1. leproos

leproos Member
    Newcomer

Netherlands Antilles
    Understand, thats great. And the game updates for online play? What is the best way, came across different methods.

2. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    game updates - use nnu patcher to download and install them.

leproos likes this.
  3. Kafluke

OP Kafluke GBAtemp Guru

United States
    @godreborn gave you the best method. There are 3 ways to perform game updates.

1. Like mentioned above us NNU patcher and you won't have to touch your DNS blocking.
    2. If you are on 5.5.2 then just unblock DNS and update the game normally. As of the time of this post (September 20th 2017) there is no newer firmware so there is no real risk in disabling your blocking (of course they could pop an update through at the EXACT time that you disable but that's highly unlikely). Then just re-enable your DNS blocking when you're done.
    3. Use Wii U USB Helper and just download and install the updates the same way that you installed the game. With WUP Installer.

Last edited by Kafluke, Sep 20, 2017
    leproos and godreborn like this.
  4. leproos

leproos Member
    Newcomer

Netherlands Antilles
    Thank u, i did not block my DNS tbh.. Don t see Any Risk with the new switch and the wiiu (games) being discontinued..

5. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    I would strongly advise blocking those servers using dns or manually. this is what a lot of people thought before on 5.5.1, then Nintendo hit us with 5.5.2 over a year later and randomly too. luckily, we found a browser exploit since the browser had been updated.

leproos likes this.
  6. leproos

leproos Member
    Newcomer

Netherlands Antilles
    Ok, Will do IT Tomorrow! Got games running now ..Awesome! Only thing is Maybe i installed a game twice.. but shouldnt be a problem

7. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    shouldn't be a problem. you can actually have two of the same game installed at the same time. there's a copy option which allows this. that's for legit usage too. it's a mess up by Nintendo I think, because there's no reason to have two copies of a game on the system.

8. leproos

leproos Member
    Newcomer

Netherlands Antilles
    Hhaha ok.. thats silly indeed.. is only the DNS Alblasserdam enough for EU? No secondairy?

9. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    there's a secondary, but I don't remember it off the top of my head. this guide has it. if you set it to blank, you wouldn't be able to connect to the internet if the primary went down. that's a good preventative measure in case both go down.

karoloos and leproos like this.
  10. leproos

leproos Member
    Newcomer

Netherlands Antilles
    So no secondary is best.. thanks! u guys have been a great help :)

11. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    the secondary is if the primary goes down. I'd suggest using it. it's unlikely to happen, but it's possible.

leproos likes this.
  12. Kafluke

OP Kafluke GBAtemp Guru

United States
    "Brazilian Guide" is not an entry point. HaxChi is an entry point. You still need either HaxChi or browserhax to use "Brazilian Guide" (Its called WUP Installer Method)

13. Vasko

Vasko Member
    Newcomer

Thanks so much for this guide!

Quick question:
    Do I need fw.img file when using Haxchi CFW ?
    Because the config.txt says to load it if I get it right.

14. Kafluke

OP Kafluke GBAtemp Guru

United States
    No you dont. The HaxChi config has that option but it's an older method

Vasko likes this.
  15. daq

daq Member
    Newcomer

Gambia, The
    Can changing my country of residence affect haxchi at all? I switched my country of residence over to United Kingdom after originally being set to New Zealand and got a message saying "If you change your country settings, you will no longer be able to use services that require a Nintendo Network ID, such as browsing Nintendo eShop or posting to Miiverse." Everything seems to work as normal, but just wanted to double check if im likely to run in to any issues (ive not yet tried to access the eshop or reconnect my internet just in case)

16. TheTechGenius

TheTechGenius </Web Dev>

United States
    Well, the worst that could happen is that Haxchi will no longer launch. Haxchi alone can't brick your system. You don't have CBHC do you?

If Haxchi no longer launches, could you switch your country back? If so, then you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

That only goes for Haxchi, NOT CBHC. If you have CBHC, then it's not worth the risk to try it, I would wait until someone can confirm for sure that it will be ok, if you are running CBHC.

17. daq

daq Member
    Newcomer

Gambia, The
    Just connected to the internet, and Haxchi still works, but everytime I boot up and try to run something (including haxchi) I get the error - "this nintendo network id cannot be used because its country setting does not match the setting of the console. please check the country setting in system settings". Will see if i can update my country of residence for my NNID, which I assume will fix the problem (not sure how easy that is though)

18. TheTechGenius

TheTechGenius </Web Dev>

United States
    Oh ok. Yeah, it's probably detecting a different region for the Haxchi game?

I thought digital games were region free though. Idk.

19. daq

daq Member
    Newcomer

Gambia, The
  20. TheTechGenius

TheTechGenius </Web Dev>

United States
    Maybe you can call them up on the phone, and try to get them to change it. They can if they want to.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Community, [Guide], hacking