Hacking Guide: How to put PS 1 games onto your CFW PSP

Kouen Hasuki

Coffee Addict
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
This question has been asked of me a few times and I thought id make a Guide on it with images to help!

What you will need is

* Your PSP (With Custom Firmware)
* A USB Data Cable
* WinRAR Available Here (If your unsure of what OS you are running pick the 32 Bit version)
* The Game you want to play

OK! Lets Begin!

First Connect your PSP by USB to your computer and if the System does not do this by itself put it in USB Mode yourself.

* Open your PSP inside windows like so and double click to open the Rar you downloaded (In this example I'm Using Alien Trilogy). if you do not see the same icon as in my screenshot install WinRAR and check again:

Stepone.jpg

* Once you have opened the RAR File you should see something like this, Now on your PSP go into the PSP Folder:

Steptwo.jpg

* And now into the Game Folder:

Stepthree.jpg

Now We want to Click and hold and Drag the folder from the WinRAR Window into the Game folder as shown in the image

StepFour.jpg

* You will see a "Decompressing Window" then a Windows Will Show its moving files, This is Normal

StepFive.jpg

* When it completes you should see this now to make sure the game is in there correctly enter the folder

StepSix.jpg

* You should see this (sometimes there will be an extra keys.bin this is normal for some releases)

StepSeven.jpg

* If you see the above you have put the game correctly onto your PSP. Disconnect your PSP from your computer go to the "Game" Section in your PSP and Select "Memory Stick" In the list of games should be your PlayStation 1 game you wanted to play!

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
all this show is how to COPY a pre-made ps1 eboot to you Memory stick to the PSP's GAME folder

no info on how to MAKE a REAL Ps1 eboot with a REAL PS1 game
no info on how to make an image of a game , with an app like imgburn
no info on how use a Popstation app to make you eboot
no info on how to setup Popsloader

it just show
"get you game"
copy this file here
then play

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Wow !
A tutorial on how to extract, copy and paste a file !
This is really good in case you need to improve your drag and drop skills.
Thank you.

remlei

Trophies
XP
Country
lol. I was expecting that this tutorial will use popstation gui, totally a how to copy downloaded warez games to your PSP.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
lol. I was expecting that this tutorial will use popstation gui, totally a how to copy downloaded warez games to your PSP.

Command line popstation.exe for the win. And i'm saying that as a clueless noob in matters of the little black box of mystery. popstation, mp3split and SoX is about the beginning and end of my "mad cmd skillz" but generally if you can avoid a GUI do so.

remlei

Trophies
XP
Country
im sure that the popstation GUI doing the same purpose as you use the CLI version, I mean the GUI converts those instruction into CLI command and execute it.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
im sure that the popstation GUI doing the same purpose as you use the CLI version, I mean the GUI converts those instruction into CLI command and execute it.

According to reliable sources which have now long since died, no they don't. For whatever reason the GUI's break more games than the plain exe's.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: