Hacking [Guide] Install a9lh without buying anything in 11.2

Did you get a9lh from 11.2 following this guide?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyoretsu

Itosugi Masahiro's Loyal Reader
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Some kept trying for 50+ attempts and succeeded. If not, try using a card exploit. Might also be related to fasthax not being fully released yet.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

got a question, can i turn off the console after step 11?
Yes. If you have N3DS, just don't put it in Sleep Mode. Otherwise, you'll brick.

Reactions: slaphappygamer

sassym8

Trophies
XP
Country
After 20+ failed attempts with soundhax and steelhax, booted into decrypt9 using basehaxx on 11.2 EUR. I also used the .zip provided by @Hyoretsu Thanks man!

BasicMelodies

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mhmm Luma3ds still doesn't seem to want to open up after powering on the console. What I did during step 15. I turned on my 2ds, when to my browser, entered the url. say the bottom screen flicker to black for a split second then back to the regular screen, waiting a few minutes and pressed select and then random buttons. Didn't seem to work so I manually held the power button to turn it off and then turned it back on. The screen stays black for a bit and then goes back to the regular ds screen.

Also the top screen ratio seems to be messed up as it it horizontally stretched.

sic_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
N3ds XL 11.2.0.35E here. after 100+ failed attempts @ soundhax and 20 something attempts @ steelhax decrypt9 finally booted on the last attempt @ steelhax.

MAKE SURE YOU WAIT AT LEAST 5 SECONDS AFTER THE SCREEN GOES BLANK, SOMETIMES IT SEEMS LIKE IT CRASHED, BUT IN FACT IT'LL LOAD DECRYPT9. SO MAKE SURE YOU WAIT (!!!)

Last edited by sic_,

Hyoretsu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey, take some credit, too. I meant the people are greatful for the many works of many devs, but most people ALWAYS thank the person who turned the technical into laymans.

Nedwill taught you how to fish. You showed them how to fish with barrels and guns.
1st. Best analogy EVER!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
2nd. I'm grateful just to see how many I'm being able to help getting a9lh.

Mhmm Luma3ds still doesn't seem to want to open up after powering on the console. What I did during step 15. I turned on my 2ds, when to my browser, entered the url. say the bottom screen flicker to black for a split second then back to the regular screen, waiting a few minutes and pressed select and then random buttons. Didn't seem to work so I manually held the power button to turn it off and then turned it back on. The screen stays black for a bit and then goes back to the regular ds screen.

Also the top screen ratio seems to be messed up as it it horizontally stretched.
Press START at boot and restore your backup. That bug's from being in 2.1.

myki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
When I try Soundhax on 11.2, the screen goes green and then the sound application goes in error.
Am I doing something wrong, or it's normal I just have to keep on trying ??

jack_okami

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay I'm in step 13, any ideas? The 1st folder doesn't have the 0000008f folder, but the second and third folder do.
ec1d92f29840dac1aeb58d829f8cc25f.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Hyoretsu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
When I try Soundhax on 11.2, the screen goes green and then the sound application goes in error.
Am I doing something wrong, or it's normal I just have to keep on trying ??
Get the payload for EU and put it in microSD's root.

Okay I'm in step 13, any ideas? The 1st folder doesn't have the 0000008f folder, but the second and third folder do.
ec1d92f29840dac1aeb58d829f8cc25f.jpg

Looks like you have three EmuNANDs. D'you know which one is your SysNAND?

ReannaN

Trophies
XP
Country
Really silly question, where you say put the zip files on micro sd and then put the micro sd into your ds. Is that any micro sd that I've bought? And to put it into my ds, do I need a cart that holds the micro sd?

jack_okami

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get the payload for EU and put it in microSD's root.

Looks like you have three EmuNANDs. D'you know which one is your SysNAND?
I have no idea :( it's always been like this as far as I recall.

I made a backup of this one folder just I case I screwd something up

Beannyo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So, I'm trying to understand where to go from where I'm at, which... actually isn't that far, in all fairness.

I've got OoTHax installed which I'm going to be using as my entry point because of the poor success rate for soundhax, but I'm getting confused between the guide you have posted and this one over at r/3DSHacks.
But, correct me if I'm wrong, this guide will set me up with A9LH + Luma without really doing too much, except by following those steps? My head is swimming with all this information (most of which I'm struggling to understand) and the reddit isn't making any clear-cut sense to me right now :')

Hyoretsu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Really silly question, where you say put the zip files on micro sd and then put the micro sd into your ds. Is that any micro sd that I've bought? And to put it into my ds, do I need a cart that holds the micro sd?
microSD or your normal SD card. No, just put it back in your 3DS.

So, I'm trying to understand where to go from where I'm at, which... actually isn't that far, in all fairness.

I've got OoTHax installed which I'm going to be using as my entry point because of the poor success rate for soundhax, but I'm getting confused between the guide you have posted and this one over at r/3DSHacks.
But, correct me if I'm wrong, this guide will set me up with A9LH + Luma without really doing too much, except by following those steps? My head is swimming with all this information (most of which I'm struggling to understand) and the reddit isn't making any clear-cut sense to me right now :')
At the end of the guide, you'll have Luma3DS. Also posting instructions on how to install useful CIAs, like Homebrew Launcher and FBI.

myki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@Hyoretsu , you sait me to "Get the payload for EU", do you mean to get only the soundhax-eur-o3ds.m4a (I'm on an Old3DS) or do I have to load others european files ?

Hyoretsu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@Hyoretsu , you sait me to "Get the payload for EU", do you mean to get only the soundhax-eur-o3ds.m4a (I'm on an Old3DS) or do I have to load others european files ?
That one if you're using soundhax and the homebrew payload. I'm updating it to contain steps for the homebrew payload.

Hyoretsu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have no idea :( it's always been like this as far as I recall.

I made a backup of this one folder just I case I screwd something up

Delete all the 0000008f folders then.

Yeah theno I continue to 2.1
If you're following the old method, yes, install it after 10.7 downgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: