[Guide] Kafluke's HardMod CBHC Unbrick guide

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Kafluke, Jul 7, 2017.

1. SuperDan

SuperDan Im Aware ... Im Unaware

Aug 17, 2016
    United States
    Londoner , Living In Louisiana ...
    i can live with that .. thanks for telling me ...

2. V0idst4r

V0idst4r Member

Newcomer
    Apr 2, 2017
    United States
    Hi, what file format (it's probably some raw partition image format) is slc.bin, can I modify files in it? I have OTP. I accidentally modified a system RPL in SLC. Also the pictures are dead...

Last edited by V0idst4r, Feb 8, 2018
  3. Litle_Bird

Litle_Bird Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 1, 2017
    Sweden
    I believe that your question will have more proper answers in this thread https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-wii-u-nand-tools.465386/ as this guide focuses soley on fixing meta.xml "broken" by pirate haxchi

4. Kafluke
    OP

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    Pics should be back

5. V0idst4r

V0idst4r Member

Newcomer
    Apr 2, 2017
    United States
    No, my brick has nothing to do with a brick from a pirated DS title. I changed a system RPL in SLC to an unsigned one and my Wii U freezes at the logo (no chime or anything).

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

EDIT: Forget it, found both pages on web.archive.org. Thanks though!

Last edited by V0idst4r, Feb 9, 2018
  6. sharkys80

sharkys80 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 16, 2010
    United States
    No Pics imo :wacko:

7. Litle_Bird

Litle_Bird Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 1, 2017
    Sweden
    Sorry, it was I who was a bit unlclear. I meant this guide by kafluke focuses on fixing the xml file that has been altered, (it's called sys.xml, not meta, my bad) by CBHC. The thread I gave you a link to is the tools made by eyekye for modifying the nand, opening it and such. I think you'll get more answers there :)

8. MJrolla07

MJrolla07 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 7, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Hi guys! I just came across this thread after trawling the internet looking for a fix for my WiiU. I bought it on an absolute whim after seeing it going really cheap on ebay console only. It arrived, but due to the fact I didnt have the cables etc to test it, I didnt actually realise it was faulty until it was too late to return it. I kinda just left it in a box behind the couch, but now im really interested in getting it fixed!

So the problem is that it doesnt output to my TV, and because i bought the gamepad separately, it isnt synced, and cant see the TV's output to insert the code. I sent it off to Nintendo, and they are actually saying that it has a software fault, and would cost £53 to fix it. That is over 3x what i paid for the console, so turned it down and got it sent back.

I am now wondering if I hardmod dump/reflash like this could be the solution. I really enjoy tinkering and repairing things, im not particularly knowledgeable, but I did manage to jtag my xbox 360, which is why I would be interested in giving something like this a go. Would something along these lines be a solution?

Thank you!!

9. Kafluke
    OP

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    This is for people to repair a CBHC brick using a nand backup they created before bricking. I don't know how this would help with video output problems

10. MiKaN360

MiKaN360 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 9, 2018
    United States
    I am having the same issue. Still no images/broken link.

Thank you so much for your hard work. Any luck with those pics/links? I can't find anything on the internet so far. Is there anything I could do to help?

11. Kafluke
    OP

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    Are you sure? My browser on my phone shows pics

12. MiKaN360

MiKaN360 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 9, 2018
    United States
    That is weird. One pic showed up, but the other four did not. I wonder if its a browser thing? I tried my phone browser to check, but I am having the same issue. Not sure what could be the problem unless both my browsers are flaky. Thanks again for confirming it. I guess I will have to play around with my browser.

13. Kafluke
    OP

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    I tried a different phone and the pics were missing. It must be cached on my phone. I'll look into it

14. Kafluke
    OP

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    Okay it looks like all the images are horked. Anybody have a cached copy of the OP? I need to put the pics up somewhere else.

15. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Addict

Jan 4, 2015
    Germany
    Last edited by lordelan, Mar 13, 2018
    MiKaN360 and Kafluke like this.
  16. n00b2015

n00b2015 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 19, 2015
    Slovenia
    when i try to dump slc it gives me this

[​IMG]

17. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein There's hope for a Xenosaga port.

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    @Kafluke
    I know the WayBackMachine cache pictures have reduced resolution, so I went on hunting the original (or similar to the original) pictures from the web, mostly from this site: https://www.modconsoles.fr/forums/topic/169-hardmod-restaurer-sa-wiiu-suite-à-un-brick-cbhc/

I have reconstructed the OP below with the reconstructed pictures. Please, use them to replace the missing picture in the OP as you see fit.

You can also find the pictures directly in the following imgur post: https://imgur.com/a/SXjhI

BR.

Last edited by sarkwalvein, Mar 20, 2018
    lordelan and DinohScene like this.
  18. Kafluke
    OP

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    Sweet thanks. I'll do it when I get home from work today

Gave you full access to the OP in case I forget

19. n00b2015

n00b2015 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 19, 2015
    Slovenia
    Anyone knows what is wrong here? I think soldering is ok and I bought original teensy.

20. Kafluke
    OP

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    Must use a Teensy++ 2.0

Is that what you have? There's also a voltage regulator you have to solder onto the Teensy. Also you need to cut a trace. Look at the OP.

Images are fixed. Kinda. There's still some weird img code in there that shows up but I can't find it when trying to edit the OP. Anyway all the images are there now. Thanks @sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice