Hacking COMPLETED Guide: How to uodate your games without updating the device

ogioto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry for late response, but I was away for a while. This guide is no longer relevant with the newer versions of the FW and the fact that games started to require certain FW to work. If there is admin or moderator reading this, please lock the thread. I suggest not deleting it, because we may need it again for something, if wte find newer method. Thanks to everybody who devoted some time on this thread, even if it wasn't actual anymore.

learjet60xr

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Okay, I've decided to create this guide for the people who want to updste their games, but not the consoles.
The guide is for people who find too hard to deal with the dns settings. I've made it for few friends of mine, who aren't good with hardware and software terminology and stuff and decided to post it also here.
This guide is oriented for the single palyer games at this point, because there aren't lots of multiplayer games for now. Also, the guide is for wifi connections, I don't have a lan adapter to experiment with, but if somebody got one and know how to make the trick- don't wait, post it here :P

1. You must have a wireless conection which have already used once with the device.
2. Go to the System settings>Internet>Internet settings
3. When it load the list, it will separate it. In the part with "Registered Networks" you should find and choose your network.
4. On the menu that will appear choose "Change Settings"
5. At the bottom you will see an option called "Connect Automatically". Switch it to off
6. If you were connected to the network and have the device update downloaded on the console, but not installed, you can do a total shutdown on the console (hold the power button, choose " Power Options" and then Power Off. This will delete the device update file and wouldn't be prompted to update until the next time the update is downloaded. If you weren't connected to the network and don't have the device update prepared.
7. Start the console, without connecting it to the network, and press the minus button while you are on the tab of the game you want to update.
8. On the menu that appeared, there's a tab named "Software Update" an in it option "Via the internet" that you should choose.
9. Choose your network when the list is loaded.
10. It will start to download your game update. When finished and the game is ready, repeat step 6 before anything else, just to assure yourself that there's no update on the system and you have no longer connection trough which it could be downloaded.

Sorry if there are any mistakes, I'm writing this from my phone due to the fact I'm so sick, I can't even go to my pc...
I hope it will help somebody.

That is not working for me, the nag goes away when I enter maintenance mode out of CFW in AutoRCM since I can't do it otherwise as I had to downgrade but every time I try to update a game even manually even blocking the DNS I get the system update notification without any other choice. :(

Darklinkreturns

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is not working for me, the nag goes away when I enter maintenance mode out of CFW in AutoRCM since I can't do it otherwise as I had to downgrade but every time I try to update a game even manually even blocking the DNS I get the system update notification without any other choice. :(
The last post in this thread was almost a year ago.

Darklinkreturns

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any way you can post here any suggestions for getting updates? like any web sites you know they work? or any chance you can private message me? Thanks!
No, that would be against gbatemps rules, even though PM. It should be easy enough to find what sites to use elsewhere

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol newegg+