1. Jpk

Jpk Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    You are probably right. This seems to be an awesome community though so ill try

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I don't anyone would have enough time to get it through to my pea brain

2. Kate0012

Kate0012 Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    I think you understood me wrong.

You should really go read the guide. It's dangerous to ask for answers like this, since they might be missing some details, and if you do something wrong you'll brick your console.

Your choice.

3. Jpk

Jpk Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Time or devotion

I tried. Im too stupid :( I don't even know what a fat 32 sd card is

4. TheTechGenius

TheTechGenius </Web Dev>

United States
    When you changed the Haxchi config text file, did you reinstall Haxchi? If not, then that is your problem, Haxchi is still running the default config.

You must reinstall Haxchi after you edit the Haxchi config file for the new settings to take effect.

Unless I read your post wrong. If so, I apologize.

Last edited by TheTechGenius, Jan 28, 2018
  5. Kate0012

Kate0012 Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Nah I never changed the config file. I know if I changed the config file I'd have to reinstall Haxchi.

6. IshMeNick

IshMeNick Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I’ve set up the DNS blocking method.

If I get an error saying the server is undergoing maintenance when trying to update or is always on Pending in the Download Management, does that mean it worked?

7. TheTechGenius

TheTechGenius </Web Dev>

United States
    Oh ok, my bad.

8. Agent:Orange

Agent:Orange Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Worked perfect after clearing the internet cache. Thanks for the very detailed walkthrough and links.

9. Alexmo

Alexmo Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Right now I'm having this silly problem formatting my SD card, the name won't go away and I can't change it to lowercase

10. Kafluke

OP Kafluke GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Don't worry about that. Those are old instructions. I need to update that part. The name is unimportant

11. Alexmo

Alexmo Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Okay thanks

12. Alexmo

Alexmo Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Sorry for the double post but I need some help getting TPCGecko working on a 5.5.2 using the temporary browser hack.
    Along with that things like the gamepad TV screen swap thing (can't remember the name)won't work as well do I really need a DS game to do this?

Last edited by Alexmo, Jan 28, 2018
  13. Chivvo

Chivvo Newbie
    Newcomer

Australia
    This worked. The second last one is the one I used. Everything else worked fine after that! Thank you heaps

14. Armadillo

Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Just jumping in to say thanks for the guide got haxchi installed no problem, also to say I'm stupid :rofl2:

I've been using the browser exploit as I didn't really use my wii u much, so didn't want to buy DS game. Finally decided I will buy one as I am using it more, only to find I already have brain training on my account. I grabbed it when it was on offer for free in EU years back, just but never kept it installed, so only needed to redownload.

Fuck me all this time I could have had it free if my brain wasn't old and could remember stuff :rofl:.

So now it's installed and I can easily launch a patched system. I have a dlc question. If I install dlc onto a game installed with wup installer, will the game stop showing up until I launch haxchii or will the dlc just be unavailable but the base game will show up?

Thanks.

Last edited by Armadillo, Jan 29, 2018
  15. Kafluke

OP Kafluke GBAtemp Guru

United States
    The game will show up but it won't launch without CFW if you installed DLC. It will just fail to launch. No risks

16. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight
    Former Staff

France
    I don't know if it's still a problem, but the SD card couldn't be named "wiiu", all other names are fine.

17. cavale

cavale Newbie
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    Thanks for this, i want to buy a Wii U since it can play sooo many games and it's not expensive at all. But i didn't understood 1 thing. What did you mean with:

(**Unplug all USB drives. You don't have to have HaxChi running on your sysnand for it to work but you absolutely MUST have it there if you setup a coldboot method (CBHC - Later in the guide). Might as well just put it on system memory to be safe moving forward**)

If i put all the files on the sd card that you told me to, do i need to put haxchi in the sysnad as well? Like i don't really get what this means, :P. Or is having all the right files on the sd card enough to hit the ''exploit'' button and install the haxchi?

Thanks in advance!

18. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight
    Former Staff

France
    haxchi is not launched from the SD.
    the SD, is only used as "install file" to put on the console OR on the WiiU USB.

what it means is that "you could install the NDS and haxchi to USB if you'd want", but it would be dangerous to do that if you later install CBHC while the NDS game is located on USB ! (you'll brick your console).
    That's why it's recommended to install only on sysNAND and not USB.
    I guess the explanation is not the best worded one, as it imply that "it's best not to use USB" but you are right that some users could think that "you don't need to put haxchi on sysNAND" could be read as "you can leave it on SD instead!" which is wrong.
    here, "you don't have to put it on sysnand" means "you could put it on USB".

Once installed, you can fully delete the SD files related to haxchi, they are not used anymore. they are now copied to sysNAND.

Last edited by Cyan, Jan 29, 2018
  19. Kafluke

OP Kafluke GBAtemp Guru

United States
    I'll reword that section right now.

Edit: Done

Cyan likes this.
  20. cavale

cavale Newbie
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    Ahhhh, so if i just want haxchi to play wii u and wii games, i just put the files on the sd card, follow the whole tutorial and it's done. Then afterwards if i want the other things i just follow that tutorial.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Community, [Guide], hacking