Hacking [Guide] Install a9lh without buying anything in 11.2

Did you get a9lh from 11.2 following this guide?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyoretsu

Itosugi Masahiro's Loyal Reader
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey guys gotta question if you don't have enough memory on your sd card when trying to do the system update process of the luma3ds before injected fbi will it give you a error
To update after 2.1, you'll restore a backup. If you update from System Settings, either it won't work or you'll brick.

DizzleMac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To update after 2.1, you'll restore a backup. If you update from System Settings, either it won't work or you'll brick.
Its basically saying there is a error then it restarts when I try to do a system update after 2.1 I was thinking it wasn't enough memory because its a 4gb card but Idk. system still comes on. no freezing or anything. I didn't go through the 9.2.0 ctrtransfer because it ask if my NAND was below 9.2 and im not sure if it is

Hyoretsu

Itosugi Masahiro's Loyal Reader
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Its basically saying there is a error then it restarts when I try to do a system update after 2.1 I was thinking it wasn't enough memory because its a 4gb card but Idk. system still comes on. no freezing or anything. I didn't go through the 9.2.0 ctrtransfer because it ask if my NAND was below 9.2 and im not sure if it is
It's normal that it gives this. You can't update from 2.1. microSDs aren't the error, seen that Nintendo's OS is stored on a NAND chip inside it. Go through the 9.2 ctrtransfer, update after it and continue the guide.

DizzleMac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's normal that it gives this. You can't update from 2.1. microSDs aren't the error, seen that Nintendo's OS is stored on a NAND chip inside it. Go through the 9.2 ctrtransfer, update after it and continue the guide.
ok cool everything went good. now i trying to reinstall the tickets from FBI and its telling me that i cannot install I erase all the ones that doesn't have the 00 on it but for some reason its not installing

Saviouz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
24. Go to here and download the "fbi-2.4.2-injectable.zip" in the "What you need" section. Extract the "fbi-2.4.2-injectable.zip" and put all the .app in the files9 folder.
25. Put the microSD back in your 3DS.
26. Press UP while booting your console and choose "SysNAND Options", "Miscellaneous", "Health&Safety Inject". Press LEFT, UP, RIGHT, UP and A. Press A and START to reboot into Home Menu.
I get an error at this point, it says "No usable files found" - I can't install fbi. But I did put the .app files in the files9 folder... what did go wrong?

npessoa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Why do people care so much about the Health&Safety? What is the importance of injecting it? Is it necessary for everything to work correctly?

Aba

Trophies
XP
Country
France
what is this ?
after step 14 i got a strange colored menu (yellow, green, red and blue for example)
someone can help me ? :/

Attachments

• 20170107_072751.jpg
    20170107_072751.jpg
    430.1 KB · Views: 114
  • 20170107_072235.jpg
    20170107_072235.jpg
    591.7 KB · Views: 134

linus_south

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So sorry, I will slow down and stop panicing and try to make some sense.

I have a new nintnedo 3DS,
I was following this guide.
I got to the part where it should of been backing up. I think it failed on all accounts from lack of space. Only had a 4gb in.
It was still working so I left it alone As I didn't want to brick it.
It finished with the "Press to reboot!" it black screened .. Removing the SD card made it boot to 2.1 but, I quickly realized something was wrong.
The dycript9.txt is filled with errors.
Comes here ... wants to cry. That's where I am?

Also that guide says "19. Select "SysNAND Backup/Restore...", "SysNAND Restore (keep a9lh)". Now, press LEFT, UP, RIGHT, UP and A. Press A. After it successfully restores your 11.2 backup, just reboot your console. (If you don't have a backup, follow this)"
If I'm understanding correctly though going through that aka 9.2.0-ctrtransfer does not work for a new3DS? even though they have the file for it?

Advice / what now?

Sorry this is kind of a double post.

Last edited by linus_south,

jack_okami

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I got to the part where it should of been backing up. I think it failed on all accounts from lack of space. Only had a 4gb in.
It finished with the "Press to reboot!" it black screened .. Removing the SD card made it boot to 2.1 but, I quickly realized something was wrong.

Also that guide says "19. Select "SysNAND Backup/Restore...", "SysNAND Restore (keep a9lh)". Now, press LEFT, UP, RIGHT, UP and A. Press A. After it successfully restores your 11.2 backup, just reboot your console. (If you don't have a backup, follow this)"
If I'm understanding correctly though going through that aka 9.2.0-ctrtransfer does not work for a new3DS? even though they have the file for it?

Advice / what now?

You don't have a backup so you won't be able to follow the guide right now. Go to the link and it will take you to some other steps so you will be able to follow the guide.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Awesomeslayerg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Advice / what now?

I believe you misunderstood, you can use the CTR-nand transfer on the new3ds. It works with all 3dses i believe

linus_south

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe you misunderstood, you can use the CTR-nand transfer on the new3ds. It works with all 3dses i believe

In another thread they were basically saying that if you have a downgraded N3ds with no nand back up on a new 3ds You basically had a bricked system as trying to update it would brick it?

But yes it sucks buck dycript 9 failed so I have no back up I didn't go past "10. Press B and SELECT." on here really
I did try to boot it after that and then seen it was on 2.1 and I didn't know if I should go any farther cause I thought I was screwed as I do not have a back up of the nand at all.

jack_okami

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In another thread they were basically saying that if you have a downgraded N3ds with no nand back up on a new 3ds You basically had a bricked system as trying to update it would brick it?

But yes it sucks buck dycript 9 failed so I have no back up I didn't go past "10. Press B and SELECT." on here really
I did try to boot it after that and then seen it was on 2.1 and I didn't know if I should go any farther cause I thought I was screwed as I do not have a back up of the nand at all.
You are not bricked. As long as you don't close the lid and you continue to the link in that step that says "if you don't have a backup" you will be back on track.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Rabada34

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
"5. Get the 2.1.0 ctrtransfer files and put them in your files9 folder in your microSD root.
6. Put your microSD in your console."

Do I have to unzip the 2.1.0 ctransfert files ? thanks

ReannaN

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I'm trying to copy and paste my micro sd to another one. When I do, it crashes when trying to paste the nintendo 3ds file?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: byes +1