1. Datsami0

Datsami0 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I will probably downgrade my Wii U to 5.5.2, once I get my hands one, that is.

2. Pablo_CL

Pablo_CL Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Chile
    Noob question, Can you use wii save data for vc wii games, how do you do it? by this i mean, use an actual wii console's save data for a wii u vc wii game

3. BaamAlex

BaamAlex CVE-2018-6242

Germany
    Yes. You can use it. Backup the save from the wii and copy it to the wii u.

jeannotte, Pablo_CL and alexander1970 like this.
  4. Pablo_CL

Pablo_CL Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Chile
    Thank you, i haven't done it yet but i assume it's simmilar to how it was on the wii

alexander1970 likes this.
  5. Pablo_CL

Pablo_CL Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Chile
    Another thing i forgot to ask, i saw that legit or not vc games save data is on the vwii, i wouldn't need any programs like savemii to import save data, just do it from settings, right?

Last edited by Pablo_CL, Nov 2, 2020
  6. Pablo_CL

Pablo_CL Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Chile
    • Windows will not format your large SD card to fat32. You'll need to use a third party tool to do so. I recommend using "GuiFormat"
    • When going to that link google says it can't find the IP direction of it

Last edited by Pablo_CL, Nov 3, 2020
  7. ca032769

ca032769 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I have the 64-bit version that I use here on my computer.

OneDrive Link: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Akr7GOOfRVh8gvBTQ8r_tyqfVR_KHw?e=9OjHyu

Edit: If you need the 32-bit version let me know. I can add that version once I get home tonight.

Last edited by ca032769, Nov 3, 2020
    Pablo_CL and jeannotte like this.
  8. Pablo_CL

Pablo_CL Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Chile
    Yes!! it worked thank you, i tried using another program and it didin't format my sd card correctly, now i can get started!

jeannotte and ca032769 like this.
  9. genghiskhan

genghiskhan Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Just got a modded Wii that has not been turned on in a few years, it has the homebrew channel installed, since it has no SD so the homebrew channel does not load.

How should I proceed to start using it again?
    Not super savvy but good at following instructions.

10. BaamAlex

BaamAlex CVE-2018-6242

Germany
    Put the apps into sd://apps/

jeannotte likes this.
  11. genghiskhan

genghiskhan Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Whats apps should I get? Is there a way to know what version?
    Or would you need me to list the apps that show up?
    Maybe I should reset and remod?

12. BaamAlex

BaamAlex CVE-2018-6242

Germany
    I can't know which apps you need.

jeannotte likes this.
  13. ca032769

ca032769 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I would suggest you use the ModMii link below in my signature.

You can either re-mod the Wii from scratch like it had never been modded, or just use the SD card files ModMii creates in your Wii.

Personally I would re-mod the Wii from scratch so you can make sure everything is completely up to date on it and the SD card.

14. IceBlueLugia

IceBlueLugia GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hello, everyone. I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I figure I'd ask here.

It's been many years since I installed homebrew on my Wii U and I haven't even used my Wii U in a long time, so to be honest I have pretty much no recollection of anything Wii U homebrew related. Every time I boot up the system I get this screen that says CBHC and a few options when I select boot system menu it works but if I select boot mocha CFW or boot homebrew launcher it crashes. On my Wii U menu, I see an app icon called Haxchi in a folder called "Don't click this" so I assume I will brick my Wii U if I touch it. I don't see any homebrew launcher app on my Wii U or Wii Menu so it looks like I didn't complete the installation or something? When I take out my USB from my Wii U and put it into my PC it makes me reformat it, but it looks like there wasn't anything on there anyway. I tried looking up a few guides to fix some of these issues but it didn't really work. I want to delete the homebrew off my Wii U completely then just reinstall it.

TLDR, I'm very confused about all this and I just want to completely uninstall homebrew off my Wii U, then I'll reinstall it afterward to start fresh. Can someone link me a complete guide to this?

15. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Clicking on the don't touch icon won't brick the system. It's just a reminder not to format or delete the nnid associated with the game. You can uninstall it with the cbhc installer. The crash may have been caused by not having the files on your sd card. Without them, you'll get a minus error.

Last edited by godreborn, Nov 28, 2020
  16. IceBlueLugia

IceBlueLugia GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Alright, so I get a -5 error. I looked it up apparently it's because I dont have the homebew launcher elf in the correct directory but I most definitely do. How do I access cbhc installer?

17. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    you'd need to be able to open the homebrew launcher to access the installer.

18. walterg74

walterg74 Newbie
    Newcomer

Argentina
    Is there any current noob friendly guide in how to USE/Do stuff *after* you hacked your Wii U? All tutorials I find seem to concentrate on actually hacking it, and I understand those, but once I have Haxchi installed, then what? How do I get some games on a usb flash drive or HDD and get them "Installed" to play? Additionally I see some guides where it "just" launches/installs haxchi by just clicking, and getting the menu holding A after/when clicking, and other saying the opposite. Which is it, or howis the behavior chosen?

edit: also, would it be beneficial/quicker to add homebrew channel and wup installer as channels as mentioned somewhere?

Last edited by walterg74, Nov 28, 2020
  19. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    not sure, but it's pretty straight forward to install things. for wii u stuff, put wup installer files in sd/install/game name . you can download wup installer games with usb helper. there's a tutorial on reddit on how to get that to work since it's been discontinued by the author. there's a work around, so it still does work.

20. walterg74

walterg74 Newbie
    Newcomer

Argentina

Is usb helper the best way to go at it? i have some 15 original games, but of course I want to get others...

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Community, [Guide], hacking