OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is a really quick guide for anyone who wants to make custom icons and backgrounds for the awesome carousel view in Loadiine GX2! It's so simple I'm not even going to post loads of explanatory images, its not necessary!

Examples:
SNES
QAsgBnB.jpg
N64
bAUqeNA.jpg
NES
<in progress>
DS
<in progress>

Icons:
Your icon must be in TGA format, I have found that 140x140px is a fairly decent size (similar to original) to make legible and uniform squares (although you can actually alter the dimensions to suit your needs!)

Decide on your preferred look: box art/label art/custom images and stick to one theme for each selection... or do what you like: its all about customization!

I chose label art for N64 as its the most striking and visually appealing to me, where as I chose the box art for SNES as I felt it was more uniform and interesting.

I got my box art from a variety of sources including:
http://www.gametdb.com/
http://www.thecoverproject.net/
..and good old google images > search tools > size: large/medium! "<game name> box art" or <game name> cover art" works well!

Then use this simple online conversion site to convert to TGA at 140 x 140! Its that simple!
http://image.online-convert.com/convert-to-tga

Name the file iconTex.tga and you're ready to put it in your meta folder!

Backgrounds:
In order to give my selection some uniformity, I went for a simple background logo for each format to denote what format the game was for from a distance. Originally I wanted a still from in-game behind each one but I found it messy, impractical to choose a decent image and too time consuming for what is just a selection screen.

Whatever you decide the image must be 1280x720px and again TGA format, use this website to convert online: http://image.online-convert.com/convert-to-tga

Name your file bootTvTex.tga and you're ready to drop it in your meta folder!

Other Meta Files:
Although there is no need for these files just yet you can just use existing files from dumped injects/eShop content to bulk out your meta ready. These include:
bootDrcTex.tga = gamepad logo (doesnt do anyting yet)
bootLogoTex.tga = boot logo (doesnt do anything in loadiine yet)
bootSound.btsnd = boot sound (could be great for loadiine per game in future!)
bootmovie.h264 = short "Wii U" ripple logo (not used yet in loadiine but could be very customizable!)

Naming convention:
Keep it simple, or keep it legit. TITLEID6 is recommended so for example [ABCD12] for simplicity. Game ID's can be legitimately found in a variety of places so purists can have real game ID's with their back ups. I prefer to invent my own so for N64 mine would be named: [FZXN64] for F-Zero X and [DK6401] for Donkey Kong 64 (padded due to number of letters). The choice and method is up to you but if you then want to use 2D cover art the TITLEID6 has to match the box art name. As an example my F-zero 2D box art would need to be named "FZXN64.JPG".

The titleID can be found and generated by looking in the meta.xml, last 4 and last 2 digits form the TitleID6.

<product_code type=”string” length=”32″>WUP-P-AYCP</product_code>
<company_code type=”string” length=”8″>0001</company_code>

[AYCP01]
Source: wiiubrew.net

Downloads:
Feel free to use the ones I have made as a template, or even better improve them, and add to them! These are a selection of game that I am currently playing or will play in the near future: not every game. I will not include any dumped/copyright files in these: all files uploaded were made from images online and converted to work.

SNES META FILES: Here or Here
N64 META FILES: Here or Here
NES META FILES: NES bootTVTex.tga = http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=05144924945619428144
DS META FILES: DS bootTvTex.tga = http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=00268032686763630695
GBA : GBA bootTvTex.tga = http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=62819835438086199962

Variety pack Part 1: http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=86483873727264473635

Requests:
If you don't have time to make these sorts of thing, then drop a request and I'm sure someone here (if not me) will pick it up when they have 10 mins to spare.

@dimok for Loadiine GX2
@Marionumber1 for Kexploits

Last edited by KiiWii,

brienj

Trying to avoid getting cancer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for sharing the Meta files, but your SNES Meta Files file is corrupted or something. It was only 20 bytes when I downloaded it.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for sharing the Meta files, but your SNES Meta Files file is corrupted or something. It was only 20 bytes when I downloaded it.

I though it uploaded way to quick, I'll fix them in a bit....

EDIT yup even my rar here is corrupt, ill re-upload fresh a bit later...

Last edited by KiiWii,
Reactions: brienj

KiiWii

Editorial Team
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Reactions: Duckling

brienj

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Let me know if there are any games icons you want me to make for you if you need.

Uploading now mate
Sure thing, thanks a lot for this. Right now I only have about 50 - 60 of them, not sure how many more I will get, but you've probably done the majority of the ones I have so far. I will check a little later and see if there are any missing though.

Reactions: Duckling

KiiWii

Editorial Team
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sure thing, thanks a lot for this. Right now I only have about 50 - 60 of them, not sure how many more I will get, but you've probably done the majority of the ones I have so far. I will check a little later and see if there are any missing though.

Lol I have done only about 15 so far for SNES.

I literally selected the games I will play for now.

I'm happy to knock up a load for you though bud.

brienj

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Lol I have done only about 15 so far for SNES.

I literally selected the games I will play for now.

I'm happy to knock up a load for you though bud.
Well, only 12 of mine are SNES, the majority are NES, and I have a few N64 and GBA ones. I am pretty sure you will have the majority of my SNES ones, especially if they are the more popular ones. :)

The background image is the most important, because you can tell at a quick glance what type of game it is, I don't mind filling in a couple game icons here and there. ;)

Reactions: KiiWii

brienj

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
If you really feel froggy, here is everything I have right now. It's pretty possible that some other people might have the same exact files. Just a guess I have. ;)

VC-List.jpg

KiiWii

Editorial Team
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Last edited by KiiWii,

[^Blark^]

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have played Jurassic Park on SNES 24/7 since I found out about injects. Never finished it as a kid, now loving it, but its god awful! LOL
getting chomped by the T-Rex is cool or being stomped out by the triceratops. I used to love this game. the interior of buildings suck tho xD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I think it was some newer games and probably poorly optimized PS4 or PS5 ports
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    they definitely will age better but i feel dlss might outweigh that since it looks about as good as native resolution and much less demanding
    +1
    When I played Cyberpunk on my old 2080 Ti it sucked lol
    AMD could introduce something comparable to DLSS but nvidia's got a lot more experience with that
    least amd 7xxx has tensor cores which the previous generations didn't so there is the potential for AI upscaling
    They have FSR or whatever it's called and yeah it's still not great
    so AMD seem to finally be starting to take AI seriously
    Oh yeah those new 8000 CPUs have AI cores built in that's interesting
    Maybe they plan on offloading to the CPU?
    Would be kinda cool to have the CPU and GPU working in random more
    Tandem even
    i think i heard of that, it's a good idea, shouldn't need a dedicated GPU just to run a LLM or video upscaling
    even the nvidia shield tv has AI video upscaling
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    Yeah I think Nvidia s future lays in AI GPU acceleration stuff if they can get that going it's going to be super interesting in the long term
    AI assisted game creation might become a thing
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: AI assisted game creation might become a thing