Hacking [GUIDE] How to use the Supercard DSTWO Plus's Gateway functionality to play .3DS ROMs

Blundermann

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How to use the Supercard DSTWO+ Gateway functionality to play .3DS ROMs

The Supercard DSTWO+ has a built-in Gateway clone, and it took me quite a while to figure out how to get it to work. It was even more annoying because I have a New 3DS, which most existing Gateway guides don't address due to outdated information. So here's how to use the DSTWO+ "GATEWAY Simulator".

• First of all, create an EmuNAND that is running 3DS firmware version 9.2. You can do this by using EmuNAND9's "Complete EmuNAND Setup" option. (Make sure you backup your SD's files before you do this, of course, as it will format your SD.) Then, if you had previously backed up a NAND dump that's running 9.2, you can restore it to the EmuNAND using EmuNAND9's "Restore file to EmuNAND" inside of "EmuNAND Manager Options". This skips the downgrading process.
  • Download the "DSTWO+ Gateway Simulator files". Copy the "_dstwoplug" folder directly into the root of the DSTWO+ microSD, and, inside of the "GW_Ultra_3.4.1" folder, copy the Launcher.dat to the root of your 3DS's SD, NOT your DSTWO's microSD.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Do not use any other version of Gateway's Launcher.dat, as it may BRICK your Supercard DSTWO+. ONLY use the 3.4.1 supplied.

• Change your boot configuration to autoboot EmuNAND. I'm using A9LH Luma3DS, so I can change my boot configuration by holding Select while booting. Then, I can untick "Autoboot SysNAND", for it to default to autobooting EmuNAND. This varies depending on your setup.
  • On EmuNAND, install Gateway CIA. Because MSET nor the browser exploit will work on the New 3DS, this was the only way I could get Gateway to launch. Be sure to inject your preferred CIA installer into H&S if you haven't already.
  • Finally, start your Supercard DSTWO+, and open the GW_SIMULATOR plugin that should appear next to your other plugins. Once you do that, you'll be shown a menu that looks like this.
dlmdO5r.png

Press A.
RelKhOp.png

Select your console Type. I have a New 3DS, so I choose that.
xe8umJC.png

Then, select your region. There's only one selection, so just press A.
WW5RR1V.png

When this finishes, press A, and it will kick you out to the Power Off screen. This is completely normal.
M6LDskl.png

Just press home.
0nWOtZ3.png

Now, open Gateway CIA.
hxvnLXZ.png

The trademark Gateway dragon.
EH8QU5v.png

Once Gateway CIA has finished, it'll appear like there's no cartridge in. Now, press Select.
Q5b7gGv.png

This is the Gateway menu. It displays all the .3ds files that are on the root of your DSTWO+'s microSD. Press A to select the game.
KRfO0EU.png

And there you have it. That's how you use the DSTWO+'s Gateway Simulator. You'll have to go through this process every time you reboot.

If you have any questions, or requests to edit the OP, please let me know and I will do my best to help.​

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
What we really could do with Gateway with DSTWO+ Simulator, now that would be way better! also I thought the DSTWO+ could play 3ds roms I thought that was the point of the plus bit in DSTWO so why go to all that trouble every time you reboot your 3ds.

Last edited by Reecey,

Blundermann

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why was this thread created? We have guides already existing, and now there is better way to use a supercard
There really isn't a point to it, because I already have an A9LH CFW, but I wanted to figure out how to get it working because it's the defining feature between the DSTWO and the Plus. The existing guides required the use of MSET or Browserhax, both of which don't work on a New 3DS.

I created the guide because it took me a while to figure out how to do, and I felt that it might benefit other DSTWO+ owners.
You may not find it helpful, but that doesn't mean the guide shouldn't exist.

Reactions: suparnemo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it