Tutorial  Updated

How to fix Switch games not booting after a FW/CFW update

Good day, Temp community.

Currently, both Nintendo and the Homebrew community have been releasing a lot of updates in regards to their firmware and custom firmware versions, respectively.
While some times the transition between one version and the other goes by smoothly, some other times this transition becomes obnoxious, with some installed titles not working after updating.
This tutorial aims to bring all the possible solutions for such a thing into just one place, so that hopefully everyone who might be experiencing these kind of issues can reference this guide, and fix the problem of their games not booting after an update.

NOTE: Words in bold are most usually hyperlinks to the required application! Be sure to hover your mouse over it to go to the download page for it.

PROBLEM

Basically, what this boils down to, is that after updating either the official Nintendo firmware, or updating Atmosphere/Deep Sea to the newest release available, some titles refuse to boot with a "The software was closed due to an error" message, or a black screen on boot.

NOTE: This guide assumes you already had the game working BEFORE the update!

If the game is being installed for the first time and it doesn't boot, then:
  • Try another installation of the game from "another" source. Most likely, it could be a corrupted dump, or just a plain bad dump altogether. (Do this before installing updates)
  • The previous step also applies to any updates/DLC the game might have. I recommend trying to launch the base game without updates first, and if it boots, then install the updates/DLC
  • Try using an XCI converted to NSP. I recommend doing this in case you have no other option or if any of the installations you have are not working for some reason
Now for games that were previously working before the update of either firmware or CFW, there are several things that could be tried, which will be all listed here in order of most easy to do, to the most extreme of cases. But before that, let's do some preparations:

PREPARATIONS

Required appsIdentify the problematic game

1. First off, you may need some of the following apps:

2. We need to identify which game(s) in particular is the one that refuses to boot. Once you have identified the game, you need to do the following steps:

• Backup the installed game and its updates/DLCs using nxdumptool. (NOTE: Only do this if your game was working before the firmware update!)
    • Hover over the problematic game on your main menu, and hit the + Button. Then, go to "Manage software" and select "Delete software".
      This will delete the entire game, along with its update and DLC from the console.

POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS

Now that you have done your preparations, let's hop unto the proper steps to attempt to fix the issue at hand:

Disable overlays/cheatsLeftover Atmosphere SettingsRemove game modsUpdate Atmosphere/Deep SeaUpdate the sigpatchesBoot into Maintenance Modenosigchk" line inside "hekate_ipl.iniFix Archive bitDelete the game's ticketInstall game with a different InstallerInstall another dump of the game from "a different source"Backup the Nintendo folder and reinstall the gameUninstall through TinfoilReset required update version with DBI

1. The very first and easiest solution to try out is to disable all overlays and/or dmnt cheats that could be affecting the game.
    To test this, I recommend renaming the entirety of the overlay-related stuff with a different folder name, or just plain out delete it to be sure it's no longer there.
    Also, disable all possible cheats for the failing game. You could also delete the entirety of the cheats folders to be sure those are not affecting the game at all.

2. Sometimes, we update Atmosphere from revision to revision, without caring much about certain settings being enabled or disabled automatically between versions.
    Most new Atmosphere versions don't usually modify anything related to the system settings file that Atmosphere reads for certain features, and using an old "system_settings" file with stuff enabled can sometimes make it so that you use certain features (like cheats) even though they don't seem enabled at first glance. Be sure to check this file, and be absolutely sure that only the things you want enabled are actually enabled.

As an example, a user was having issues booting Xenoblade with the sigpatches, only to notice that the "system_settings" file had an extra ";" written making cheats enabled by default. By removing it, it made cheats be disabled on start and allowed the game to start properly:
    Code:
    ; default. 1 = toggled on by default, 0 = toggled off by default.
    ; dmnt_cheats_enabled_by_default = u8!0x0

NOTE: Do NOT touch the "power_menu_reboot_function" line or else you might get issues booting into Atmosphere!

3. The second thing to try (and one most people forget about when updating their console) is to remove any, or all game specific mods that might have ben installed previously.
    Some people just flat out forget that they installed a mod of some kind on a cetain game, and when you update, this mod might no longer be compatible with the installed game and the patches. There's also the possibility that whatever hack/mod was installed could be obsolete by the time of the applied update.

Remove all mods installed, and ONLY when you know that the base game and its official updates/DLCs are working with the latest FW/CFW/sigpatches versions, THEN try applying back whatever mod you had for that game. If the game doesn't boot after applying the mods back, then ask the mod developer to update the mod for the newest stuff.

4. This step should be self-explantory.
    Grab the latest releases of either Atmosphere or Deep Sea and update your entire CFW setup and copy everything to the root of the SD.
    I recommend deleting the entire folders related to their previous installs before copying to the SD card, to be sure no remnant of the previous install remains.

5. To update the signature patches, you will have to choose one of two options, depending on whether you are booting Atmosphere through fusee-primary as your payload, or if you are booting Atmosphere/Deep Sea through Hekate.
    Here's the required methods for updating the sigpatches depending on your setup:

• Atmosphere + fusee-primary: If you are using a direct payload boot method (fusée-primary sent as payload), or alternatively, if you are using Hekate with "payload=fusée-primary", you need to use the "fusée" package signature patches for fusée-primary, and paste the /atmosphere/ folder provided in the download to the root of your SD, merging with the already existing Atmosphere folder.
      You can get the latest sigpatches for fusee-primary from the following links:
    • Atmosphere/Deep Sea + Hekate/fusee-secondary: If you are using Deep Sea, then the most likely case is that Hekate comes boots with "fss0=fusée-secondary". In said case, you need to use the "hekate" package signature patches from ShadowOne333's thread (which uses fusée-secondary for booting) and paste the files to the root of your SD, merging with the already existing installation folder.
      You can get the latest sigpatches for Hekate from the following links:

6. Sometimes having a game that just refuses to boot can be fixed by booting into Maintenance mode without doing anything else. To access Maintenance mode:

• Power off your console
    • Get your payloads ready to inject
    • When injecting the payload, press and hold volume + and - (when booting the console up).
    • Once you reach the Maintenance Mode menu, reboot the console.
    • Boot normally as you would to play
    • Test your game

A video tutorial about how to access Maintenance Mode (starts at 0:48):

7. Some users sometimes hnadle their setup in the wrong order, which ends up in some key files needed for signature patches to work properly being missing in the setup.
    This can be caused if you download the sigpatches first, and then you try to update Hekate, which can overwrite the "hekate_ipl.ini" file from the sigpatches pack, which has a important config line to make the sigpatches work on boot properly.

This can be easily resolved by opening the file called "hekate_ipl.ini" inside the /bootloader/ folder, and check if it has a line that says "kip1patch=nosigchk".
    Make sure that line is added into whatever CFW you are booting into, be it sysNAND or emuNAND.
    If said line is there, then this might most lkely not be the issue, but if it isn't, be sure to add it right undr the payload=**** line.

8. Sometimes when handling the Switch's SD card files, some of the files can get their Archive bit removed automatically, which may cause the Switch to no longer recognize said files (like the ones inside the Nintendo folder). This can happen when handling the SD's data in other OS, like Linux or Mac (and sometimes even on Windows too).

This can be easily resolved by fixing the archive bit on the files on the SD card.
    Fixing that archive bit with Hekate 5.3.3 or above (Under the "Tools" option) effectively restores said bit to all your SD Card's files for Switch usage.

9. Even if you delete the game manually, the console still holds the ticket for the game, update and DLCs. What you will be required to do now is to open up your NSP installer of preference, it can be Goldleaf, Awoo, Tinleaf or Tinfoil, and delete the ticket for the problematic game (The location of the option changes from installer to installer)
    Once the ticket has been erased, try reinstalling the game and its updates/DLCs.

10. Try installing the game with a different installer than what you used previously (Goldleaf, Awoo, Tinleaf).
    Some people have reported that using a different NSP installer helps them in this kind of situations.
    Do this only in the event in which none of the previous points have worked to do so.

11. This basically means getting another dump of the game that's failing from elsewhere.
    I cannot directly mention where, but some couple of searches online will point you in the right direction.
    Once you obtain another dump of the game you want to install, try installing it, alongside its updates/DLCs if wanted.

12. This step is a little weird. It hasn't been as thoroughly tested, but it could certainly be possible to fix this issue with this method.

1. Browse to the root of your SD card
    2. Navigate to the "Nintendo" folder
    3. Make a copy of the "Nintendo" folder in your SD, or simply rename it to something like "Ninbak" or whatever.
    4. Let your Switch create a new "Nintendo" folder
    5. Once a new Nintendo folder has been created, go ahead and try to install the problematic game (keep the title ID of that game handy)
    6. When the installation finish, test if your game boots.
    7. If the game boots, you are basically done.

Remember the game's title ID mentioned in Step 5?
    Now we need to find the folder that matches that game title ID inside the Nintendo folder that you backed up or renamed at the very beginning (Ninbak).
    Once you do, do the following:

1. After locating the game's folder inside the "Nintendo" folder, go to your "Ninbak" (or your backed up/renamed Nintendo folder) and start moving over all of the other game's from said backup folder into the new main Nintendo folder. Copy everything EXCEPT the folder with the failing game. That will make it so that you are restoring all of the other working games, and only leave behind the failing game from the old installation.
    2. Once everything has been moved over, test each game out and make sure they all work
    3. If the game still refuses to boot, try out another method

13. Download Tinfoil and uninstall the game using Tinfoil. (Since I'm not sure if Tinfoil itself is allowed here, simple google "Tinfoil download" an the first link should be it)
    While I usually discourage the use of anything related to Tinfoil, only use this as a last resort in case none of the previous steps have worked.
    There's an option inside Tinfoil once you select a game to uninstall it, try selecting this option from within the app, under "Installed", select the broken game and then select "Uninstall".

14. NOTE: DevMenu is no longer compatible with firmware 10.0 or above!
    Use an app called DBI instead!

Sometimes, even if you delete everything related to the game from the Switch's data management or through the + Button option, some remnants of the game are still left on the Switch console.

For this, we used to utilize the SDK tool DevMenu, but starting from 9.2.0 and onwards, DevMenu no longer works on those firmwares. Instead, we will be using an app called DBI, which you can get from this link:
    https://github.com/rashevskyv/dbi/releases
    https://github.com/julesontheroad/NSC_BUILDER/tree/master/py/Documentation and Resources/DBI

Download the called _kefir.7z and copy the DBI.nro file from inside /base/switch into your /switch folder on your SD. Then, open the Homebrew Launcher and follow these steps:

Reset Required Version:
    1. Open the program
    2. Select Browse installed applications
    3. Select a game that you need, press A
    4. Press - button to delete an update that you don't want (for example)
    5. Press A again and click Reset required version.
    If resetting the required version doesn't work you could try to Delete everything related to the game, just make sure you backup the game itself and the Update/DLC with nxdumptool before Deleting the data of said game with DBI.

For this, you will need an SDK tool Information called DevMenu. Since this app itself is from the official Nintendo SDK, I cannot post links here, but you can find the required NSP for it online if you search for "DevMenu 6.x Definitive Edition_v2.zip" and you should be able to find it, the file is around 15-16MB in size.

Once you get the NSP for DevMenu, install it in your Switch with any NSP installer, and then browse in the "Applications" tab for the broken game at hand.
    Once you have located the game, highlight it and press either - or +, and then go to the "Manage" option.
    From here you have two options:

1. Reset RequiredVersion: If you select this, the game should be able to boot without any update or DLC, just the plain base game (that's of couse, assuming the game DOESN'T require a day-one update to even boot). After this, you can run base game without update after clearing the update requirement from DevMenu. This can help to pinpoint if the installation at fault is either the base game, the update or the DLC.
    2. Delete: Highlight the installation of the selected game that you want to delete from the console. You can choose from either the base game, its updates, or its DLC. Select what you consider proper in your case, but if you want to completely remove everything for that game to start a fresh install, delete all installations of ONLY that game.

It is recommended to apply both instances in the DevMenu to ensure the console has no traces left of the game in it.
    However, some things like tickets and so can still be left behind, even when deleting everything using the DevMenu.

LAST RESORT

If nothing from the previous list worked for you, there are still a couple of options you can try.
However, take into consideration that the following steps should be saved ONLY as a last resort and only for the most extreme cases!

Initialize ConsoleComplete backup, clean and restore

1. This option doesn't necessarily mean a full-on format of the whole Switch console, but merely the option that is labelled as "Initialize console".
    Before doing this, I recommend the following:

• Backup ALL of your game saves with Edizon
    • Backup ALL your installed titles with nxdumptool (make sure you have enough space in your SD to backup all your games)
    • Download a fresh and latest Atmosphere/Deep Sea install
    • Don't forget to also download the FS/ES/ACID sigpatches from Shadow's sigpatch thread

Go to Settings -> Formatting Options -> Initialize Console.
    This option will basically re-initialize your console to some sort of factory state (more or less a factory reset).
    Note that this will NOT erase your SD card contents! It will only erase anything related to the "Nintendo" folder inside your console.
    Anything else outside the /Nintendo/ folder will remain untouched by the initialization.

Once you are done re-initializating your console (as if it were a 1st time boot of the Switch), re-install your games and restore their saves, and try launching each and every game to make sure they all work properly.

2. This method involves backing up EVERYTHING in your microSD card, then cleaning it entirely, reinstalling a clean CFW and/or sigpatches, then restoring everything. If the "Initialize console" doesn't work for you, then you could attemp this one as a 2nd last resort option. (Method courtesy of @Drewcifer )

1. Backup your SD card
    2. Delete all files from SD card
    3. Download a fresh copy of your CFW and sigpatches (Atmosphere / Deep Sea)
    4. Extract the CFW+sigpatches files and send everything to your SD card
    5. Put your backed up game/save data back into your SD card
    6. Put SD card back into Switch after safely ejecting it from computer
    7. Try out the problematic game(s)

Final comments

I have tried to gather as much data and info I could regarding all the possible errors and black screens that many people have gotten after several firmware and custom firmware updates on their consoles.

Do take into consideration that despite the many possible solutions listed here, one might work for you, and the others might not.
Every installation and console is different depending on how you're tinkered with it and what you have installed over time.

The best solution that many people seem to be having the best results for is the most insane one of all, the "Initialize Console" option.
The only drawback of this is that you are pretty much required to reinstall both your games, updates and DLCs and the saves for each one of them.

If you do find a way or method that worked for you that is not listed in this tutorial, please be sure to comment about it in detail, and I will try to add it to the list asap.

Hope this helps anyone that has the same kind of issue!

Last edited by ShadowOne333,

Lupi

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hi; i dont really know where to post this but i have a problem with AC NH.

I installed the game and the update1.4.2+Dlc using Awoo and Goldleaf (tried with both just in case) through Ns Usbloader but when i start the game it gets stuck loading in the nintendo black screen (the one with Nintendo Logo and switch logo), the console doesn't freeze because can hit home and close the game.

All other games function fine; i even installed the new Paper Mario and works fine.

I already updated sigpatches, and Atmosphere to latest version.

Im running:
FW: 9.1.0
AMS: 0.14.1
EMUNAND
Sd exfat 128gb cluster:128

I'm thinking i should update the FW with Choi but i don't understand very well how the AutoRCM works and that's why i haven't done it already.

hiroakihsu

SUPREME LURKER OF THE WORLD
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Im running:
FW: 9.1.0
AMS: 0.14.1
EMUNAND
Sd exfat 128gb cluster:128

I'm thinking i should update the FW with Choi but i don't understand very well how the AutoRCM works and that's why i haven't done it already.

You should definitely update to latest FW if you want to install latest game updates/dlcs...You can use Daybreak homebrew included with latest atmosphere to upgrade (you don't have to enable autorcm either when you upgrade); also please consider reformatting your sd to fat32 as exfat is extremely prone to corruption, which in turn can cause games to not run.

Askot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Great user guide, helped me a lot, thanks!!

I was trying to update from 9.0.1 (AMS 0.9.4) to 10.1.0 (AMS 0.14.1), and was so afraid to get a very expensive brick, there was a lot of updates from 0.9.4 to 10.1.0 and my switch didn't start after updating last time I tried.

This was my setup:

-Hekate ctcaer 5.0.2
-Atmosphere 0.9.4
-Switch firmware: 9.0.1

I was trying to update to Atmosphere 0.10.1, but there were many changes so I didn't wanted to take any risk (big mistake), but I decided to update because there are new options that I wanted to try (and games).

After a few tries, it worked (0.10.1) still on CFW 9.0.1, but a crazy racing game looked weird (oversized) and I desisted to update, then back to 0.9.4.

Two or three weeks later, second try: Same crazy racing game and now testing with another game, a male swordman elf and the results: It get an overpowered start, cheats were enabled from start. Time to read what was happening, the reason: AMS changed to use some config files in folders, better structured, but enabled cheats at start.

Now, cheats were disabled, everything was working time to update firmware to 9.1.0... done through ChoiDujourNX and downloading firmware folder (search for switch firmware), rebooted and then Hekate worked (v 5.1.1), atmosphere working, woohoo!!.

Why not to update to 10.1.0 to get latest firmware? Again, I updated firmware through ChoiDujourNX (checked +), updated hekate (cheked +) and atmoshpere (cheked +), reboot and I got a new screen for Hekate, mmm ok, not bad, launching firmware, and NO, It didn't woked, what was missing this time? a lot of things, I get a message that said: no sighchk, after searching I finally get to here and discover that patches were missing for /bootloader/patches.ini (they are in your packs), THANKS A LOT, seriously, THANKS!

Hekate starts, AMS starts, CFW starts?, YEESSSS, long trip, uh? Not yet, there were some games not working: crazy racing kart and swordman elf, others games were fine. What was it now? I deleted crazy racing kart game and it's save and reinstall it, and nothing changed then I was going to delete swordman elf and then I thought to compare your sig patches with the one provided here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/sigpatches-for-atmosphere-fusee-primary-only.567542/ and it resulted that some patches (added files and newer version of others) were missing AND .... that's all: patches (again)

Again this tutorial, ChoiDujourNX updating app and few missing patch files (AMS 0.14.1) and now I get a fully updated switch, thanks, thanks, thanks!!!

A BIG HINT: Like @ShadowOne333 said: First update your patches to latest version, this is going to save you a lot of time.

Reactions: ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Great user guide, helped me a lot, thanks!!

I was trying to update from 9.0.1 (AMS 0.9.4) to 10.1.0 (AMS 0.14.1), and was so afraid to get a very expensive brick, there was a lot of updates from 0.9.4 to 10.1.0 and my switch didn't start after updating last time I tried.

This was my setup:

-Hekate ctcaer 5.0.2
-Atmosphere 0.9.4
-Switch firmware: 9.0.1

I was trying to update to Atmosphere 0.10.1, but there were many changes so I didn't wanted to take any risk (big mistake), but I decided to update because there are new options that I wanted to try (and games).

After a few tries, it worked (0.10.1) still on CFW 9.0.1, but a crazy racing game looked weird (oversized) and I desisted to update, then back to 0.9.4.

Two or three weeks later, second try: Same crazy racing game and now testing with another game, a male swordman elf and the results: It get an overpowered start, cheats were enabled from start. Time to read what was happening, the reason: AMS changed to use some config files in folders, better structured, but enabled cheats at start.

Now, cheats were disabled, everything was working time to update firmware to 9.1.0... done through ChoiDujourNX and downloading firmware folder (search for switch firmware), rebooted and then Hekate worked (v 5.1.1), atmosphere working, woohoo!!.

Why not to update to 10.1.0 to get latest firmware? Again, I updated firmware through ChoiDujourNX (checked +), updated hekate (cheked +) and atmoshpere (cheked +), reboot and I got a new screen for Hekate, mmm ok, not bad, launching firmware, and NO, It didn't woked, what was missing this time? a lot of things, I get a message that said: no sighchk, after searching I finally get to here and discover that patches were missing for /bootloader/patches.ini (they are in your packs), THANKS A LOT, seriously, THANKS!

Hekate starts, AMS starts, CFW starts?, YEESSSS, long trip, uh? Not yet, there were some games not working: crazy racing kart and swordman elf, others games were fine. What was it now? I deleted crazy racing kart game and it's save and reinstall it, and nothing changed then I was going to delete swordman elf and then I thought to compare your sig patches with the one provided here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/sigpatches-for-atmosphere-fusee-primary-only.567542/ and it resulted that some patches (added files and newer version of others) were missing AND .... that's all: patches (again)

Again this tutorial, ChoiDujourNX updating app and few missing patch files (AMS 0.14.1) and now I get a fully updated switch, thanks, thanks, thanks!!!

A BIG HINT: Like @ShadowOne333 said: First update your patches to latest version, this is going to save you a lot of time.
Nice!
So basically you updated everything, except the latest patches after updating to Atmos 0.14.1/FW 10.1.0?

Askot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Oh I see.
So you updated from 9.0.1 all the way up to latest 10.1.0, and you didn't have to reinstall any game after you updated the sigpatches?
I updated from 9.0.1 to 9.1.0, first hekate and AMS, then update firmware with choidujournx, then from 9.1.0 to 10.1.0 direct but it wasn't booting for lacking /bootloader/patches.ini for newer firmwares.
Then CFW worked in 10.1.0 but a few games were not booting: some files were missing from your sig versions compared with the ones here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/sigpatches-for-atmosphere-fusee-primary-only.567542/
Here's a screenshot:
upload_2020-9-7_12-18-14.png

After that every game has been working

Last edited by Askot,

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I updated from 9.0.1 to 9.1.0, first hekate and AMS, then update firmware with choidujournx, then from 9.1.0 to 10.1.0 direct but it wasn't booting for lacking /bootloader/patches.ini for newer firmwares.
Then CFW worked in 10.1.0 but a few games were not booting: some files were missing from your sig versions compared with the ones here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/sigpatches-for-atmosphere-fusee-primary-only.567542/
Here's a screenshot:
View attachment 224143
After that every game has been working
Oh so the Hekate patches are missing one patch in particular?
You added that one and then the games that were failing, worked after copying just that specific patch only?

Askot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Oh so the Hekate patches are missing one patch in particular?
You added that one and then the games that were failing, worked after copying just that specific patch only?
From hekate, this files was missing on mines:
upload_2020-9-7_12-23-52.png

CFW was not booting because the lack of this entries:
upload_2020-9-7_12-25-1.png

I was in 9.1.0 and working because previous entries were there, but not newers.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

All remain files were equal:
upload_2020-9-7_12-35-36.png

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
From hekate, this files was missing on mines:
View attachment 224144
CFW was not booting because the lack of this entries:
View attachment 224145
I was in 9.1.0 and working because previous entries were there, but not newers.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

All remain files were equal:
View attachment 224147
Correct me if I'm wrong, but from those, the only one missing is 29CA1C792CF3AB63?
Or do you also mean that the patches.ini file was missing all of the Loader patches in it as well?
(Since I think I can see the IPS files for those being included in the fusee-primary one)

Askot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Correct me if I'm wrong, but from those, the only one missing is 29CA1C792CF3AB63?
Or do you also mean that the patches.ini file was missing all of the Loader patches in it as well?
(Since I think I can see the IPS files for those being included in the fusee-primary one)
29CA1C792CF3AB63: Yes, it was missing in your zip file, after add it to my files, plus with [9857521753F] newer file, after that, games started to boot
patches.ini: it was missing in my files, I toke that file from your [fss0 Signature patches (FW10.1.0) ATM 0.14.1.zip] and CFW started to boot

Last edited by Askot,

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
29CA1C792CF3AB63: Yes, it was missing in your zip file, after add it to my files, plus with [9857521753F] newer file after that games started to boot
patches.ini: it was missing in my files, I toke that file from your [fss0 Signature patches (FW10.1.0) ATM 0.14.1.zip] and CFW started to boot
Oh you're right.
Interestingly enough, 29CA1C792CF3AB63 and 9857521753F are referenced in the patches.ini file, but they're NOT included in the actual IPS files.
So adding both of those IPS files into the Hekate patches could help for certain games not loading up, like in your case.

Reactions: Askot

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have updated the guide to take into consideration game mods when updating, as they also seem to be a factor for games not booting after updating CFW/sigpatches.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
@ShadowOne333 I just found an alternative homebrew app for resetting required version on firmware 10+ you may want to update guide with:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/alternative-to-devmenu-for-9-1-0.557436/page-2#post-9079254
It seems to cone from this GitHub repo:
https://github.com/rashevskyv/switch/releases

Though I can't confirm which zip contains the updated DBI homebrew fir this purpose.
Could you check, please? As I'm currently about to hit the bed and can't access the zip right now.

hiroakihsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Just download _kefir.7z...It's in the base/switch folder.
Awesome, thanks for checking!
I have just updated the OP with the new DBI app instead of DevMenu :)
Does it have an option to delete the game altogether like DevMenu did? Or does it only delete the RequiredUpdate flag?

hiroakihsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Does it have an option to delete the game altogether like DevMenu did? Or does it only delete the RequiredUpdate flag?
It's got everything...Title/update/dlc installation/deletion/reset...Basically another installer app just like awoo/goldleaf.

Last edited by hiroakihsu,

Shozhenkolendevel

Trophies
XP
Country
South Africa
@ShadowOne333 Lifesaver,was having issues after updating to 10.0.1 to play crysis, but then my SPTFBW and AC black flag stopped working, searched for months for a solution and it turned out your method of converting to deepsea and those sigpatches did the trick.

Much appreciated
One more query - Rebel galaxy outlaw releasing today (still waiting) - would these sigpatches work above 10.0.01 if need be?

Thanks in advance

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.