Tutorial  Updated

Install ARK-bubble on FW 3.60+

Just copying my guide I made on reddit:

Thanks to the new psvimgtools, we can edit our CMA backups. This allows for installation of homebrew bubbles using the pboot trick on FW 3.60+.

This is a short guide on how to install an ARK bubble using the pboot trick on FW 3.60+ using the psvimgtools.

Needed files:
psvimgtools - https://github.com/yifanlu/psvimgtools/releases

ARK pboot bubble for Vita 3.60 - http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=47678

1. Get your PSN AID. This is the 16-hex code found in your CMA backup folder path.

To quote Yifan:"For example, if I wish to decrypt PS Vita/PGAME/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/NPJH00053/game/game.psvimg then my AID is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"

2. You can now use this site: http://cma.henkaku.xyz/ to get your KEY. Thanks Davee!

3. Download and extract the psvimgtools for your OS. We will need to use the command line/terminal for these next steps.

4. Backup a PSP game from your Vita to your computer using qCMA.

5. Find the PSP game backup in the folder: PS Vita/PGAME/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/[GAMEID]/game/game.psvimg. Copy this file to your psvimgtools folder.

6. Run "psvimg-extract -K YOUR-KEY game.psvimg game". You will get a folder named ux0_pspemu_temp_game_PSP_GAME_GAMEID.

7. Extract the ARK pboot bubble archive and find the PBOOT.PBP. Use this PBOOT.PBP to overwrite the one in your output_folder which you just generated using psvimg-extract.

8. Run "psvimg-create -n game -K YOUR-KEY game game". You will get "game.psvimg" and "game.psvmd" in your game folder. Use these to overwrite the ones in your CMA backup folder.

9. Restore the backup from your PC to your Vita using Qcma.

10. Copy ARK_01234 from the ARK pboot bubble archive to PS Vita/PSAVEGAME/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/

11. Restore the ARK-2 PSP SAVEDATA from your PC to your Vita using Qcma.

12. Say thanks to yifan.lu, xyz, Proxima, qwikrazor87 and Davee for this neat trick.

EDIT: Updated the guide. Thanks for feedback.

Last edited by Cinnamon,

the_otsutsuki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it's installing in ms0, only move for PSP/VHBL, use psp filer or vitaftp for to move.

Enviado de meu ASUS_T00J usando Tapatalk

I'm sorry. Im not understanding you quite correctly. So I'm supposed to get the error ? I have no idea what I'm doing. I'm new to the vita hacking community. Currently I'm going to try to redo my ark bubble since it won't work for me anymore. I'll post more when I'm finished

pauloedsonjk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

the_otsutsuki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So when I clicked on install for the gba emulator on ark it took me out of ark and now it's not doing anything. Should I just wait ?

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
nevermind it worked

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i am testing custom themes on 3.63 now (i am repacking the modded backup)

rileysrjay

Connoisseur of all things Morshu
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question why should one use Ark over Adrenaline?
There really is no reason to use ark over adrenaline that I can think of if you are on 3.60. adrenaline definitely has some better features, and If you want decent ps1 emulation just use RetroArch. If you are on 3.63 your only choice is ark since adrenaline requires henkaku.

nevermind it worked

i am testing custom themes on 3.63 now (i am repacking the modded backup)
Doesn't hackinformer have a guide on custom themes on 3.63? Also let me know how easy the process is, I've been thinking about trying custom themes the last couple of days.

Last edited by rileysrjay,

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
my psvita dont reconize the modded backup (with qcma) it says no backups....

There really is no reason to use ark over adrenaline that I can think of if you are on 3.60. adrenaline definitely has some better features, and If you want decent ps1 emulation just use RetroArch. If you are on 3.63 your only choice is ark since adrenaline requires henkaku.

Doesn't hackinformer have a guide on custom themes on 3.63? Also let me know how easy the process is, I've been thinking about trying custom themes the last couple of days.

can you pm me the guide?

2DSGamerdude

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
question: on mac (iMac 64bit), how do you run the commands? i have trouble getting the commands to work properly?

Nevermind, i got the "PSvimgtools" for 32bit windows from Yluflin's github, i think he released it recently, it wash' there some days ago. (support for win 32bit users like myself)

the program works now, after some properly command line usage i got the extract from the game.psvimg file and create the custom files etc.

the Ark that i made using Ape Escape didn't work, gave an error when i tried to put it back to my vita?

but the "Dissida DUOdem Prologus demo" however worked fine no errors :)

Last edited by 2DSGamerdude,

pauloedsonjk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
um now that i have a custom ark bubble on my Vita FW 3.63 working, how can i transfer my hombrew files? like N64 emu?

i don't like the "VitaFTP" way to transfer, um how can i use PspFiler to do so?
Use Qcma for transfer and psp filer to move.

2DSGamerdude

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Use Qcma for transfer and psp filer to move.

i did that using a random PSP save to transfer my n64 emu stored in "INSTALL.ZIP" file, it worked,
but when i unzipped the folder to /ISO/ folder, and then tried to load my n64 Qboot.pbp file it showed black screen with and error code?
should i install VBHL so the emulators will work/load?

pauloedsonjk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i did that using a random PSP save to transfer my n64 emu stored in "INSTALL.ZIP" file, it worked,
but when i unzipped the folder to /ISO/ folder, and then tried to load my n64 Qboot.pbp file it showed black screen with and error code?
should i install VBHL so the emulators will work/load?
Move it for your folder vhbl, and try again.

2DSGamerdude

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Move it for your folder vhbl, and try again.

i moved the n64 emu (the R19 doesn't run dunno why, the R13 however does?) using Savedata,
placing the emu folder in save data and transferring it over, then using VHBL to import my emu from "SAVEDATA" over and it worked.

this is for the n64 emu R13 version, the R19 doesn't want to boot.

well, the emu isn't great, I'm surpassed that it can nearly even run on the vita, well it draws much power from the vita, loading a game takes some power from the battery quite quickly, hence why the n64 emu needs a shit load of power from the orgi console to emulate it "perfectly" -> nah,.
hope that the vita "core" of the new n64 emu will be better, run more games.

well, at least super mario 64 runs, the sound sucks kinda, but it runs, others games no, shame tho. nice n64 library of games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."