merged-patched game can be played even on PS3 (Jailbroken, Cobra™ ODE modded, or even on Official firmware)
*Works on PS Vita via Custom Firmware emulator, like TN-V/ARK-2 (same on Version 1).

FIXED:
*fixed some graphical glitches
*re-translated some words
*reconstructed sentences
*removed some duplicated words in Crimson Codex
*fixed Multiplayer Help guide page skipping and freezing
*realigned obscured texts on menus and NPC dialogue boxes
*edited some untranslated videos from the Version 1 Patch.
*corrected the date of one video (the second video when you open the game), so the file size is increased again by 100%.
*fixed description errors on Story Missions and Combat Exercises (some fans are unaware of these errors, even PiezoSparker. So I reported it to him and sent some screenshots.)

Credits to:
*Skybladecloud & Operation Doomtrain - for starting the project, merging the 2 Discs possible to play into one ISO, whole game translation and ROMhacking.

V2 Patch update Credits to:
*PiezoSparker (former Sky's team member, programmer)
*KernelPanic (programmer)
*blackfire219 (me) (for error reporting, mostly on mission descriptions)

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

LoyalZero1

Former Videogame & Movie News Super Blogger
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sky changed the patching process, man. You no longer have to merge the isos in order to play in english. Just download the patcher and select one of the isos when you start the patching program. The patcher will still patch the seperate isos. And if i'm not mistaken, Sky made it to where you only have to patch one iso. The patcher will add all of the missing files from the other iso you didn't patch. So in other words, the patcher will create a translated merged iso with just one of the umd isos.

Reactions: Margen67

ShanInayet

Trophies
XP
Country
Sky changed the patching process, man. You no longer have to merge the isos in order to play in english. Just download the patcher and select one of the isos when you start the patching program. The patcher will still patch the seperate isos. And if i'm not mistaken, Sky made it to where you only have to patch one iso. The patcher will add all of the missing files from the other iso you didn't patch. So in other words, the patcher will create a translated merged iso with just one of the umd isos.

Does that mean I'll only need one file to patch then it's good to go?

impiernonaito

Trophies
XP
Country
What is the CRC32 of this dump?
The result is different from the fft0.patch CRC32 dump.
This dump works but no translations applied.
Take note that the merge files (patch files) are downloaded from archive.org repositories.

CRC32: b8b323bb
MD5: 459e91b1dfcb49e5daf751b1273a92b0

blackfire219

D-Wheeler Accel Duelist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello! For those who are not updated yet:
FINAL FANTASY TYPE-0 English patch is updated to Version 2 with some bugfixes. I can't link it here because of the site's rules, but you can find them on your own.

Reactions: LoyalZero1

blackfire219

D-Wheeler Accel Duelist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Changelog for the Version 2 patch:

NEW:
*The merged-patched game can be played even on PS3 (Jailbroken, Cobra™ ODE modded, or even on Official firmware)
*Works on PS Vita via Custom Firmware emulator, like TN-V/ARK-2 (same on Version 1).

FIXED:
*fixed some graphical glitches
*re-translated some words
*reconstructed sentences
*removed some duplicated words in Crimson Codex
*fixed Multiplayer Help guide page skipping and freezing
*realigned obscured texts on menus and NPC dialogue boxes
*edited some untranslated videos from the Version 1 patch
*fixed description errors on Story Missions and Combat Exercises (some fans are unaware of these errors, even PiezoSparker. So I reported it to him and sent some screenshots.)

Credits to:
*Skybladecloud & Operation Doomtrain - for starting the project, whole game translation and ROMhacking.

V2 patch update Credits to:
*PiezoSparker (former Sky's team member, programmer)
*KernelPanic (programmer)
*blackfire219 (me) (for error reporting, mostly on mission descriptions)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well, after a day of pain, i'm gonna catch some zs