United States
    Mocha or indexiine.

jeannotte and alexander1970 like this.
  3. Superdio

Superdio Newbie
    Newcomer

Italy
    I don't have a windows pc at home:
    is there a way to install roms on the wii U without using third parties programs or usb helper?
    if so, how and which format should the roms be?

4. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Last edited by godreborn, Jan 27, 2021
    jeannotte and alexander1970 like this.
  5. christianacqua

Newcomer

Italy
    Hi, one question, does / are they developing a boot1 hax?

6. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    there's an exploit for boot1 I believe, but no one has developed anything from it. there's a list of exploits and how they work on wiiubrew iirc. afaik, no one is working on it, but I don't know for sure.

7. danoobiewiiubie

Newcomer

Canada
    This is still a great guide. The only 2 problems I have come across are below:

#1 - The Homebrew Appsotre link has a 404 error (HBAS1.5). Whenever or wherever else I download HBAS1.5, the zip folder is empty...

So for the Homebrew appstore I'm not up-to-date... and therefore, I am using a beta one.

Am I the only one experiencing this issue? If not, can somebody link me to a download that isn't empty?

#2 - Here goes issue #2 -> I still have no idea where to get the download files to hack into the Virtual Wii within the WiiU.

8. jeannotte

jeannotte GBAtemp Addict

France
    here ==>https://apps.fortheusers.org/wiiu

For the Wii U vwii mode ==>https://wiiu.hacks.guide/#/vwii-modding or here ==>https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-definitive-vwii-hacking-guide.425852/

9. danoobiewiiubie

Newcomer

Canada
    I did end up eventually successfully completing step 3, but In a failed effort to perform the Backup sysnand (step 3) I thought I needed to install mocha.

So I opened haxchi and downloaded it from the homebrew appstore, and then loaded/installed it from homebrew channel. Afterwards, I deleted mocha from the homebrew channel because I was hoping that would uninstall mocha. I'm still not sure if I installed mocha well, or if I am even using mocha anymore... though I think I recall seeing the mocha logo pop up on my screen at least once after deletion. Anyways, will my mocha situation matter if I just want to run some games via Wup Installer? In other words, Should I even worry about trying to uninstall mocha?

Otherwise, here is the slightly less annoying problem I'm having
    So I kinda skipped over step 4 (game loading methods), because I wanted to hack the vWii before worrying about Wii U games. I plan on using my HDD which I for some reason partitioned into WBFS and Fat32 back when I had a hacked Wii but an un-hacked Wii U. The only pain in the butt I discovered thus far is that in order for the HDD to work I have to plug it in after running USB Loader GX on the virtual Wii. Does anybody know how to fix that issue? An update of something? A different USBloader? A way of transferring from WBFS to a WII U formatted external HDD?

Depending on the workaround (or lack thereof) I might just have two different external HDDs. One for my Wii U & the other one would be for the virtual Wii.

10. jeannotte

jeannotte GBAtemp Addict

France
    Hello,

if you want two external hard drives:

1) for the vwii mode hard drive, connect it to the back of the console. And use ==>https://gbatemp.net/threads/ustealth-wii-u-format-disk-nag-workaround.352786/

2) for the external hard drive to format Wii U, connect it to the front of the console.

But be aware that you can have on the same external hard drive (format wii U) ==> wii, wii U and Gamecube games. And use Usbhelper and WiiVC Injector Script (GC / Wii / Homebrew Support) ==>https://gbatemp.net/threads/working-fix-easy-install-wii-u-usb-helper-0-6-1-655.535214/ ==> https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-wiivc-injector-script-gc-wii-homebrew-support.483577/

alexander1970 likes this.
  11. BattlingNebula

Newcomer

India
    Is this method fixed with today's update? I am unable to take NAND backup. It says "failed to open /otp.bin for writing! Error.. rebooting!"

EDIT: I resolved the issue now! The SD card sleeve I was using was in 'locked' position. Just slid the slider upwards and everything is fine! ✌

Last edited by BattlingNebula, Mar 4, 2021
    alexander1970 and jeannotte like this.
  12. BitMasterPlus

BitMasterPlus GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I'm looking to hack my Wii U now, but since there's so much information and ways to do it, I'd like a few things clarified if possible. Is there a best way to hack it? I see several different ways to do it. Do I need to purchase a DS game for some of the methods? Is the Ds method or without a DS game method better than the other?

This is my first time hacking a console so I don't wanna screw it up if I can help it.

BattlingNebula likes this.
  13. BattlingNebula

Newcomer

India
    I hacked my Wii U for the first time yesterday. My Wii U was on 5.5.5 while doing it and from what I read usually, purchasing a DS VC game and installing Haxchi into it is the most reliable one. You can rely on browserhax but IMO, it's better to purchase a DS virtual console game and having it downloaded and installing haxchi into it. So that way even if the browserhax website is taken down or Wii U eshop is taken down, you'll always have one reliable way to load homebrew on the console.

ca032769 and jeannotte like this.
  14. jeannotte

jeannotte GBAtemp Addict

France
    Hello,

just an info:

I confirm, I have Haxchi install with a DS virtual console game buy from the Eshop, and everything works fine.

15. ca032769

ca032769 INFOCOM Collector

United States
    Thank you, I was wondering about the 5.5.5 release and how it might affect things.

I have one Black Wii U that I stopped modding after installing Haxchi onto a DS game downloaded from the eshop and I have a White Wii U that I haven't touched and need to mod. I think the are both on 5.5.2 or 5.5.3.

Guess I should stop being lazy and get them modded before it's too late.

Last edited by ca032769, Mar 5, 2021
  16. luibee

luibee Newbie
    Newcomer

I just sucessfully installed Haxchi on My Wii U, I use an external HDD for game files.
    I now want to play Wii games also, do I need another HDD?
    ps: also got a system update today. Wonder it could do anything to the hack.
    thanks guys.

alexander1970 and jeannotte like this.
  17. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    yes, for virtual wii or use the same hdd with injects. I wouldn't do that latter unless it's games you really like, because you have a 292 game limit.

18. VooDooDollKiler

Newcomer

United States
    very good guide thanks

alexander1970 likes this.
  19. Danook28

Danook28 GBAtemp Regular

Oman
    This is the console type

20. Eddypikachu

Eddypikachu GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Anyone have any idea why my JPN GBA VC game doesn't work on Loadiine? I downloaded it using the Wii u usb helper and unpacked it for loadiine but when I launch in loadiine the console just freezes on a black screen

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Community, [Guide], hacking