[Guide] Community noob guide to Wii U hacking

Discussion in 'Wii U - Tutorials' started by Kafluke, Nov 29, 2016.

1. Izotov

Izotov Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 20, 2014
    Ukraine
    Any news about boot1 exploit?

2. Kafluke
    OP

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    Nope

3. Kafluke
    OP

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    Im aware all the pics have disappeared. I've dm'd @TheTechGenius. He's the one hosting the pics

4. theweAve

theweAve Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 30, 2008
    United States
    Oh-Hi-Oh
    Great walk-through & it is much appreciated!!

I just got my Wii U running the way I need it, but I have a question.

I know that whatever DS game I used to get Haxchi I can't install again. Is there any issues downloading & playing other DS games?

Also, as it pertains to DLC. I have Super Smash & have purchased a few of the different DLC from eShop. Will there be any issues installing Super Smash (so I don't need the disc) & installing the DLC from Wii U USB Helper?

Thx again for all the work on this!!!

Last edited by theweAve, Feb 8, 2018
  5. Kafluke
    OP

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    You can use Wii U USB Helper and get whatever DS game you want (other than the one you used for HaxChi). Or you can legit buy it. Some are worth it.

As far as legit DLC, it will work just fine with any games installed with Wii u USB Helper. Just either unblock DNS for a bit (only of you're on 5.5.2) or use NNU Patcher to update the game normally and access your already purchased DLC.

6. theweAve

theweAve Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 30, 2008
    United States
    Oh-Hi-Oh

Ok. Thx!

But, in regards to the DLC issue. What I'm asking is more or less say I have Super Smash & have purchased some of the DLC, but not all of it. Will I have an issue when I install the DLC from Wii U USB Helper?

7. Kafluke
    OP

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    No issues. Install what you have purchased and if you use other DLC from Wii U USB Helper then you will have to be in CFW mode to play it. If you apply legit purchased DLC to a game you downloaded from Wii U USB Helper you won't need to be in CFW but if you have a combination of legit and non legit DLC you will most certainly have to be CFW mode to play the game at all.

8. WarSpaz

WarSpaz Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 26, 2017
    Sweden
    Can i dump the nand after installing haxchi and cbhc or is it a done deal so to say? Also, when i bought the Wii u the previous owner had his nnid in it and i would download brain age for free on it. I have since installed haxchi and cbhc and removed his nnid and created my own nnid. Everything works, but am i still able to update haxchi or cbhc incase of a new version?
    Best regards

Skickat från min ONEPLUS A3003 via Tapatalk

9. Kafluke
    OP

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    You can dump the nand before or after. It's just nice to have a copy that doesn't have CBHC. If you dump your nand and before and you accidentally brick it you can just flash the nand back. No need to decrypt and fix it first. If you dump it after CBHC and you brick it then you'll have to fix your dump first before flashing it back to fix the brick.

As far as your second question, if you have it working just fine with your NNID and the previous owners NNID is now gone for sure then there is no worries updating CBHC and HaxChi.

10. WarSpaz

WarSpaz Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 26, 2017
    Sweden
    Thanks man! So, am i right by thinking i can remove cbhc, then boot up without starting haxchi, and dump my nand?

Skickat från min ONEPLUS A3003 via Tapatalk

11. Kafluke
    OP

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    Yes. Just use the CBHC installer and choose uninstall

WarSpaz likes this.
  12. vvedge

vvedge Member

Newcomer
    Nov 6, 2002
    France
    Kafluke likes this.
  13. TheTechGenius

TheTechGenius </Web Dev>

Apr 7, 2017
    United States
    Thank you. I still have them, it's just the Server crashed the other day, it's most likely the RAM/Memory. I did order another Kit though.

I still have the images, I just have to comb through all of the drives to find them. lol.

Kafluke likes this.
  14. team-knight-rider

team-knight-rider Member

Newcomer
    Dec 29, 2017
    Philippines
    Can I use loadline and WUP Installer Method same time?

15. Kafluke
    OP

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    Sure

16. leon315

leon315 POWERLIFTER

Nov 27, 2013
    Italy
    thanks, Tc for great guide, i've finally decided to move from web exploit to Haxchi, so is brazillian method is basically thieving/stealing games from Nintendo's Eshop? Am i right??

17. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    that's right.
    and it's not "brazilian".
    what the brazilian person did is find that the key was incorrectly dumped from a WUD extracted image by comparing it with a legit ticket from eShop stored on NAND. What that person did was "guess" a fix, for 2 games only, by randomly toying with a ticket's data. Or even worse, he maybe just bought these games and just shared his own official ticket's data. it wasn't even a method to fix the ticket (found by other user on this forum).
    Crediar fixed the IV used to decrypt the ticket from DiscU to get proper installable files.

If there's a "method" it's Crediar's method, because he is the one who released WUP installer method for the first time.
    There are 2 method to play games : loadiine and wup installer.

I'd prefer users to not call it someone's method, but the process name : WUP installer method, or title installer method, it's more appropriate to the used method/tool. It's not someone or a country's way of doing things.

Last edited by Cyan, Feb 10, 2018
    Kafluke likes this.
  18. barryhass

barryhass Member

Newcomer
    Jan 11, 2018
    United States
    I installed coldboot a few months ago and ended up removing it because after installing it I noticed I could no longer use WUP Installer. But after uninstalling CBHC, I still get an error message when trying to open WUP Installer. Does anyone know what the solution to this is? I had to start over, re-downloading the game I purchased from the E Shop onto my Wii U before reinstalling Haxchi, but it always showed WUP Installer on the dashboard, unlike Haxchi. Do I just need to go into the Homebrew Channel and install it from there or something?

19. blaisedinsd

blaisedinsd GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 6, 2012
    United States
    I have run in to a strange problem today.

I just use haxchi each time I need custom firmware.

I have injected skyward sword and while playing the Wii U randomly just shut down. It continued to happen so I troubleshot it and determined that it was only rebooting in vWii mode while the sd card was inserted. I even played some virtual console off the vWii nand and it would reset when the sd card was inserted and was fine when it wasn’t.

The only thing I recently did with the sd card besides installing games to usb with wup installer was setup retro arch to have the xmb interface and installed an icon so I didn’t have to launch from home brew channel.

Any suggestions on what i should try? Maybe copy everything to a different as card and see if there is still an issue?

Last edited by blaisedinsd, Feb 10, 2018
  20. Kafluke
    OP

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    I think that's a good idea. Try a different Sd

21. blaisedinsd

blaisedinsd GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 6, 2012
    United States
    Well I copied everything over to my tiny 2 GB micro sd in an adapter and it seems to work fine. Reformatted the 32 GB full size sd card and copied everything back. Not 10 seconds after I swapped cards the console shut down. Lame I bought the 32 go card just for Wii U. I guess I can still use it to install games and stuff, I just can’t do anything in Wii mode.

Actually now both sd cards are doing it and it even did it with no sd card in it. Everything associated with my vWii seems unstable right now. I had softmodded the vWii side along time ago. Does that cause a problem with Wii and GameCube injects maybe?

Last edited by blaisedinsd, Feb 11, 2018
  22. PlasticK

PlasticK Member

Newcomer
    Oct 4, 2017
    Russia
    my wii u is on 5.5.1 e

after installing cbhc using this tutorial my wii u is showing my firmware version as 99.99.99 e
    is that normal?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice