Hacking [Guide] Install a9lh without buying anything in 11.2

Did you get a9lh from 11.2 following this guide?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyoretsu

Itosugi Masahiro's Loyal Reader
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
May

Maybe @Hyoretsu didn't update the safehax on the initial zips, only in the troubleshooting section.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Btw @Hyoretsu, the part "If you came here from step 8" of the troubleshooting for the cartridge is unecessary, there's no need for trying with steelhax, since soundhax was never the problem. You could just point out inside the parenthesis of the 8th step that a cartridge should be inserted in the case of freezing with a black screen, instead of "go to the Troubleshooting Steps").
Gonna change that step right now and I updated the safehax on the initial zips.
My SD card has only 2GB and I have some games in it. If I back it up, format it, follow the guide till the end, copy the backup of my SD card with my downloaded games back to it, they will work as before, right? Since I'll still have my sysNAND I backup with Decrypt9?
Make a backup, format it. Get the initial zip and make a backup of your SysNAND and keep it safe. Delete the SysNAND backup that's in your microSD and follow the guide. When you get in the step of deleting the 000008f folder, delete also the 2.1 ctrtransfer files inside files9 and move your SysNAND backup back to your microSD. Finish the guide and restore the microSD backup.

Reactions: npessoa

Hyoretsu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I was stuck on step 8 including the troubleshoot then I used this safehax https://gbatemp.net/threads/safehax-11-1-2-downgrade-without-dsiware.455456/page-63#post-6989298

I didn't have a gamecard and just bought a N3DS for my kid.

Thanks for this tutorial now he is playing everything he wants
The thought that you won't need more than 64GB storage really goes away as soon as you a9lh your device. Same happened to me. Now, after I complete a game, I make a backup of the save and delete it to save space.

djender

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
So, this is my first time modding my 3ds and I got some questions about it:

-Do I have to stay away from internet?
-If not, when a new update arrives, should I avoid it?
-What happens if I update my modded 3ds?
-Is there risk of ban?
-Is there a way to unban a 3ds?
-Is there a way to update a game on a banned 3ds?

Last edited by djender,

markh78

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Amazing how simple and foolproof it's come to.
I tried downgrading a year ago without success and decided to just stick with the newest fw.
Now I have everything setup without any hiccups thanks to all the new hacks and guides around.

Hyoretsu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So, this is my first time modding my 3ds and I got some questions about it:

-Do I have to stay away from internet?
-If not, when a new update arrives, should I avoid it?
-What happens if I update my modded 3ds?
-Is there risk of ban?
-Is the a way to unban a 3ds?
-Is there a way to update a game on a banned 3ds?
-No.
-If you want to be 100% secure, wait a few hours. A thread should pop up in here with people reporting if the update went without complications.
-Nothing.
-No.
-Not entirely, but almost completely.
-Update through eShop or freeShop.

hoist20032002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ugh, I've tried a copy of CN, OOT to use as my cartrides then I used my gateway to boot into safehax to get into Encrypt9 and still nothing. I've don't it like 20+ times :( I'm probably doing it wrong...

Last edited by hoist20032002,

jack_okami

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My screen is stuck at step 15 with the glitchy screen.
neZ7PpG
help would be appreciated
I can't see the picture but I suppose it's the half black half white. You can follow the troubleshooting steps at the bottom of the post, just continue the guide normally. Press select wait a few sec and press any button. It will shut down the 3ds on its own.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

GodUsopp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't see the picture but I suppose it's the half black half white. You can follow the troubleshooting steps at the bottom of the post, just continue the guide normally. Press select wait a few sec and press any button. It will shut down the 3ds on its own.

I've done as you said but there is no effect. I'm afraid of turning the system off manually in case of a brick.

jack_okami

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah just turn it off, if it failed you will be back to 2.1.0 home menu if it worked you will be in Luma3DS Config screen.

GodUsopp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw a few other people having this problem, it's because N3DS are not supposed to be on this FW same as why they can't be put in Sleep Mode I believe.
I see... is there anyway to fix it then? I tried step 15 again to no avail, rip, and i really dont wanna brick my limited edition zelda 3ds.

jack_okami

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see... is there anyway to fix it then? I tried step 15 again to no avail, rip, and i really dont wanna brick my limited edition zelda 3ds.
Okay according to some previous posts, if you follow guide as normal you will be okay. On the following steps you should be back to 11.2 and that would fix it

Last edited by jack_okami,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."