Homebrew [Guide] How to install GBA cias (using reiNAND)

DQScott95

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw that someone posted a guide with some wrong information telling people to install the GBA games to the NAND (THIS IS WRONG)

This little guide is assuming you already have FBI on your home menu for both your syNAND and emuNAND
Here guys:

Step 1. Download the specified patched AGB file for your 3ds model (you could also download a GBA cia to test install so you dont have to put your SD card back in your computer after this is complete)

Step 2. Put the patched AGB file on your SD card (i put all my cia files on a folder called cia)

Step 3. While you still have your SD card in your comp, if you dont already have it, go and download the FBI cia to install onto your system.

Now that you have all the required files on your SD card you are ready.

Step 4. Now insert your SD card back into your 3DS and load up the Homebrew launcher. From here launch pastacfw (or minipasta which i prefer) to boot into your sysNAND with cfw patches

Step 5. You should already have the FBI cia installed onto your sysNAND but of not then you need to inject it into your health and saftey app (you can find a guide on here somewhere). So you should be in sysNAND with pasta patches applied at this point. Launch the FBI channel and install the patched AGB_FIRM file to your --->"NAND"<--- by pressing L to switch the install destination.

Step 6. If you want to install a GBA cia you have downloaded at this point then go ahead and continue after installing the AGB to NAND, press L to switch back over to installing to your SD and install the GBA game to your --->"SD"<---

Step 7. Now launch into reiNAND and then boot up the FBI channel you should already have on your home menu

Step 8. Install the patched AGB again to your "NAND" (yes it must be on both your sysNAND and emuNAND)

Step 9. Now install the same GBA game you installed on your sysNAND onto your emuNAND (MAKE SURE TO SWITCH BACK TO INSTALL TO SD)

So to sum it all up, you should have the patched AGB file installed on both your syNAND and emuNAND to the NAND through FBI (FBI must be launched from home screen for proper permission to install CIA files).

You then must install whatever GBA game you want to the SD portion in FBI in both the sysNAND AND the emuNAND. You should then be able to play your GBA games on your emuNAND :D

DO NOT INSTALL THE GBA GAMES ONTO YOUR NAND!!! MAKE SURE YOU ARE INSTALLING THEM TO YOUR SD!!!

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
DO NOT INSTALL THE GBA GAMES ONTO YOUR NAND!!! MAKE SURE YOU ARE INSTALLING THEM TO YOUR SD!!!

huh? don't you supposed to install it on both nand as you stated in the previous line
You then must install whatever GBA game you want to the SD portion in FBI in both the sysNAND AND the emuNAND. You should then be able to play your GBA games on your emuNAND :D

HeyItsJono

Breath of Fresh Heir
Trophies
XP
Country
Reactions: Garou

DarkRioru

reach for the stars
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
I tried installing gba games to my n3ds and I fucked up soft bricking my emunand and I have been trying for the past 3 days to get my emunand up and working... I need a way to boot into my emunand so I can unlink menuhax from it or just format the emunand entirely... is there a way I can format my emunand while on sysnand or get onto emunand without my console freezing at the reinand splash screen so I can change my theme in emunand to delete menuhax from it??? sorry to bump this tutorial like this but, I really want to get my emunand back so I can continue making my list of pokemon rom hack cia's

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I tried installing gba games to my n3ds and I fucked up soft bricking my emunand and I have been trying for the past 3 days to get my emunand up and working... I need a way to boot into my emunand so I can unlink menuhax from it or just format the emunand entirely... is there a way I can format my emunand while on sysnand or get onto emunand without my console freezing at the reinand splash screen so I can change my theme in emunand to delete menuhax from it??? sorry to bump this tutorial like this but, I really want to get my emunand back so I can continue making my list of pokemon rom hack cia's
Copy sysNAND->emuNAND again with emuNAND9.

Robert McCoy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I REALLY wished I saw this guide a month ago when I followed a guide that told me to install the gba games to the NAND portion and I bricked my n3ds small version.. I had a backup of the nand.bin though so eventually it'll get fixed but yeah it sucked hard.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I hate myself