Gaming GUIDE: Fix a few 5.50GEN-D3 Bugs.

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
OP
Trophies
XP
IF YOU HAVE A PSP 3000/PSPGO/PSP2000 WITH TA088v3 MOTHERBOARD, STOP READING NOW! IF YOU DO ANY OF THESE INSTRUCTIONS, YOU MAY WELL BE HOLDING A BRICK. I WILL NOT HOLD ANY RESPONSIBILITY WITH YOUR PRODUCT! CONTINUE FURTHER AT YOUR OWN RISK!
Even though it's not all too buggy, many people consider GEN-D3 the buggiest in the 5.50 generation.
I'll be guiding you through on how to fix the save data corruption bug and the MS SPEEDUP HACK. (Sorry. No PSN fix but i heard that PSNFucker and PSNLover works.)

Ok. For the GEN-D3 Save Data corruption bug, download this.
And extract the archive. There should be a folder called "fix".
Drag "fix" to /PSP/GAME and run the fix. This should stop that "Save data is corrupt" problems.

For the MS SPEEDUP HACK, download this.
This is PHAT only but i will soon upload SLIM instructions (or maybe Rydian will do it before i do
tongue.gif
)

For Slims,
Download PSARDumper, download the 3.71 OFW EBOOT (I cannot provide you with this. Look for it yourself), and download the FATMSMOD.
[*]Copy the folder "new_psardumper" to ms0:/PSP/GAME[*]Put the 3.71 to the root of your memory stick renamed to "EBOOT.PBP"[*]Run PSARDumper selecting "Game-Memory Stick" and press the square button[*]Reconnect your psp to your computer and you should now have a new folder called "f0"[*]Open up the "f0" and open up "kd"[*]Copy/cut the "fatmsmod.prx" to the root of your memory stick[*]Copy the folder "FATMS371" to ms0:/PSP/GAME[*]Run the patch and your done!
(THIS IS FOR NON-TA088V3 SLIMS ONLY. I WON'T BE RESPONSILE FOR ANY BRICK. IF THIS WORKS FINE FOR ME, IT'LL WORK FINE FOR YOU!)

What does this do, you wonder. Basically this is Dark_AleX's 3.71 FatMsMod, but for 5.50 GEN firmware/s.
Keep in mind that 3.71 FatMsMod by Dark Alex has incompatibility with content browser mode of game categories , so if you use content browser mode with this 3.71 FatMsMod , all of your files in the categories in the ISO folders will appear as corrupted data.

Anywho, You may want to extract the archive first and drag the "GENDMS" that is included, into your /PSP/GAME folder of your PSP Memory stick. Run the mod and you should be able to read/write your MS as fast as M33 firmwares (Ha! Take THAT! M3 Fanboys!)

And that's all folks. Hope this fixes any of your problems.

CREDITS TO:
QJ.net for the files and my knowledge
smile.gif

Dark_AleX for the FATMSMOD
LUCA00555 for his GEN-D3 bug fixer
Rydian for proving me wrong countless of times and hopes he can find something contradictory in my posts....
THE PSP COMMUNITY!!

Princess Rozalin

†GBAtemp Official Princess Of Roses†
Trophies
Website
z10.invisionfree.com
XP
Country
United States
Just so you know Running the Fix also stop Decrypting in 5.50 GEN-D3 so new games wont Work However I Posted a V3 that was made by Circo that has the same effect though you can return back to it later.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=221969

Please do know i have not Tested this yet.I just posted this from the other Forum and theres a Video there Testing it as Well.So if anything happens im not Responsible for Bricked or any Damage to the PSP!

D

Deleted User

Rydian said:
Er, MS speed hack... does that actually speed up loading of data from the memory stick? =D

I think it's more useful for fake memory sticks than anything else (dual micro SD cards being an example). Then again I could be wrong
tongue.gif

Jolan

Unlimited Bear Works
Trophies
Website
www.animecubed.com
XP
Country
Princess Rozalin said:
Just so you know Running the Fix also stop Decrypting in 5.50 GEN-D3 so new games wont Work
Technically, it replaces your D3 game debugger with the one from D2, meaning it runs older games fine, but newer ones still required decryption. Which is the exact same thing as switching back to GEN-D2.
Thanks for the improved save fixer though.

Princess Rozalin

Trophies
Website
z10.invisionfree.com
XP
Country
United States
Jolan said:
Princess Rozalin said:
Just so you know Running the Fix also stop Decrypting in 5.50 GEN-D3 so new games wont Work
Technically, it replaces your D3 game debugger with the one from D2, meaning it runs older games fine, but newer ones still required decryption. Which is the exact same thing as switching back to GEN-D2.
Thanks for the improved save fixer though.
Ah Thanks for making it More Specific oh and Np im glad i can Help the GBAtempers

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
OP
Trophies
XP
serving said:
about this gen ms update it says its only for gen d2 what happens if i use it n gen d3
It only replaces the Memory Stick driver. So no harm done really. It won't decrease compatibility. However, if you use a slim, i suggest you wait until i get time to type up instructions for it.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
The easiest way to fix the save bug would be to use GEN-D2 and just use pegasus.prx from D3 as a plugin. Unfortunately I haven't found pegasus.prx from D3 posted anywhere so I haven't been able to try it.

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice, thanks for the guide. You made me want to go back to 5.50GEN-D3. I too was a victim of that "save data is corrupted" error. So I decided to go back to GEN-D2 and forget about GEN-D3. But after following your guide and downloading the fixes, everything seems to be working smooth. Though the MS speed hack doesn't really seem to be doing anything
unsure.gif
. Not that big of a deal though.

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
OP
Trophies
XP
Well it's usually for MS off dealextreme or china. Basically fake MS have speed problems. It takes ages for Project DIVA to load on my friend's MS from hong kong
frown.gif

Princess Rozalin

Trophies
Website
z10.invisionfree.com
XP
Country
United States
fgghjjkll said:
Well it's usually for MS off dealextreme or china. Basically fake MS have speed problems. It takes ages for Project DIVA to load on my friend's MS from hong kong
frown.gif
Hey i just recived a MS Sandisk 8.0 but it says Magic Gate Unkown when on the PSP.Will this be able to fix it?

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
OP
Trophies
XP
No. It will just making reading and writing to the MS hell faster. (Or maybe not so faster. It depends on the build quality of the fake MS)

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Sony messed up the MS access drivers in firmwares from 3.80 on The fatmsmod.prx which is being flashed here is the 3.71 version which preserves the original access speed. However, this was later further improved by Dark Alex in 5.00M33-6 which is the point GreatCrippler is making, and figures can be seen in the 5.00M33-6 update which contains a document comparing the MS drivers.

Either way, using a fake MS is going to be the real issue with most read/write problems, not a few ms here and there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Apply snorgle to pinfor.