Tutorial [Guide] Community noob guide to Wii U hacking

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you'll have to dump the otp.bin and seeprom.bin with the nand dumping tool. they're only 1KB apiece. anyway, I got an error at some point:

upload_2021-1-24_14-31-54.png

I'm not sure if it's from it using the wrong dumping tool for rednand or what, but I'm going to try it with one of my actual full nand dumps. I thought mlc was correct though.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

nope, it failed on the same file with a normal nand dump. maybe it's a bug with the extractor.

Reactions: christianacqua

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's what that tool does, but I tested on the desktop, cmd prompt as admin, and even with the 32bit version, and all fail on that same file.

btw, you only need the otp.bin for this. I think you need the seeprom if it's a usb device, which wfs extract is supposed to be able to extract as well, but this first test doesn't look good for how well it works. maybe an older version won't have this problem?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I deleted the redNAND btw, now I would like to install CBHC, what is the dns for blocking updates? PS my console is EUROPEAN

shouldn't matter the region. if the dns goes down, btw, you won't be able to connect to the internet I believe, so don't worry about something like that happening. :D

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know. I never checked if there were any additional files with cbhc. there should be a config file for normal haxchi, and that goes in the game's folder from what I remember.

upload_2021-1-25_15-22-54.png

upload_2021-1-25_15-24-12.png

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Well the storm isn't hitting me so that's nice lol