Hacking [GUIDE] Hack your Wii U in less than 1 minute without a computer!

rw-r-r_0644

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Guide will be improved soon; I don't have time now

Requirements:
-A WiiU connected to internet :P
-An SD Card (any sd card is fine)

Instructions:
1. Plug an SD into your WiiU
2. Visit http://wiiubru.com/go on your Wii U and press continue; this will load the Homebrew Appstore (loading times may vary in base of you internet connection; if it takes more than 2 minutes your WiiU is probably crashed, so reboot it and try again)
3. Download the Homebrew Launcher and the apps you wish to have (remember to thank @vgmoose for Homebrew Appstore)

4. Done! You can now launch the Homebrew Launcher (with the SD Card plugged in) by visiting http://wiiubru.com/x (or http://loadiine.ovh choosing Homebrew Launcher 1.3 package) on your WiiU's browser every time you want to use homebrews ;)

Github - Source Code of elf loader from internet (mostly dased on @dimok work)

Credits:

@Cybernatus - php mp4 script (that make launching homebrew possible!) was made by him and was stolen from Kafluke's AIO self-hosting pack
@vgmoose - Homebrew Appstore and much help
@pwsincd - Hosting the homebrew
@dimok - Loadiine sd loader code and dynamic libs
@brienj - Help and code snippets
@QuarkTheAwesome - LiteNESU (on which I based my curl code)

@Marionumber1 - Kernel Exploit

Last edited by rw-r-r_0644,

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Since this is intended for the average layman I guess the question that should be answered alongside these simplified instructions is what does hacking your Wii U allow you to do, at least currently?

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
Since this is intended for the average layman I guess the question that should be answered alongside these simplified instructions is what does hacking your Wii U allow you to do, at least currently?

@rw-r-r_0644 does intend to edit the OP to carry more info.. ..

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Is it possible to backup and decrypt games with this?
... no ...

starfox5194

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmmm. keeps freezing with a black screen on the tv and a video player black screen on my gamepad. tried about 5 times. I have a 2gb sd card that came with original wii.

I never get to the app store.

When I try to go to wiiubrew.com/x then it detects my system version is 5.5.1, a loading screen pops up, and then both screens turn white and it hangs.

I thought I did the firmware spoof a while ago when it came out, but I think my wii u ended up getting updated to 5.5.1

Last edited by starfox5194,

vgmoose

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
So, I love this obviously! :D

It hasn't been discussed yet, but the code that @rw-r-r_0644 is using is located on his github here. It can be modified to make one-clicks for any apps by changing line 76 of entry.c to point to another ELF url. The version at wiiubru.com/go features a "lite" version of HBAS, which has less images and no custom font/music to keep the filesize down.

So far no go will reboot and try again o.o

hmmm. keeps freezing with a black screen on the tv and a video player black screen on my gamepad. tried about 5 times. I have a 2gb sd card that came with original wii.

@rw-r-r_0644 also made a demo page at wiiubru.com/go/test.php (based on sources from loadiine.ovh ). Do you have success with this method? He mentioned wanting to switch over to use that url as the primary one if people get better results.

D

Deleted User

Which Wii U system menus does this work on?
It has only been tested on 5.5.1, but it should theoretically work on firmwares 3.0.0 and above (2.0 firmwares don't have the sndcore2 libs). Firmwares 5.1.1 to 5.3.1 are also out of luck to to the lack of browser entrypoints)

So ever time i tried it, it freezes. at the video loading. i did it 20 times.
I'll check out the code today and see if I can implement anti-freeze measures... (or at least add an exception handler so that we know what actually went wrong)

rw-r-r_0644

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It has only been tested on 5.5.1, but it should theoretically work on firmwares 3.0.0 and above (2.0 firmwares don't have the sndcore2 libs). Firmwares 5.1.1 to 5.3.1 are also out of luck to to the lack of browser entrypoints)

I'll check out the code today and see if I can implement anti-freeze measures... (or at least add an exception handler so that we know what actually went wrong)
Unfortunately, most of the freezes happen when the code has not even start executing; I also found this while testing. It depend on the distance from the server and the internet speed. loadiine.ovh code, found in Kaflukes' AIO kernel exploit, seems to improove success rate a lot, but before using it I have to ask for permission from @Kafluke and @Cybernatus

Reactions: Cybernatus

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: