Tutorial [GUIDE] NAND Rebuilding (for no backup / broken eMMC)

Oriordan

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
Errors

Attachments

• IMG_20220124_174051.jpg
    IMG_20220124_174051.jpg
    6.4 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_20220124_174249.jpg
    IMG_20220124_174249.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 41

fatherboard

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Followed the guide but bumped into a problem, after opening HacDiskMount and insertin the PRODINFO BIS keys, I get a "FAIL! Entropy 7,990 (tested 16384 out of 16384 bytes).
Tried with another donor prod.keys but still get the same error.

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Followed the guide but bumped into a problem, after opening HacDiskMount and insertin the PRODINFO BIS keys, I get a "FAIL! Entropy 7,990 (tested 16384 out of 16384 bytes).
Tried with another donor prod.keys but still get the same error.
you need to use your own console keys you dump initially to decrypt, then you can use the donor ones

Reactions: impeeza

StringIsNullOrEmpty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Trying to fix my switch with broken eMMC with one bought from the internet and running into problems, hoping someone can help:

*I don't have a donor switch, so I'm using Pikafix pack. I did manage to dump my prod.keys from my console.

Problem 1: Pikafix pack doesn't have USER.bin and I can see that a few steps down I need that, how can I get this?

Problem 2: Step 11 says to copy key.dat (D) but I don't have that (since no donor switch) and Pikafix pack doesn't have this, can I use NxNandManager and the prod.keys I dumped to generate my own? (the guide specifically says to skip this step if using pikafix though so I'm not sure)

Problem 3: Step 12(e) says to select the eMMC partition, which I did, but since it was bought online and not from a donor switch it is completely empty. It first complains that it doesn't see a complete eMMC dump, and prompts to continue. If I click continue it says both primary and secondary GPT are bad. I'm completely stuck now and don't know how to proceed.

Last edited by StringIsNullOrEmpty,

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Trying to fix my switch with broken eMMC with one bought from the internet and running into problems, hoping someone can help:

*I don't have a donor switch, so I'm using Pikafix pack. I did manage to dump my prod.keys from my console.

Problem 1: Pikafix pack doesn't have USER.bin and I can see that a few steps down I need that, how can I get this?

Problem 2: Step 11 says to copy key.dat (D) but I don't have that (since no donor switch) and Pikafix pack doesn't have this, can I use NxNandManager and the prod.keys I dumped to generate my own? (the guide specifically says to skip this step if using pikafix though so I'm not sure)

Problem 3: Step 12(e) says to select the eMMC partition, which I did, but since it was bought online and not from a donor switch it is completely empty. It first complains that it doesn't see a complete eMMC dump, and prompts to continue. If I click continue it says both primary and secondary GPT are bad. I'm completely stuck now and don't know how to proceed.

Pikafix author here

1) User can be blank. Only keys are needed.

2) Keys.dat and prod.keys are the same (mostly); the only real difference is the biskeys which are the important ones needed to access the emmc stuff, which is console unique. Dumped with lockpick_rcm and are located in prod.keys

3) you might need to use gpt restore, otherwise you will likely need to use a gpart and linux to manually create the partitions and table.

For reference, if you can find a correct dump, you can more or less image that back on the emmc and then fix it from there. Which is what I did when I got my upgrade nand chip with bad partitions

StringIsNullOrEmpty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Pikafix author here

1) User can be blank. Only keys are needed.

2) Keys.dat and prod.keys are the same (mostly); the only real difference is the biskeys which are the important ones needed to access the emmc stuff, which is console unique. Dumped with lockpick_rcm and are located in prod.keys

3) you might need to use gpt restore, otherwise you will likely need to use a gpart and linux to manually create the partitions and table.

For reference, if you can find a correct dump, you can more or less image that back on the emmc and then fix it from there. Which is what I did when I got my upgrade nand chip with bad partitions
Thanks! That's really helpful information. I will look into how to do the 3 you mentioned :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Elodain @ Elodain: I'm not saying leave the loophole open, by all means close it, but just leave the people that...