Tutorial [Guide] Community noob guide to Wii U hacking

godreborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, but tbh I don't really want to install a game at a time XD
Anyway, thank you for the reply again!
I'm playing usb loader gx on the wii u right now through the sd card with games on usb, and I've been playing for several hours (maybe 4 hours or so), so I can't check what brand I have. I think it's a pny though, and I've never had a problem with it. it's a full sd card, not micro sd with adapter.

DJPlace

the hater of something i can't recall.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello i'm thinking about getting a WII U for emulation only.

what system's can be played on a Wii U and can they use a USB stick or SD card

let me know here.

also is retroarch on Wii U so i can post cheevo's up on retroachvement's site.

also is it easy to hack like the Wii?

godreborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello i'm thinking about getting a WII U for emulation only.

what system's can be played on a Wii U and can they use a USB stick or SD card

let me know here.

also is retroarch on Wii U so i can post cheevo's up on retroachvement's site.

also is it easy to hack like the Wii?
very easy to hack the wii. I don't think you need a game anymore, just wuphax. you can emulate up to gamecube and psx, I think, but I don't really play emulated games much. you can play ds as well if that's of interest to you.

Reactions: jeannotte

DJPlace

the hater of something i can't recall.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nice i'm going see if the pawn shop i know has a Wii U and how much. does it have a list of what emulator's it support's on the Wii U?

urobolus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I am not sure what's the best thread to ask this but here goes: I bought a 2nd Wii U recently just to try out Tiramisu, and setting this up was successful, but there is a thing I can't explain and maybe it's not related to it at all, as I didn't this before installing Tiramisu.

I notice that pressing the power button on the console won't turn it off.
Holding the button works (hard shut down).
Pressing the power button on the gamepad will also turn off the console remotely.
The power button though won't do it. It will turn on the console fine but then it won't put it to sleep no matter what I do.

Any hints on what might be the source of this?

godreborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yep, I just compiled nintendont again:

1642707713121.png

Windi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don’t know where else to ask this but where can I find WiiU forwarders for vWii emulators?
You have two options:
1. Use this tool to load the dol of the vWii emulator directly from the WiiU Home Menu.
  • Pros: More Clock Speed, Gamepad Support
  • Cons: Only Access to SD, no USB Support
2. Install a forwarder on the vWii (so that you have a forwarder channel on the vWii). Then use the same tool as mentioned above to create a Wii U forwarder channel to the vWii forwarder channel.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
1. Use this tool to load the dol of the vWii emulator directly from the WiiU Home Menu.
  • Pros: More Clock Speed, Gamepad Support
  • Cons: Only Access to SD, no USB Support
See, I already tried this method with varied results, NES and GBA worked, N64, Genesis and SNES didn’t, SNES overrides NES too but it crashes.

Genesis is the weirdest, I can’t seem to find the most recent build, I tried downloading from other sites, it worked but Gamepad is not supported, I tried another loader that supposedly supports WiiU Gamepad but that one didn’t work.

I wonder if I can just download forwarder channels that support the Gamepad for these emulators.

Windi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I wonder if I can just download forwarder channels that support the Gamepad for these emulators.
You can't, at least not legally. You have to build them yourself or hunt for them in the depths of the web.

In your use case I would recommend using retroarch tho, it offers emulation for all systems you mentionend except for N64. There is also an forwarder for it here.

See, I already tried this method with varied results, NES and GBA worked, N64, Genesis and SNES didn’t, SNES overrides NES too but it crashes.

I am not sure why you have that problem, you might find answers for that in the specific threads for the program or the emulators.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
You can't, at least not legally. You have to build them yourself or hunt for them in the depths of the web.

In your use case I would recommend using retroarch tho, it offers emulation for all systems you mentionend except for N64. There is also an forwarder for it here.

I am not sure why you have that problem, you might find answers for that in the specific threads for the program or the emulators.
I really don’t like Retroarch, it’s slow af, and I would ask in the emulators thread but I been searching for the past couple of days with very little luck, navigating through GBATemp threads isn’t picnic especially due to how slow it runs on most of my devices 😟

wawnord

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So after a few years gone, i'm now interested in my good old wiiu (ISOUHAX) again. is there ANY reason why i should update my 5.5.1 Pal console? And is there any way to find out which DS Game i used for haxchi years ago?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NoobletCheese @ NoobletCheese: Hi Ramesh, please join our weird puddle.