[GUIDE] Gateshark Codes On Rosalina

Discussion in '3DS - Tutorials' started by Itzumi, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Itzumi
    OP

Itzumi Wiccan 3DS Dev

Jun 27, 2018
    United States
    USA
    Important: This is my first guide here. If there's any errors contact me. This guide is up to date as of August 9, 2018 UPDATED AT 10:28.

With Luma CFW 9.1 came bugfixes and a new, interesting addition to Rosalina, the cheat engine. This new option allows the user to provide cheat codes in the form of GateShark codes to Rosalina for use in games. This guide will go over how you can set up the cheats menu.

Any mentions to 3DS apply to whole 3ds family.

What you will need:
    Latest LumaCFW release (9.1 at writing time)
    (Maybe) Computer/Phone
    (Maybe) A CIA installer

There are two ways to do this:
    1: Sharkive
    2: Manual

If you want to not have to mess with code searching and want things slightly more easy, use Method 1. If you would like to search for codes on the net or you have your own created codes you'd like to transfer, use Method 2. You can even do both if you would like (like me). Be warned though, that Sharkive may not have the cheats you want, as its a community maintained pool.

METHOD 1: Sharkive

1. Grab the latest Sharkive cia from here.

2. With 3DS off, insert the Sd/Micro card into the computer/phone (Or use MicroSD Management on New models).

3. Put the Sharkive cia in whatever folder you put your cias in.

4. Eject/disconnect/unmount the SD/Micro card from the computer/phone/network.

5. Insert it back into the 3DS (Skip if MicroSD Management was used on a New model).

6. Turn on your 3DS.

7. Go into whatever CIA file installer you use.

8. Find the Sharkive CIA and install it.

9. Return to Home and "unwrap the gift".

10. Launch Sharkive.

11. Wait for it to load your games.

12. When you see a list of your games, scroll through and press the A button on games you want to download cheats for (Some cheats might not work or some games might not have cheats available).

13. After your done, close out Sharkive.

14. Launch your desired game and pull up Rosalina.

15. Select the menu option "Cheats"

16. Select the cheats you want to activate by hitting the A button on them.

17. Exit out of Rosalina by pressing the B button until the game is back in focus.

Tada! You have cheats now! You may stop here or continue on if you have your own created cheats or would like to search for cheats across the net!

METHOD/SECTION 2: Manual

1. With 3DS off, insert the Sd/Micro card into the computer/phone (Or use MicroSD Management on New models).

2. Create a folder named "cheats" on the root of your SD/Micro card if it doesn't already exist.

3. Grab your desired cheats and place them in this folder. (Make sure they are in a folder that is named after the Title ID of the game the cheats are for as well)!

4. When finished, eject/disconnect/unmount the SD/Micro card from the computer/phone/network.

5. Launch your desired game and pull up Rosalina.

6. Select the menu option "Cheats"

7. Select the cheats you want to activate by hitting the A button on them.

8. Exit out of Rosalina by pressing the B button until the game is back in focus.

Congrats on following directions! If this guide is outdated, let me know!

Guide up to date as of August 9, 2018

Last edited by Itzumi, Aug 9, 2018
  2. Exannor

Exannor Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 9, 2018
    United States
    Fairly new to the CFW scene as I haven't even gotten my flashcart in the mail yet and I'm still on 11.7.0-40U. But I've been looking mainly for the No outline cheat for US on O3DS and will sharkive work with the O3DS? If not then no worries I've already found a work around, I just want to know if they have that code and if its another, better possibility that I can use.

3. Itzumi
    OP

Itzumi Wiccan 3DS Dev

Jun 27, 2018
    United States
    USA
    Sharkive pulls from a community maintained pool of cheats. Also what game?

4. Exannor

Exannor Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 9, 2018
    United States
    Ultra sun, I called it US in that post, my bad if it was slightly confusing

Itzumi likes this.
  5. Zyvyn

Zyvyn GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 9, 2017
    United States
    unsure then seeing certain plugins are only for new consoles

6. Itzumi
    OP

Itzumi Wiccan 3DS Dev

Jun 27, 2018
    United States
    USA
    doesn't really use plugins. the cheats are stored in plaintext.

7. THYPLEX

THYPLEX GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 20, 2017
    Italy
    Rome
    I'm very Happy to hear about this !

Itzumi likes this.
  8. Chris026

Chris026 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 10, 2018
    United States
    How do I pull up Rosalina?

9. Zyvyn

Zyvyn GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 9, 2017
    United States
    requires running the latest luma 9.1 hold L + Down + Select

Chris026 and Itzumi like this.
  10. kkusagami

kkusagami GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2009
    Malaysia
    Method 1 works but Method 2 failed ,although it can loads up the cheat to activate it but after quit the rosalina menu ,the cheat didn't work in game.

11. Itzumi
    OP

Itzumi Wiccan 3DS Dev

Jun 27, 2018
    United States
    USA
    Some cheats might just not work. Do any other cheats work that were installed through method 2?

12. kkusagami

Sep 14, 2009
    Malaysia
    Nope,i tried up 6 games ,method 2 not even working once on my 3ds, but method 1 works flawlessly.

13. Itzumi
    OP

Itzumi Wiccan 3DS Dev

Jun 27, 2018
    United States
    USA
    Hmm. where'd you get the cheats?

14. kkusagami

Sep 14, 2009
    Malaysia
    from my old gateway red msd card.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I used to created my own cheats with gateway last time.

15. Itzumi
    OP

Itzumi Wiccan 3DS Dev

Jun 27, 2018
    United States
    USA
    It might be an issue with Rosalina. It was just added so I don't really know how to help from here.

16. kkusagami

Sep 14, 2009
    Malaysia
    It is okay ,and thank you for providing this tutorial,i guess i can convert the gateway cheats into the luma cheats format myself to make my own codes to work ,not a big deal.

Itzumi likes this.
  17. ftftt

ftftt Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 2, 2018
    Bahamas, The
    The cheat game menù crash 3ds

18. Itzumi
    OP

Itzumi Wiccan 3DS Dev

Jun 27, 2018
    United States
    USA
    make a thread in the hombrew section and ill help you there

19. Smoker1

Smoker1 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 17, 2015
    United States
    Carmichael, California
    Tried out NSMB2-GE Yesterday after I went from Gateway to Luma3DS. Not sure what is going on, but only the Inf Time Code, and Jump in Midair Code was working. All the rest, nothing.

Until Rosalina Cheat Engine can be worked on, use the ActionReplay plugin.
    This will require Users to Reset the Device every time you want to go into another Game though, which is 1 reason why I hate using Cheat Plugins.
    Also, for N3DS Users I guess, every time you Reset the System, you must Enable the Plugin. From Main Menu, hit L+DPad Down+Select , then Enable the Plugin, then Press B to back out. Suggest waiting about 5-10 Seconds prior to Launching your Game. If it Flashes Green, you are good.
    On the Top Screen, wait for it to show a Notification that the Plugin is Ready, then hit L+DPad Down+Select, then Press B to get out of Rosalina, and then Action Replay should Fade In. Go to Action Replay, Select the Codes you want, then Press B till you are at the Main Action Replay Menu, then hit the X Box to Exit the Plugin. You are good to go.
    To use Action Replay Plugin -
    Grab the Action Replay Plugin from here
    https://github.com/JourneyOver/CTRPF-AR-CHEAT-CODES
    - Not really sure why there are 2 Plugins. Pick one, I guess.
    - Just like Rosalina, you got to put ALL the Cheats in a TitleID Folder (Took me a few Hours for mine. Had to Filter out all the Games I did not want or was not interested in), and rename the .txt File to cheats.txt)
    Just follow these Instructions, and you should be good. Can confirm that ALL Gateway Cheats work. Tested a few. Urban Trial Freestyle would NOT work with Rosalina, but did work with AR Plugin.

EDIT - Also, Gateway may have worked with Emulators, but do NOT try to Load either. Cheats wont work with Rosalina, and you will get Crashes with Action Replay. Least, that is what I got with RetroArch. Unless the Build I Installed is crap. Seems like RA has been having Issues with the latest Nightly Builds. Start of the Month Builds should be safe, especially for the Vita.

Last edited by Smoker1, Oct 18, 2018
    Itzumi likes this.