Homebrew guide forced an update to 11.6, what now?

pixia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Right so funny story (but not funny 'haha')

I'm new to this, got a New 3DS XL which was v 11.2.0. Followed all of the instructions of the hacking guide, copied all the files into the SD card in the right order and whatnot,
buuut then it got to the point of telling me to update my software, because it was allegedly safe to do so. So I did. It got updated to 11.6. and in the next step (L+Down+Select) the combination did absolutely nothing, which is when I realized that I'm well and truly fucked, because now I'm on 11.6 and the internet says it isn't possible to downgrade.

So... now what?

pixia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I was using this this one 3ds.guide/get-started-(new-3ds)

And I don't have a flashcard. Since the update I've started looking into the possibility of buying one, but I can't even seem to understand what kind I'd need

infinete

The Temp's cynic.
Trophies
XP
Country
Last edited by infinete,

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
I was using this this one 3ds.guide/get-started-(new-3ds)

And I don't have a flashcard. Since the update I've started looking into the possibility of buying one, but I can't even seem to understand what kind I'd need

R4i 3DS RTS Gold. You can get it here : http://nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=149 . Or possibly the "plus" version which has a switch to let you pick between DS mode and 3DS : http://nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=575 but is otherwise the same (and slightly cheaper).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

https://3ds.guide/ntrboot
There is a list, I would recomend either;
(AK2i, does not need to be unflashed to play ds roms) http://www.nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=160
or
(R4i Gold, Will need to be reflashed to play ds roms) http://www.nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=149.

Edit: As ItzKipz asked though, how far through the guide did you get? Updating comes quite late in.

Ak2i requires a hacked/old firmware 3ds, old dsi, or original ds system. There is also a "plus" version of the r4i gold that has a ntrboot switch on it but I have not heard anything about it.

pixia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'd done everything up to the "finalizing the setup" page. Everything seemed fine, worked as described. But then i added the new files into the SD card and it said to update next, so I did :(

freakyrat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
11.2? should have used soundhax but too late for that
who says she didn't use soundhax?

What step were you on when you updated??? according to the guide, you should have installed CFW and then updated.
yes, if you did everything right up until that point, then b9s should already be installed. :) you just need a way to launch FBI.

if you start up your console and hold the "Start"-button, does GodMode9 launch?

ItsKipz

l33t hax0r
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd done everything up to the "finalizing the setup" page. Everything seemed fine, worked as described. But then i added the new files into the SD card and it said to update next, so I did :(
What version does it say you're on when you go into settings? Also what happens if you hold start and then turn on the 3ds (or select)

Shady Guy Jose

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
If you truly did everything right, you should be on CFW right now. Did you go through the Luma configuration? If so, then your 3DS is hacked, and there's just some small thing missing. To test that: put GodMode9 as boot.firm in your SD card root and see if it boots when you turn the console on.

Reactions: xJoelituh

pixia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
when I turn it on and press start/do it at the same time, no, it boots up normally. I guess something had gone wrong during the previous steps and I didn't know :(

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when I turn it on and press start/do it at the same time, no, it boots up normally. I guess something had gone wrong during the previous steps and I didn't know :(
Hold SELECT and THEN press power while still holding select. If you see the Luma config you're hacked. There is no way you got to "finalizing setup" without CFW if you followed all the steps.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh shit, it opened :D what now?
Push start and finish the guide Lol......

Your system was hacked this entire time......

The menu you were trying to use is Rosalina, and it's not something you do upon boot. Once you're in the homemenu you press L+Down+Select and it will open.

pixia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Push start and finish the guide Lol......

Your system was hacked this entire time......
but I'd seen this same window before, pressed the other things etc. and only after all that did it ask to update. oh well.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but I'd seen this same window before, pressed the other things etc. and only after all that did it ask to update. oh well.
You did it right.... If you saw that screen before I don't know why you thought it didn't work. You can't run Luma without hax.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s